• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z.O.E. 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branduil said:
To PC fans, the difference between 360/PS3 graphics is as big as the difference between 3DS and 360/PS3 graphics.
I've been meaning to ask.

Is long in the tooth a compliment? I see PS3 and 360 players say it a lot when talking about visual fidelity.

Seik

Banned
Branduil said:
69799455.jpg

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I see potential! :D

Codeblue

jackdoe said:
That would be kickass actually but will never happen.

I agree. I just thought it was weird that some people would complain about graphics, and then say they wanted the game on something as dated as a PS3 or 360. I'm still ok with PS2 graphics, so it's all good to me.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
BroHuffman said:
Find that hard to believe.

It's not quite that big of a difference, but being able to crank up that resolution, AA, and often better textures and lighting, all at 60fps is... really nice. There's a reason people always seem to PC port beg for Japanese games.

Just realized that the pictured mech and Spider-man have similar color schemes. Weird 60's Spider-man/Zone of the Enders crossover confirmed?

Codeblue said:
I agree. I just thought it was weird that some people would complain about graphics, and then say they wanted the game on something as dated as a PS3 or 360. I'm still ok with PS2 graphics, so it's all good to me.
PS3/360 graphics are still better then 3ds graphics and then the extra options such as your tv, audio systems, controls...

Console graphics are perfectly fine.

And then you have the design choices that may happen as a result of being a handheld game over a console game.

Akainu

BroHuffman said:
Find that hard to believe.
They can be pretty big headed.

Ok what is the context of Spider-man putting his hands down his pants? Did he actually keep things in his pants?

Huff

Banned
Chacranajxy said:
It's not quite that big of a difference, but being able to crank up that resolution, AA, and often better textures and lighting, all at 60fps is... really nice. There's a reason people always seem to PC port beg for Japanese games.

Not saying there isn't a big difference. But going from a 3DS to a 360 is a little different than a 360 to a PC. Weren't people just saying the 3DS's best (looking) game is comparable or slightly better than the PS2?

Rahxephon91 said:
PS3/360 graphics are still better then 3ds graphics and then the extra options such as your tv, audio systems, controls...
Grrr.

I said this earlier.

A $5000 gaming PC is going to completely and utterly destroy anything the PS3 or 360 could ever hope to do on a technical scale.

There will always be better.

I'm just happy it's even a possibility after the last one sold so poorly.

the chris

First Name said:
Just realized that the pictured mech and Spider-man have similar color schemes. Weird 60's Spider-man/Zone of the Enders crossover confirmed?
Spidey already has the mech for the crossover
O0N69.jpg

jackdoe

Codeblue said:
PS3 and 360 may be outdated, but they still offer you gaming at a much higher resolution and with a much larger screen than the 3DS, and when given the choice between the two, it's obvious what people prefer. But in all honesty, as long as the 3DS game doesn't kill off a sequel for the home consoles (and I don't see how it would, if anything it would increase chances; besides, poor ZOE HD Collection sales would be the thing that would kill it off), I don't see what there is to get angry about. You get a ZOE sequel earlier than you would PLUS you'll get another ZOE sequel on a home console (assuming the HD collection doesn't bomb). Win win in my book.

Takao said:
You know what would be funny?

Kojima announces 3D support for ZOE HD Collection.

That is all.
Fingers crossed for that one too. I'm itching for Shadows of the Colossus in 3D and ZOE Collection in 3D would be great. My 3D HDTV needs a workout.

Thunder Monkey said:
Grrr.

I said this earlier.

A $5000 gaming PC is going to completely and utterly destroy anything the PS3 or 360 could ever hope to do on a technical scale.

There will always be better.

I'm just happy it's even a possibility after the last one sold so poorly.
Yes everyone knows that the PC is much more capable. I'm not sure what the point is?

jackdoe said:
PS3 and 360 may be outdated, but they still offer you gaming at a much higher resolution and with a much larger screen than the 3DS, and when given the choice between the two, it's obvious what people prefer. But in all honesty, as long as the 3DS game doesn't kill off a sequel for the home consoles (and I don't see how it would, if anything it would increase chances; besides, poor ZOE HD Collection sales would be the thing that would kill it off), I don't see what there is to get angry about. You get a ZOE sequel earlier than you would PLUS you'll get another ZOE sequel on a home console (assuming the HD collection doesn't bomb). Win win in my book.
Thank you jackdoe!

Rahxephon91 said:
Yes everyone knows that the PC is much more capable. I'm not sure what the point is?
There's always better so bitching gets you no cookie.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If I had time I would find an appropriate spidey pic to reply with but sleep is good for your mind.

When I saw the thread title I can't saw I honestly expected to find page after page of 60's spiderman image macros. This is a very sedate reaction and I don't know if I should be impressed or disappointed.

Either way I'll be buying this game day one.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
jaundicejuice said:
When I saw the thread title I can't saw I honestly expected to find page after page of 60's spiderman image macros. This is a very sedate reaction and I don't know if I should be impressed or disappointed.

Either way I'll be buying this game day one.
Considering what happened with MGS Touch, I think a couple of people are playing it safe. I'd be excited for another ZOE game, but I've been trolled by this Kojima fellow before and I refuse to be subdued again.

jackdoe

Blablurn said:
konami playing with the feelings of the fans. will be interesting to see what is coming out of this.
At least they aren't going full on Square-Enix and releasing the games of one of their franchises on multiple platforms, keeping some exclusive to specific regions, while giving every one of those games rather large narrative importance to the overarching storyline for a potential numbered sequel that has yet to be made, which in turn forces fans to own every handheld for the past six years (and counting!) and a home console from multiple regions (or one if you mod chip it) if they want to understand who the hell that girl with the dark hair is eating that ice cream in that secret ending video (among other things).

BurntPork

Banned
Considering that it's Kojima, the "3DSupport" thing is probably the most likely thing. They'd probably wait for TGS if it were more than that.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Serenade said:
Considering what happened with MGS Touch, I think a couple of people are playing it safe. I'd be excited for another ZOE game, but I've been trolled by this Kojima fellow before and I refuse to be subdued again.
I wonder what "trolling" would be in this context. At this point, I do believe that a ZOE will be released for the 3DS*, it can be the third game, a spin-off, a remake of either PS2 games (or both if space allows it), a port of the HD collection (if space allows it), or a single straight port of one of the PS2 games. I can only consider the latter as "trolling", but for some reason it doesn't seem a likely scenario.

* Unless it's just them trying out different logo ideas just for the fuck it, but even Kojima isn't that cruel.

Alrus

BurntPork said:
Considering that it's Kojima, the "3DSupport" thing is probably the most likely thing. They'd probably wait for TGS if it were more than that.

You can't be serious. There's no way you took that remark seriously...

BurntPork said:

Haha, yeah, Kojima loves acronyms. I want a 3DS so badly but I'm trying to hold out for a redesign, I don't think I can resist if this gets announced at TGS though.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jinfash said:
I wonder what "trolling" would be in this context. At this point, I do believe that a ZOE will be released for the 3DS*, it can be the third game, a spin-off, a remake of either PS2 games (or both if space allows it), a port of the HD collection (if space allows it), or a single straight port of one of the PS2 games. I can only consider the latter as "trolling", but for some reason it doesn't seem a likely scenario.

* Unless it's just them trying out different logo ideas just for the fuck it, but even Kojima isn't that cruel.
This game could be a railshooter, a topdown-shooter, a duck hunt-esque deal like MGS Touch, or not a game at all.

And I totally think Kojima is that cruel (not that he necessarily has much to do with this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom