• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z.O.E. 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

EatChildren said:
Look at you all. You fools. Convinced this is anything more than Kojima trolling.

ZOE3DS does not exist.

Except as a visual novel.
A 3D visual novel would be compelling.

Boney

Banned
EatChildren said:
Look at you all. You fools. Convinced this is anything more than Kojima trolling.

ZOE3DS does not exist.

3vpawkk

Kinda want

Izayoi

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
And please don't tell me what I can and can't do. Thanks!
I wasn't telling you to, I was merely asking nicely.

Boney said:
You can tell me what to do
How come you never get kinky with me anymore? Where did that spark go?

brucewaynegretzky said:
Wait really?? You can't be serious.
That's twice in one thread!

EatChildren said:

ZOE3DS does not exist.

No, it's actually the new LovePlus spinoff, ZoVE+. You need to raise Anubis-chan's and Jehuty-tan's luv-luv levels to the maximum or it will be another lonely Friday night on Callisto!

Branduil said:
Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Japanese gamers, after reading this news, are not going to want to buy any of Kojima's games again, nor will they play any more of his games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire country with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel this game or you can kiss your career goodbye.
I was unaware that this was a meme. Where did it originate? Over FF13?

Lesiroth

nckillthegrimace said:
No, it's actually the new LovePlus spinoff, ZoVE+. You need to raise Anubis-chan's and Jehuty-tan's luv-luv levels to the maximum or it will be another lonely Friday night on Callisto!
10/10 Would read again.

I'd actually play that

Konami and Kojima just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about ZOE fans (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is for the COD franchise where you can become successful by being whored out to every platform. If you screw ZOE fans over you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is by making ZOE exclusive to non Nintendo platoforms.

What this means is that all ZOE fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase ZOE 3DS, nor will they purchase any of Konami or Kojima games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel ZOE for 3DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
AbsoluteZero said:
Wait a minute, does that poster behind him say "Assassin's Solid"?

Wat.
Some weird cross-promotion with Snake having Altair's cloak.

Edit: LovingSteam went for the 3rd Strike!

M3d10n

Why does it have to either be a port of the first game or ZOE 3, FFS? The ZOE universe has enough lore for lots of games in the same universe. See Fist of Mars and the animes. It might not even be a shooter (I could really use more 3DS SRPGs, thank you very much).

Also, this makes sense: Konami avoided the ZOE franchise for years in fear it wouldn't sell. They're trying the waters with the HD remakes, which are the cheapest way to test franchise viability on HD consoles without betting the farm. The same applies to Vita, where the graphical expectation is very high. A 3DS spinoff/remake/sequel/whatever is a good way to capitalize on franchise momentum, since Konami hadn't had much luck with their original DS IPs of late and Nintendo is transitioning all DS devs towards 3DS.

Branduil

LovingSteam said:
Konami and Kojima just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about ZOE fans (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is for the COD franchise where you can become successful by being whored out to every platform. If you screw ZOE fans over you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is by making ZOE exclusive to non Nintendo platoforms.

What this means is that all ZOE fans, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase ZOE 3DS, nor will they purchase any of Konami or Kojima games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel ZOE for 3DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Repeating jokes already done on the previous page as usual.

nckillthegrimace said:

WTF are you on?!

Everyone knows it's Jehuty and Leo Stenbuck. Their affection for each other is undeniable. Yes, I know Leo is a human and Jehuty is a giant mechanical she-beast of a badass mech, but love prevail all! The goal is to somehow make it work.

Also, lulz at all the fans whining about the game being on a handheld. Maybe if you complain enough, you can wind up like Mega Man Legends fans and not get the game at all.

Although, now that I think of it, I wouldn't at all mind at this point if MGS3D were cancelled.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
gatotsu911 said:
Also, lulz at all the fans whining about the game being on a handheld. Maybe if you complain enough, you can wind up like Mega Man Legends fans and not get the game at all.

Although, now that I think of it, I wouldn't at all mind at this point if MGS3D were cancelled.
There are people that are happy Legends 3 was canceled. And because of its platform.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
hardcastle_mccormick said:
Was it actually serious? Hell, I'm a junior and I always thought it was a joke, even the original.
Oh there was a huge outrage over FF13 going multi-plat, it was most certainly real.

Ra1den

It's pretty crazy how close the flipped logo is to the 3ds logo. I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima took up this project for that reason alone. He loves stuff like that.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
rvy said:
Wasn't it an otaku with glasses that posted a video on YouTube that started the meme? That's how I remember it anyway.
I'm pretty sure that guy was reading out the Gaf post.

Dali

gatotsu911 said:

Well, unlike the DQ series Zoe2 was a graphical showpiece. It remains one of the best-looking PS2 games out there. Looking amazing is as much a part of the game as frenetic mech action. I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed that, after years of waiting, the follow-up may not reach the same lofty standards as the other games in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom