• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z.O.E. 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made my way through the thread and man, people are salty all get out haha. I'm just excited about he possibility of a sequel.
UnluckyKate said:
Kojima just declared war to his entire fanbase.
Maybe his fanbase needs to buy the 3DS like the Japanese who love handhelds.

:3

AleeN634 said:
Wow, if it turns out to be real it'll be a huge coup for the 3DS. Could be that Kojima is willing to try something with the HD collection coming.
I don't know if I could call it a big coup.

What kind of coup would securing a title that's last entry sold 16,000 units in America be?

Boney said:
You can tell me what to do
I already do that.

I wanna boss someone new around.

*pouts*

Huff

Banned
AleeN634 said:
Wow, if it turns out to be real it'll be a huge coup for the 3DS.

Not really. It will probably sell terribly. And thus end the ZOE games forever. Not that a ZOE game would sell on any other system though.

Beaten by the monkey.

Arklite said:
Why am I buying the ZOE HD collection Konami/Kojima? Why?
Because I yearn to play in a tiny screen at low resolution with crappy speakers?
For fucks sake.

Isnt the ZOE HD collection also coming out on PS3/360 and playable on your giant plasma and surround sound?

Izayoi said:
If the system has games you want to play on it, why would veer so desperately away from it? I'm not sure I understand.

It doesn't have games I want to play. Currently it has one rumored title, a Z.O.E. game, that I want to play.

Now I am a huge fan of the Z.O.E franchise, and I will play any new installment of the series. I am, however, a huge cheapskate, and would prefer to own as few platforms as possible. In a perfect world everything would be released on the pc. Unfortunately its not a perfect world.

Also I don't enjoy playing on handhelds. It's just something I don't enjoy, etc etc.

My reasons are trivial, but what isn't in this world?

Branduil

UnluckyKate said:
Kojima just declared war to his entire fanbase.
Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Japanese gamers, after reading this news, are not going to want to buy any of Kojima's games again, nor will they play any more of his games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire country with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel this game or you can kiss your career goodbye.

Yagharek

Awesome news. Completely unexpected of course.

3DS is building up quite the tidy library now. Or at least games coming soon.

Now all we need is a castlevania and monster hunter announcements, but I'm not sure yet if they'll happen. Fingers crossed.

Arklite

SpaceBridge said:
Isnt the ZOE HD collection also coming out on PS3/360 and playable on your giant plasma and surround sound?
Yeah, that's exactly my point. I wanted an HD sequel, not this.

Branduil said:

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Japanese gamers, after reading this news, are not going to want to buy any of Kojima's games again, nor will they play any more of his games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire country with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel this game or you can kiss your career goodbye.

Wait really?? You can't be serious.

AleeN634

Thunder Monkey said:
What kind of coup would securing a title that's last entry sold 16,000 units in America be?

Whoa didn't know that the last one sold that poorly. Given how fondly people tended to talk about it.

Takao

Banned
Branduil said:

Even if you were serious, most of Kojima's games sell better in the west than Japan, so he doesn't give a fuck.

Doomrider

Branduil said:

Oh look, more junior bait =P

weeaboo

Branduil said:

Thank god, now this thread is complete :3

Huff

Banned
Branduil said:

A Z.O.E. has been on a Nintendo handheld before. MGS has gone multiplat. I don't think not being exclusive to a system means being an asshole anymore.

Not an expert on Japanese culture here.

Edit: so I was played?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Look at you all. You fools. Convinced this is anything more than Kojima trolling.

ZOE3DS does not exist.

Except as a visual novel.

AleeN634 said:
Whoa didn't know that the last one sold that poorly. Given how fondly people tended to talk about it.

Love the game, but yeah. It simply isn't a number mover. The simple idea that they didn't ditch the IP has me all kinds of excited. So glad about the HD collection actually existing beyond my wild dreams.

Beth Cyra

Branduil said:

Haha, it's to the point I can't remember if the was originally made in jest or if the guy was serious. It's scary to think he might have been serious.

EatChildren said:
Look at you all. You fools. Convinced this is anything more than Kojima trolling.

ZOE3DS does not exist.

No. A 3D video of Kojima saying "Did you rike it?"

AleeN634 said:
I freaking loved the second.

Hell I enjoyed the first... but without a MGS2 demo the second was doomed to failure.

LowParry

EatChildren said:

ZOE3DS does not exist.

Imagin if we get a MGS style comic on the 3DS :D

Thunder Monkey said:
I don't know if I could call it a big coup.

I already do that.

I wanna boss someone new around.

*pouts*

Boss me around then!

EatChildren said:

ZOE3DS does not exist.

Ooooh! I would play that! I didn't even play any of the other ZoE games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom