• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z.O.E. 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

Jinfash said:
So he's either trolling/teasing, or hinting that he won't be overseeing it(?).
Would be even more exciting if this was the case. Haven't been the biggest fan of Kojima's games lately, so handing off ZOE to someone else would make me just that more pumped to pick this up.

Takao

Banned
They see Kojima trolling, they hating, Konami ain't gonna give them money for a new ZOE game without seeing how the HD collection sells.

Izayoi

Banned
SneakyStephan said:
just a handheld version
Oh come on.

markot said:
It would be pretty awesome in 3d with all the crap flying all over the place >.>!
Yes. I look forward to it.

Chrysalis said:
I don't think it should be any surprise that some people are a bit worried. Z.O.E. 2 was a gorgeous game for its time- and while the gameplay is great, the visual fidelity was a part of the series appeal. People who have been waiting for a sequel have been salivating over what it might look like in hd or close-to hd resolution. The Wii-U, PS3, 360, and even the Vita would offer enough to satisfy these fans because they all represent a full generational advance in graphics. The 3DS, while a generous advance over the DS, delivers (at present) visuals that are still closer to the past generation of home consoles than the current generation. Would a 3DS ZOE be fun? Probably. And I certainly intend to buy a 3DS once PW and Layton show up on the system. But a 3DS ZOE wouldn't play to the visual strengths that the series is known for.
Is it weird that I'm just happy that a new one might be getting made at all? Platform doesn't really matter, it's just the fact that it's happening that gets me excited.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I trusted the 3DS to get a couple games worth it's pricetag, now I am happy.

Easy_D said:
Have you played the Revelations demo?

You say the 3DS has 2002/Sub-PS2 graphics. And that it has no analog. I dunno, in my opinion it has pretty great graphics for some titles.

Edit: Because I thought it controlled exactly like RE4 did.
I didn't say it didn't have an analog. I said it has 1, which has been a problem with the last two Kojima PSP games and would be a problem with a ZOE based on 1 and 2. And no I think the graphics are firmly in the Xbox/PS2 gen, going by the games I've seen. I didn't wait this long for the next ZoE to look like it came from that gen. That is disappointing.

Yes I played the Revelations demo and it did nothing for me what so ever.

But whatever. I'll have to buy this system now for these test that Konami is doing.

Would Kojima actually troll with something like this? Am I the only one assuming that now that this picture has surfaced, it's only a matter of time? I dunno. Maybe I'm stupidly naive/hopeful.

mickcenary said:
Would Kojima actually troll with something like this? Am I the only one assuming that now that this picture has surfaced, it's only a matter of time? I dunno. Maybe I'm stupidly naive/hopeful.
sdatcher.

Huff

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
Wait, why exactly is MGS3DS shit? Everything I've read says it's a port of the PS2 game to the 3DS, which is exactly what I wanted considering I've never owned a PS2.

I'm just going by the press that the 3DS version of the game is worse than the the PS2 version with controls that don't work well. Especially with the HD version coming out, they have sent this game out to die.

BroHuffman said:
I'm just going by the press that the 3DS version of the game is worse than the the PS2 version with controls that don't work well. Especially with the HD version coming out, they have sent this game out to die.
And it looks like they budgeted accordingly.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Rahxephon91 said:
I didn't say it didn't have an analog. I said it has 1, which has been a problem with the last two Kojima PSP games and would be a problem with a ZOE based on 1 and 2. And no I think the graphics are firmly in the Xbox/PS2 gen, going by the games I've seen. I didn't wait this long for the next ZoE to look like it came from that gen. That is disappointing.

Yes I played the Revelations demo and it did nothing for me what so ever.
Fair enough! I may have been to quick to label you as a hater, I apologize for that :). You're obviously entitled to your opinion.

Takao

Banned
mickcenary said:

Did you miss the carnival of stupid that was Metal Gear Solid Touch or Sdnatcher? Yes, Kojima would troll with this.

ZOE Collection is supposed to transfarr with Vita, so why would they go with 3DS for a new ZOE game?

SykoTech

MeBecomingI said:
What the hell is going on in here? This entire thread is madness!

Although I can say I would be very, very disappointed if this was a hint that the new Z.O.E was coming to... 3DS. Like someone said earlier; wasted potential.

1. People rage over possibility of console game getting a handheld sequel and think it will suck.
2. Fanboys say "u mad" and instantly deem them as being anti-Nintendo just because of their disappointment.

And whatever this is hasn't even been properly announced.

Welcome to the Carnival of Stupid, enjoy your stay.

SpaceBridge said:
Im okay with ZOE on 3DS. But hasnt Kojima implied that both MGS and ZOE collections will be playable on Vita?

SHHHHH!!!!! Why can't people sit back and enjoy the show nowadays.

This thread has had me in stitches.

Funny stuff.

SneakyStephan said:
Nothing anti nintendo about it, if you wait so many years for a possible sequel then you are allowed to be dissapointed when it's just a handheld version.

Indeed. I don't mind handhelds getting their own version but you kinda hope a full blown sequel gets the HD console treatment. Lack of VC sequel for PS3 (why sega why?) and evil capcom for not making Monster hunter for the HD consoles.

So to be clear then:

3DS gets (potential) ZOE 3, and MGS3 port in 3D vs Vita which may get MGS2 and 3 HD port and ZOE1 and 2 HD port via transfarring? Im so confused. Im just gonna own both portable sand have my bases covered.

SykoTech said:
1. People rage over possibility of console game getting a handheld sequel and think it will suck.
2. Fanboys say "u mad" and instantly deem them as being anti-Nintendo just because of their disappointment.

And whatever this is hasn't even been properly announced.

Welcome to the Carnival of Stupid, enjoy your stay.
I've been to better carnivals.

Me and Rez naked riding elephants, hallucinogenics coursing through our veins.

Izayoi

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
They really do give you a little kick don't they?
The warm fuzziness lasts for days.

Rahxephon91 said:
I'll have to buy this system now for these test that Konami is doing.
What, so you can bitch and whine the entire time, and constantly state how disappointed you are? Please don't. :(

mickcenary said:
Kojima would definitely troll with something like this.

Kaako said:
This news does nothing for me.
Why not? I am interested in knowing the reasons behind your apathy.

Huff

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
And it looks like they budgeted accordingly.

I'm not quite sure what I'm arguing about anymore.

I just bought a 3DS. I want good games for the 3DS. I don't expect Konami to bring these good games.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The M.O.B said:
At Gamescom? No
The timing is peculiar, he can't just drop bombs about a new ZOE and Boktai then stay mum for much longer, can he? (that's a rhetorical, because knowing him, he will)

BroHuffman said:
I'm not quite sure what I'm arguing about anymore.

I just bought a 3DS. I want good games for the 3DS. I don't expect Konami to bring these good games.
Yeah, sorry man.

I just got excited that there might be a possibility that in the future the ZoE series might continue.

Ugh... now I'm going to have to convince a friend to buy a 3DS/befriend someone with a 3DS and have them let me borrow it...a lot...

Or hopefully someone gets a 3DS Emulator going and I can just buy the cart in order to support Konami.

Is it obvious enough that I don't want to purchase a 3DS, but really want to play a new Z.O.E. game?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
EatChildren said:
Clearly this means that Metal Gear Solid Rising has been cancelled, and Hideo Kojima and Hideki Kamiya made the joint decision to reboot the project as Zone of Enders 3 Prologue Part 1 for the 3DS eShop.
Fixed.
Linkzg said:
completely random question, but is the ZoE collection supposed to retain the multiplayer from ZoE2? or better, make it online?
No one knows anything about it.
Jinfash said:
The timing is peculiar, he can't just drop bombs about a new ZOE and Boktai then stay mum for much longer, can he? (that's a rhetorical, because knowing him, he will)
TGS isn't so far away.

Huff

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
Yeah, sorry man.

I just got excited that there might be a possible that in the future the ZoE series might continue.

I'm so fucking hyped for the HD collection. But that's all it seems that they are doing right nowadays. Giving us their good old games again.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was an port of the GBA game. LOL.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thunder Monkey said:
Yeah, sorry man.

I just got excited that there might be a possibility that in the future the ZoE series might continue.

Of course it will continue.

As a radio drama communicated entirely in audio binary.

BroHuffman said:
I'm so fucking hyped for the HD collection. But that's all it seems that they are doing right nowadays. Giving us their good old games again.
Out of it I get to play MGS3, SH3, and HD ZoE.

So they're on pretty good grounds with me right now.

EatChildren said:
Of course it will continue.

As a radio drama communicated entirely in audio binary.
That was damn cold man.

I think this could be good.

The 3DS controls just fine. The Revelations demo controls flawlessly and looks better than PS2 games. The analog stick is better than I expected. I don't see what the concern is about. (Well, I do, it's called delusional fanboy claims, but anyway)

Izayoi

Banned
SpaceBridge said:
Im just gonna own both portable sand have my bases covered.
That is far too logical and level-headed for this forum. Get out with that shit.

Gunmonkey36 said:
Is it obvious enough that I don't want to purchase a 3DS, but really want to play a new Z.O.E. game?
If the system has games you want to play on it, why would veer so desperately away from it? I'm not sure I understand.

UnluckyKate said:
Kojima just declared war to his entire fanbase.
What? No he didn't.

Izayoi said:
The warm fuzziness lasts for days.

What, so you can bitch and whine the entire time, and constantly state how disappointed you are? Please don't. :(
Yes. I call it informed hate. When I play it, I'll know what exactly to hate and why. But at least when we don't get a real ZoE3 it won't be my fault as I was there with my money.

And please don't tell me what I can and can't do. Thanks!

Rahxephon91 said:
Yes. I call it informed hate. When I play it, I'll know what exactly to hate and why. But at least when we don't get a real ZoE3 it won't be my fault as I was there with my money.

And please don't tell me what I can and can't do. Thanks!
Can I tell you what to do?

Arklite

Why am I buying the ZOE HD collection Konami/Kojima? Why?
Because I yearn to play in a tiny screen at low resolution with crappy speakers?
For fucks sake.

AleeN634

Wow, if it turns out to be real it'll be a huge coup for the 3DS. Could be that Kojima is willing to try something with the HD collection coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom