• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2011 (Aug 15 - Aug 21)

wrowa

Chris1964 said:
According to inside-games.jp the new version of Wii which is currently announced only for Europe will cost less than £80, meaning which is something close to ¥10000 yen. The source given is anonymous person from MCV.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2011/08/29/51179.html

inside-games is a serious site by the way.
That article is based on an article by MCV, not on an anonymous person from MCV. It was already discussed around here.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Vinnk said:
"Vinnk's Village" report for August 29th, 2011

1. Wow, I go away for a year and everything goes crazy. (Wii tanks, PSP remains, 3DS.. who knows?)

2. The 3DS is not supply constrained at any store in my town (though I only went to 3 this week)

3. My students are finally starting to talk about the 3DS more than the DS. If you are 9 years old it is no longer cool to be seen with your DS LL. 3DS is now the new hotness.

3.5. Unless you are 13, then you better have a PSP.

4. I am seeing more and more adults on the train playing games on their iPads. I have seen Chaos RIngs being played once. Monster Hunter Dynamic Slash a few time and "Cut The Rope" several time.

5. The bargain bin of one of the stores in my town has had 3 copies of Captain Rainbow for about 2 years now. Today I decided to buy them before the covers get all sun damaged. They deserve better than that. So add 3 copies of Captain Rainbow to whatever number you had on file.

Missed you guys.

...WELCOME BACK!
Another piece of old Japan Sales Age is back!
Perfect.

And VERY good about 3DS talks between children... the price cut is effective also in your hometown!

:lol @ Captain Rainbow's copies

jesusraz

Vinnk said:
5. The bargain bin of one of the stores in my town has had 3 copies of Captain Rainbow for about 2 years now. Today I decided to buy them before the covers get all sun damaged. They deserve better than that. So add 3 copies of Captain Rainbow to whatever number you had on file.
I still don't understand why Nintendo blocked Rising Star from bringing Captain Rainbow to Europe...

Alrus

jesusraz said:
I still don't understand why Nintendo blocked Rising Star from bringing Captain Rainbow to Europe...

They did? I never heard of that story :( Guess it's because of the Birdo dildo joke.

extralite

jesusraz said:
There's a LOT of sexual tension between Tracy and that samurai guy. She even asks him to kiss her boots at one point. Catherine's vibrator isn't the raunchiest bit by far.

jesusraz said:
Because it features "core" Nintendo IPs. The key with licensing for Nintendo is to go for the less central properties. That's how Atlus USA succeeded in getting Cubivore and Polarium Advance, but were denied when they asked about Mother 3.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
wrowa said:
That article is based on an article by MCV, not on an anonymous person from MCV. It was already discussed around here.
I blame vacations' remaining effect and broken search.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
You know things are going to get good when Vinnk makes his triumphant return.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Regarding MHP3HD and low reviews: Capcom was forced to make an announcement for the loss of saves

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/P3rd/HD/index.html#topic

8e862463-s.png

Lol, Vinnk buying 3 copies of Captain Rainbow out of a bargain bin to prevent them from getting sun damaged. That's priceless!

Also, I'm glad Vinnk's village is back. I always like those anecdotal tidbits.

Osuwari

vinnk being back makes the thread feel like the early DS/PSP days when we got weekly reports.
captain rainbow could fetch a high price someday. you never know!!

Osuwari said:
vinnk being back makes the thread feel like the early DS/PSP days when we got weekly reports.
captain rainbow could fetch a high price someday. you never know!!

hope next year there will still be few copies available since I've always wanted to give it a try!
And welcome back to Vinnk!

Gaspode_T

Or in other words "To those guys complaining, RTFM (and here are the links)", it's not like they randomly decided to talk about instruction manual stuff on their page for no reason.

It's hard to tell if there is a real issue here to me because I haven't played the game yet, if anything the one issue that sounded real to me was the fact that people with 20GB PS3s cannot play HD and sync with PSP because it requires wireless.

Viink - I don't deal with children at all in my daily life, two things I'm curious about, do you see the children listening/ interested in akb48, do any of them own smart phones?

duckroll said:
What are you talking about? There's no announcement or statement there. It's just "hey guys if you want to know how to transfer saves and use adhoc party, here are links to the instructions on Sony's site."

Not according to the 2-ch aggregate blogs! Good fun!
I love the fact they posted up a news story yesterday about BK3 being developed, with the NEOGAF FAKE FAKE being the source

Vinnk

Thank you all for the messages I'm surprised you guys remember me. And in a positive light...

The wife is doing well and the kid just turned 2. She isn't quite up to gaming yet, but I can tell she is interested. Now I have to decide if I want her to waste her life on the stuff..

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Viink - I don't deal with children at all in my daily life, two things I'm curious about, do you see the children listening/ interested in akb48, do any of them own smart phones?

AKB48 is pretty popular with elementary/early junior high school girls and with high school boys. Like Morning Musume before them they have a few songs that everyone knows (Aitakatta! and Heavy Rotation) but few adults will actually admit to liking them.

In my town very few kids younger than high school age own cell phones at all but when they do get them maybe about 10-15% are smartphones (mostly iPhones). Among adults the rate is higher maybe 20-25% and that is a mix of iphone and Andriod (haven't seen a Windows Phone yet, but I know they have them) Kids often go for the Softbank iPhone because of the "White Plan" ($10 a month for unlimited calls to family and mostly unlimited calls to other white plan users [there is a small block of time that costs money]) But for iOS usage I would say there are far more iPod touch users than iPhone users. But this is just anecdotal.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
duckroll said:
What are you talking about? There's no announcement or statement there. It's just "hey guys if you want to know how to transfer saves and use adhoc party, here are links to the instructions on Sony's site."
Um yes, so basically "if you don't want to lose your saves follow the instructions". The game came out at 25, this was posted at Capcom's site at 29.

duckroll

Chris1964 said:
Um yes, so basically "if you don't want to lose your saves follow the instructions". The game came out at 25, this was posted at Capcom's site at 29.

Well you made it sound like Capcom was forced to make some apology or something, which is not the case at all.

Spiegel

Shipment estimations from azalyn

9/1
PSP - Grand Knights Story - 80k
3DS - Devil Survivor Overclocked - 50k

9/8
PS3 - Tales of Xilia - 500k
360 - Resident Evil Revival Selection - 20k
PS3 - Resident Evil Revival Selection - 80k

9/15
Wii - Dragon Quest Collection - 250k

9/22
PS3 - Dark Souls - 250k
PS3 - ICO/SotC Limited Box - 100k
PS3 - To Heart 2 DX Plus - 70k
PSP - Busou Shinki Battle Masters MK2 - 50k
3DS - Senran Kagura - 60k
360 - Gears of War 3 - 50k

9/29
PS3 - Shin Sangoku Musou 6 (expansion) - 150k
PSP - Photo Kano - 70k
PSP - Legend of Heroes - Ao no Kiseki - 200k

A Black Falcon said:
2000, not 2001, I'm pretty sure. The US release was in fall '99, the Japanese release early the next year...
You're right! It was also a Nintendo Power (kiosk) only release, so no dedicated JP carts exist for it.

Alrus said:
How do Vanillaware rpgs usually sell?
Looking at Garaph, Muramasa did around 75k, Odin Sphere around 95k, GrimGrimoire around 35k. Dunno what Princess Crown did originally, more than 100k I think but not sure.

Dragon

Banned
500k for Tales PS3? Is it going to come close to selling out its first shipment if that number is correct? I mean from what I remember about Vesperia it sold around ~350k total right?

Rolf NB

TheBranca18 said:
500k for Tales PS3? Is it going to come close to selling out its first shipment if that number is correct? I mean from what I remember about Vesperia it sold around ~350k total right?
204k Xbox 360 version, 383k PS3 version
There was a 13-month delay between the two releases. Assuming a repeat performance where the PS3 release can gobble up most of the Xbox sales potential, 500k seems reasonable. Maybe even conservative. But it's a first shipment, and only an estimate after all.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
TheBranca18 said:
Shipments given from Bandai are

Vesperia: 360 - 210K / PS3 - 420K
Graces: WII 220K / PS3 - 345K

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TheBranca18 said:
Namco is hoping for some notable growth here in terms of a non-re-released title, but consumer excitement seems to suggest it might actually happen.

Dragon

Banned
Okay thanks guys. I saw that number and was just totally surprised, didn't know Tales had that kind of selling power.

Spiegel said:
Shipment estimations from azalyn

9/1
PSP - Grand Knights Story - 80k
3DS - Devil Survivor Overclocked - 50k

9/8
PS3 - Tales of Xilia - 500k
360 - Resident Evil Revival Selection - 20k
PS3 - Resident Evil Revival Selection - 80k

9/15
Wii - Dragon Quest Collection - 250k

9/22
PS3 - Dark Souls - 250k
PS3 - ICO/SotC Limited Box - 100k
PS3 - To Heart 2 DX Plus - 70k
PSP - Busou Shinki Battle Masters MK2 - 50k
3DS - Senran Kagura - 60k
360 - Gears of War 3 - 50k

9/29
PS3 - Shin Sangoku Musou 6 (expansion) - 150k
PSP - Photo Kano - 70k
PSP - Legend of Heroes - Ao no Kiseki - 200k

Hope the Vanillaware title won't be overshipped, it's on PSP but usually they don't sell so good; and I do think Dragon Quest Collection will be supply constrained.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
electroplankton said:
Hope the Vanillaware title won't be overshipped, it's on PSP but usually they don't sell so good; and I do think Dragon Quest Collection will be supply constrained.
Haven't followed the DQC at all, are those just rom dumps of I,II and III?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dash Kappei said:
Haven't followed the DQC at all, are those just rom dumps of I,II and III?

DQ I, DQ II, DQ III Famicom ROM dumps
DQ I, DQ II, DQ III Super Famicom ROM dumps
WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE DRAGON QUEST X FOOTAGE

4400 yen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Chris1964 said:
The real challenge for this video is who will manage to post it first at youtube before the game starts being sold.

I'd say:
50% chance Japanese employee or store owner who gets game early
40% chance someone from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan
10% chance someone from the rest of South-East Asia.

Sennorin

Banned
I wonder what that footage is going to be like. You´d think SE would prefer to show off the first look at their big game at some special event.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sennorin said:
I wonder what that footage is going to be like. You´d think SE would prefer to show off the first look at their big game at some special event.

3-4 Minute Trailer just like the first DQ8 footage.

Sennorin said:

Nintendo's conference is two days before the collection ships. Granted, it's supposed to be 3DS-focused, but I think they'd make an exception for DQX.

There could also be some SE press event next week that we don't know about.

Alrus

Sennorin said:

They prefer using it as a selling point for they collection I'd say. I guess a demo would have sold much more copies though :p

Father_Brain said:
Nintendo's conference is two days before the collection ships. Granted, it's supposed to be 3DS-focused, but I think they'd make an exception for DQX.

DQX transfarring

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Father_Brain said:

I think we'll see DQX footage at the conference, even if it is about 3DS
Just like last year we had some Wii announcements at the Fall Conference.

Top Bottom