• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

bought the EU limited edition today and almost finished it, seems like this time around ND opted for more adventure and less gunfights with combat focused on melee, not complaining, we have 3 Uncharted games and they need to be and play different from each other. Its a brilliant game with a technical presentation and performance unbelievable for hardware built back in 2005, this is the most close we're gonna get to next-gen graphics before PS4-NextBox arrive. Some chapters are just too good to be true, simply amazing what ND accomplished with this game, lighting, polygon count, animation, textures/detail, framerate, animation, art and music direction... just superb GOTY material, but then again we have Dark Souls...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
madmackem said:
Its not drake 3 day till tomorrow here in the uk, fuck you uk fuck you in your ass.
You do know that tomorrow is coming sooner for you than us in North America? :p

Edit: oh I see.. It's coming out on the 2nd there :p

Ha ha! /Nelson

jackb2424

Banned
Im only up to Chapter 6 and I am literally blown away. Im just speechless at what I just played. This is hands down the best looking video game I have ever laid eyes on and not to mention its just so freakin fun to play. I love the story so far, the tone, and mood of the game is just what I wanted. So far this game just simply amazes me. Congrats Naughty Dog this is awesome!

Kagari said:
Drake satue:

438690073.jpg

What an ugly piece of shit!

The inFAMOUS one looks great and then... we get Nothon Droke.

Zeal

Banned
To my shame, I have never bothered with the Uncharted series b/c it just didn't really seem like my type of game. That being said, I am really thinking of going to Walmart right now to grab this. If I do, will I be completely lost in terms of story and characters?

Zeal said:
To my shame, I have never bothered with the Uncharted series b/c it just didn't really seem like my type of game. That being said, I am really thinking of going to Walmart right now to grab this. If I do, will I be completely lost in terms of story and characters?

Only the characters. Each game is a self-contained story in a continuing world. Think Indiana Jones.

Loudninja

Zeal said:
I think so the characters are fantastic and you be missing out on their unique personalities as well.

The story for all 3 games is different though but you missed the backstory on the characters.

BocoDragon

No time for bitches.

Just chillin back in my crib, playin some of dem DRAKES.

Zeal said:

Personally, I'd try UC1 and UC2 first (they're selling a double pack!)

But if you don't want to, I don't think UC3 will unfriendly to new players. You shouldn't have a problem, though you might miss out on character development and stuff from the previous two games.

I'd recommend playing them first.

Ricky_R

Zeal said:

Play all games! is always my recommendation. Like many have already said, the characters are great and it's a shame to play the third without getting to know them since Uncharted 1 IMO.

Ricky_R said:
Play all games! is always my recommendation. Like many have already said, the characters are great and it's a shame to play the third without getting to know them since Uncharted 1 IMO.

Yeah, I think this is one of those series where there's actually important character development. He'd get more appreciation if he started from the beginning, especially as the games get better and he might not enjoy it as much if he plays UC3 and then goes back.

Ricky_R

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Yeah, I think this is one of those series where there's actually important character development. He'd get more appreciation if he started from the beginning, especially as the games get better and he might not enjoy it as much if he plays UC3 and then goes back.

Exactly... and Goddrakesit, I'm still a lot of hours away from playing the game.

Lingitiz

DevelopmentArrested said:
Wow MP is pretty awesome. Much better than beta
Any specifics? How's the stopping power, and is recoil reduced? What about the game speed? Are people still running and gunning?

jett

D-Member
Loudninja said:
Motion blur is in the game

http://twitter.com/#!/Naughty_Dog/status/131259758798835712

Complete bullshit. It's not. Naughty Dog just fucking LYING here. LYING through their dirty LYING teeth.

LYING.

whoever is in charge of that account probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Haha, sorry...I didn't read the thread while I was there or else I would have. The Gamestop guys did take photo of the people who showed up in the midnight release. They were also giving away those boxes that were in display to anyone who wanted them. I didn't get one since I couldn't see any use for it, but it was neat. Guy who was dressed as Drake was very awesome. About 5 other people also showed up so total would have been about 30 people who attended.

Charted get!

nk0GH.jpg

...along with that terrible poster lol.

Time to play this bad boy! :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Holy fuck at the graphics. My eyes burn from the amazing... the jungle looks so much better than previous games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jett said:
Complete bullshit. It's not. Naughty Dog just fucking LYING here. LYING through their dirty LYING teeth.

LYING.

whoever is in charge of that account probably doesn't know what he's talking about

arne? lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jett said:

LYING.

Not necessarily. Didn't you (or somebody else :p) say it's present in MP yet lacking in SP?

iLLmAtlc

Nah guys in the Subway experience at least the time counter resets after 24 hours (every 24 hours I assume). Maybe it's the same for the real game.

jett

D-Member
Online time stats are prone to screw up, it's a ND tradition. The timer on my UC2 profile is something like -77 million hours. Yes, minus.

JaseC said:
Not necessarily. Didn't you (or somebody else :p) say it's present in MP yet lacking in SP?

I meant it was implemented in the summer beta, multiplayer right now doesn't have motion blur either, I don't think. I know for sure single-player does not have it, I replayed a bit of Uncharted 2 today and you can easily see it there.

DigiMish

DevelopmentArrested said:
Playing against an entire team of rank 40s is just AWESOME
Especially when one guy has played for 5 hours and has 5000 kills. Hackers or what

There's a bug in the Subway BETA where it resets your time played, but still keeps all your kills/deaths. I know because my friend ran into it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Played up to chapter 9 and I must say I'm pretty impressed. Love how they fleshed out Nate & Sully's relationship. In general the game's full of great character moments and team banter. This, along with the larger presence of traversal, exploration and puzzles are the elements I'm liking most so far.

One thing I don't like is how weird the aiming seems to be in this game. I tried messing with the sensitivity, but so far it seems I can't aim for shit here. Don't know if anyone else has issues with this. I'm surprised since the other games, especially U2, had aiming smooth as butter. Here? Oh boy.

BocoDragon

Creamium said:
Played up to chapter 9 and I must say I'm pretty impressed. Love how they fleshed out Nate & Sully's relationship.
I haven't played the game yet, so don't go into details.... but I get the impression it's a really good thing that David O Russel's vision of the Uncharted movie was canned. Sully as Drake's father? No. Wrong. Fail.

jett

D-Member
JaseC said:
Yeah, I found your post and was editing mine when my bloody useless PC decided to BSOD.

It annoys me that ND keeps insisting that there's motion blur in the game. Maybe they have a special UC3 build in their office with that implemented. :p Reminds me of arne being confused about people complaining that you can't sign in a second account for splitscreen multiplayer in the subway beta, when according to him they can do that in the build they have at ND.

BTW, you can't sign in a second account in the retail game either. :p

Top Bottom