• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

mrklaw

MrArseFace
btw, not that we have 2 Vita store region up (Asia and Japan) how's the step by step direction to switch account to play games from different region, or if there's any possibility for playing dlc from different region etc.

what about the 2 mem card for each region thing etc

same as it was before, only now you can access the other store.

(assuming you're set up and logged into Japan PSN store):
- settings/format/restore PS vita system
- say yes to most things, but say no to 'format memory card'
- vita restarts
- go through setup and enter details of HK PSN account
- vita boots up
- go to PSN store and you're in the HK one

you can only play downloaded games when you're logged in with the same account as you used to buy them. Some demos work across regions but many don't. Physical games will work with any account, but once you start playing under account A, you won't earn trophies if you start playing under account B.

Furoba

Just got Wipeout 2048 today. But then I realized I forgot my charger at home, 10.000km away... :( Oh well, 2 hours of battery left :p

Question: Will taking snapshots of gameplay only belimited to Sony 1st-Party VITA games, or will it work with all VITA-compatible games, including downloaded PSP games?

goonergaz

same as it was before, only now you can access the other store.

(assuming you're set up and logged into Japan PSN store):
- settings/format/restore PS vita system
- say yes to most things, but say no to 'format memory card'
- vita restarts
- go through setup and enter details of HK PSN account
- vita boots up
- go to PSN store and you're in the HK one

you can only play downloaded games when you're logged in with the same account as you used to buy them. Some demos work across regions but many don't. Physical games will work with any account, but once you start playing under account A, you won't earn trophies if you start playing under account B.

So let me get this straight...I have 4 kids of which all would like to play meaning 5 users.

Anything I bought on PSN that works on Vita will only work on my account so they won't be able to play them at all (unless I let them screw up my trophies/saves)?
Any memcard titles will work on any account but only the first user gets trophies? How will that work for selling games on?

One last Q, is there a way I would have 2 cards - both with my account - one that updates trophies and one that doesn't (ie I use the trophy working card and they share a card that won't update my trophy count - maybe by making sure the vita is always offline when they play it?)

Thanks in advance :)

newsguy

We're only a month and 2 days away! I'm getting

Wi fi Vita
8 gig card
Travel case
Fifa
Uncharted
HSG (via psn)

Ironically, the game I played most on psp was Lumines, but I know that I will find deals for it soon enough and HSG will keep me way busy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I switched accounts to download the Wipeout demo, and I just switched back again. But now the games on the memory card aren't showing up.

When I reset, I had to choose 'set up later' for PSN account, as I wasn't near a wifi hotspot. But then it said 'your memory card is set up for mrklawJPN - is this your account?'. I said no as I was going to log into my usual US account. But now nothing will show up. what can I do? Tried removing it and reinserting it but nothing.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
mrklaw said:
But now nothing will show up. what can I do? Tried removing it and reinserting it but nothing.
Reset again when you're near a wifi hotspot, I don't know of any other way to get the card to switch-accounts.

Peterthumpa

I thinking about getting a japanese version today.

Do you guys think that buttons X and O will be swapped even by using English / USA PSN as default?

Purexed

Banned
I thinking about getting a japanese version today.

Do you guys think that buttons X and O will be swapped even by using English / USA PSN as default?

The menus are completely controlled with touch screen. Your question may come into play if they do a system update allowing UI navigation using the sticks and buttons. That's one of my few qualms with the current interface.

MarkusRJR

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita but I'm curious if it's possible to change your PSN username? I was really drunk with some friends when I made mine and it's super embarrassing looking back at it. I would make a new account but I have like $300 worth of PSN stuff accumulated over the past two years. I thought that I might as well change my username if I end up buying another Sony device. Is it possible?

legbone

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita but I'm curious if it's possible to change your PSN username? I was really drunk with some friends when I made mine and it's super embarrassing looking back at it. I would make a new account but I have like $300 worth of PSN stuff accumulated over the past two years. I thought that I might as well change my username if I end up buying another Sony device. Is it possible?

i have no idea about changing your username but now i really want to know what it is.

Wipeout doesn't get enough love :(

Just wait for the Western release than you guys make an OT. It does not matter even if there are like 3 people in that thread. An OT will give this attention and you guys can talk about it, and help each other in there.
You can´t change your PSN username. you can change email and password but not username.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
After looking up some WipEout history, I'm distraught.

1) Piranha is SPELT WRONG in WipEout 2048. It's Piranha, not Pirhana.
2) The Piranha team was founded in 2097 so shouldn't even be in the game. WHAT THE FUCK, SONY!?

Jumping back to GOTY 2012 Wipeout2048

Look at the scrolling text at the startline by the start line when you race at Altima...

"Mag strip safety concerns - Will Pirhana quit the sport?" - 2050

DCharlie

#DATWIPEOUT

6734091603_b5c1bded78_b.jpg

6734091467_cf0dd6e42f_b.jpg

6734090911_15042b14a9_b.jpg

6734091107_bce9221d91_b.jpg

6734090703_1b19bf1654_b.jpg

6734090857_63f9d2fde2_b.jpg

6734091225_f9b0e1da43_b.jpg

6734091419_097d52f304_b.jpg

All hail your new Liverpudlian overlords!

DCharlie

The subway track is immense.

Also the game seems to be made for fans - a good amount of track learning needed to get the regular pass - and a ton of track familiarity for Elite grades.

Soooooooooo goddamned good.

Yeah, the game is extremely good. The tracks I've seen so far are amazing. I thought Sol 2 in HD was amazing but Sol... holy crap!!!

It's a shame that playing Online is a bit of a pain in the ass, though. Don't even think about pressing the PS button, it'll disconnect you. Make sure to tap the screen at least once every minute while waiting for the room to populate, or the screen will go to sleep and... you guessed it: disconnected. You can change the sleep time for the screen in the Vita's Settings but the maximum is 5 minutes, but it takes at least that long to populate a room to 4 players (at the moment). Fortunately, once the game gets going it's smooth sailing. Had a blast in a Combat game earlier, where the 4 of us where just doing U-turns back and forth on the same 4 weapon pads. Fucking hysterical. Playing chicken with plasma bolts FTW

But yeah, I'll probably stick to singleplayer until the game is out in the States and there's more people to play with, because at the moment it takes far too long for a game to get going and I'm therefore prone to more disconnects. Maybe by then, the WipEout HD patch will be out, allowing us to do the Crossplay stuff as well.

Oh, and it seems that the game ends on the 2050 season... I'm willing to bet that the first piece of DLC will be 2051, and then maybe we'll see a WipEout 1 DLC (2052).

Top Bottom