• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of Nintendo's Wii U headliners will be another IP revival. And I'm not talking about something like Donkey Kong Country Returns, but something that has next to nothing in common with its even older and/or more obscure predecessors, like Kid Icarus. Something like Star Tropics, Wild Gunman, Teleroboxer or whatever.

Hogan's Alley might work.

the best we can hope that NCL will entertain the idea of making some import titles available through the eshop on Wii U...and then shoot the idea down 6 months later

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The idea was it wouldn't have much in common with its predecessor. Turn it into an action game where you play as an FBI agent.
Could be awesome. I'd like it to be a bit of an adventure rather than a straight shooter.
Oh man

If what I just heard was true

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE BAD MMORPGS
That rumour has been going around for a while. But if true...hahaha, oh wow.
At least it, along with DQX, will hopefully set a precedent for MMOs coming to Wii U and taking advantage of the subscreen.

I realized that actually doesn't narrow it down that much.

Whatever, supposedly SE wants to port FFXIV to Wii U depending on whether it picks up popularity on PC soon. The PS3 port is still being worked on and the Wii U version would not take much more in the way of resources.

Whatever, supposedly SE wants to port FFXIV to Wii U depending on whether it picks up popularity on PC soon. The PS3 port is still being worked on and the Wii U version would not take much more in the way of resources.

They really need to stop funneling money into that sink hole.
Just focus on making FF15 good.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Getting the relaunched FFXIV on Wii U wouldn't be so bad. It's not too surprising, given that S-E are already putting another MMO on the platform.

antonz

Yeah it kinda makes sense. Wii U will be a brand new platform with a full life ahead of it. So itf it looks like a wise choice SE will be all over it

Akai

Yeah it kinda makes sense. Wii U will be a brand new platform with a full life ahead of it. So itf it looks like a wise choice SE will be all over it

I swear if this is one of those "tests"...

"Well FFXIV flopped on Wii U, so clearly the audience don't want any Final Fantasy games..."

I think one of Nintendo's Wii U headliners will be another IP revival. And I'm not talking about something like Donkey Kong Country Returns, but something that has next to nothing in common with its even older and/or more obscure predecessors, like Kid Icarus. Something like Star Tropics, Wild Gunman, Teleroboxer or whatever.

Mach Rider.

Anth0ny

Called it!

MisterHero

Dammit

Wii U is PERFECT for Dungeon Fighter. On-screen hotkeys, Arcade-style controls with the U-Pad.

I want to play the PC version on Wii U! Make it cross-platform and not like the XBL version

However, IMO the game is currently in rough shape with the devs making silly decisions (the latest one might be regarding Town PVP). I just can't get enough of the game itself. D:

antonz

An MMO shooter could be interesting. Do we get many of those these days.

yeah but I was thinking more like a mislabeled battlefront 3. thats single player or online. Its really hard to say. I cant see them bringing TOR to it at least this early. I mean TOR plans to totally ditch the starfox space for open combat etc

Put me down for Mach Rider, Startropics, and Nazo no Murasame Jō.

And everyone tell as many people as possible to NOT buy FFIV for PC.

I also suppose it depends on how successful DQX is.

If Wii U proves to be a steady cash machine for them, then they'll probably really like the system.

Makes perfect sense, actually. As long as the online infrastructure is reasonably OK, the tablet controller makes for a great setup for these types of games.

Too bad my interest in this type of title is next to nil...

Nibel

Oh no.. I can understand why they port DQX, but nobody wants to play that clusterfuck FF14!

Along with XIII, it destroyed the FF franchise this generation; yeah, the Wii U controller is actually perfect for MMOs, but this one? Hell no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom