• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, HaloGAF. 1,200 posts in one day. No way in hell can I catch up. Did I miss any write-ups or gameplay videos in the past 24 hours?

Ryaaan14

Banned
Writing the second part of my impressions, this time being very descriptive about every piece of content I experimented with. I probably won't be able to post it until tomorrow since I'm seeing Prometheus at midnight with a couple friends.

This may end up being super long. What's the max character count for a post on GAF?
EAGER.

Das Kalk

Neo Member
We recorded a Modcast tonight (second in two days!) if anyone would care to listen. Enjoy! (also enjoy this lovely image that GrimBrotherOne decided to whip up... The teapot thing is a long story)

ScottTeapot.jpg

heckfu

Banned
Oh my god, Marty's twitter is such a douche fest.

Ok, that's a bit rude, but his constant attacking of liberals gets old really fast.

Azar

343 guys were fun on the Bombcast. Would've liked to hear more about the evolution of the series from Covenant to the new setting, but talking about that in depth would probably hit spoiler territory really quickly. Still, good stuff.

Pretty much caught the Halo fever again. Man, it would be really cool if they offered the UI option to disable the "+points" text in the middle of the screen.

I was watching an interview, and one thing I don't understand is, why they feel the need to add fiction to the MP. I mean it's not a bad thing they are doing it, I just don't get why they talk about it like it's some big problem prior to 4 that people were really upset about or like it's adding something to the game that was missing.

AusQB

I was watching an interview, and one thing I don't understand is, why they feel the need to add fiction to the MP. I mean it's not a bad thing they are doing it, I just don't get why they talk about it like it's some big problem prior to 4 that people were really upset about or like it's adding something to the game that was missing.

I don't think it's something they felt the need to do, but rather just felt like doing to create a more expansive story.

FyreWulff

I guess they felt like answering a question nobody was asking.

senador

Banned
I just went through all the Halo 4 stuff on Waypoint 360, then I downloaded the E3 reveal on the 360 and watched again. Waypoint quality is good, but actually downloading it has even better quality. Its so damn impressive!

Oh my god, Marty's twitter is such a douche fest.

Ok, that's a bit rude, but his constant attacking of liberals gets old really fast.

The Wisconsin stuff tweet got me, you've gotta be super ignorant or a crook to think what happened there is good. Thanks for the reminder, I just unfollowed him. I've lost a lot of respect for him due to his actions on Twitter.

feel

You missed awesome games today. I went 26/3 and then 30/8 on longbow, having vehicles in the mix was really fun.

Also for those interested. The Splaser charge is way longer than in Reach. Also I noticed the the beam is more of a burst than a constant stream of red. Really cool visual and sounds effects going on as well.
How were the vehicles? Halo 3 good or Reach bad?

senador

Banned
Vehicles seem easy-ish to kill based on the gameplay footage we saw and your info mastrbiggy. I hope they aren't too easy to kill.

It does. But it was like "oh, it has a story for why multi is the way it is? Interesting" and then it turns out to be this

http://i.imgur.com/kJhWv.jpg[IMG]

And then it's like, "okay"[/QUOTE]
Yeah. *shrug* Returns to the anti-text battlefield. Oh no wait, I've been up for hours working on this presentation I'm doing at work later that's going to be.. bad. God.
Someone sabe me pls.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Agreed, and it doesn't seem to be hurting anything so why not?
Not to mention I think we all know it's going to end up being incredibly significant in campaign based on the demo, and the fact that MP takes place 6 months after the campaign events.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not to mention I think we all know it's going to end up being incredibly significant in campaign based on the demo, and the fact that MP takes place 6 months after the campaign events.
Yeah, this is the part that gets my nerd boner goin.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They're adding something at no expense to any one here because they wanted to make their universe that much richer and get you "the player" that much more invested into it. It's something which people might shrug off at first but I can almost guarantee will have a resonating effect.

GhaleonEB

Guys.

Go see Prometheus. Wow. I had a blast.

Tomorrow night. Going solo to a good theater, after work. Can't wait.

It will come on the heels of a very brutal week at work (and a high-stakes presentation to very sr. management tomorrow afternoon). But after that, Prometheus, then just three days next week until sabbatical. Almost there.

I haven't seen the original alien movies (I know, shame on me) but I recognize their following. Do I need to see those to understand Prometheus? My dad wants me to go with him tomorrow.

^ Nope, not at all. The movie has a TON to take in and think about even without knowing its heritage.

I want to but I'm so tired and I was just standing in line and talking to people all day. I don't understand how someone like Frankie is still awake right now. Secrets? Must be that Halo 4 water. The label said recycled Spartan urine. Those genetic enhancements must be transmittable.

Haha sleep and see the movie well rested, take it in.

It will come on the heels of a very brutal week at work (and a high-stakes presentation to very sr. management tomorrow afternoon). But after that, Prometheus, then just three days next week until sabbatical. Almost there.

I honestly was afraid of what I would think of the movie. I was not displeased. I think you will find the movie a great way to end a brutal week.

Just wanted to say 'Hi' and can't wait for the new game! My brother and I are into the MegaBlok Halo (and soon to be released WoW) figures, and Series 5 (the newest set) just came to our local stores, and we scored us a rare translucent Spartan!

Also, bought a bunch of the other individual ones, pic below if interested...apparently the pink one is an uncommon or something too. Anyone else into these things? I ask here as I am not one to disrupt LEGOGaf's topic...and figured these were something I could discuss here.

We are also doing customs as well (mainly armor based upon our own individual coloring, armor variants, etc.) but haven't shared any yet...besides the MLP-Halo figures on that side of the board. Anyway, just wanted to show what we got, and hopefully when I get Gold again, I can play some games sometime...=p

Take care.

I've never gone to the theater solo.

I feel like it's something I need to do, for what reason I don't know.

So does HaloGAF think its fair to say (not hyperbole) that 343 was instructed by on-high to merge Halo with COD to the extent that it didn't break the game? Because it sure seems that way.

So far, I think things are looking good. That said, Im a little different as I actually wanted some of these changes, depending on context of course.

saw this scythe like weapon in the single player demo. looks pretty cool.

itfhEA4xyKOWM.jpg

probably not useable though. i really like the whole gun and sword look.

Im hoping we get some new melee weapons from these guys, they look too cool not to use.

Prothean vehicles that assemble themselves sound cool until you're in the enemy base with the flag. As the enemy team closes in, imagine you and your teammate both shuffle into a freshly spawned hog only to have an elaborate 5 second animation play out as you get melted by enemy fire.

Or, they could drive before the animation finishes, just like how you can start driving before in the hog.

Check out Mastrbiggy's E3 photo's here.

So awesome.

Damage boost power up...3sk BR, unless dude already had low shields. Wu witnessed its glory. Might be my imagination, but the Sniper felt like it had no auto aim at all.

Hm, not sure how I feel about this. Is it evident when people have damage boost?

Hey guys, check out the promethean knight character model in this link, and then look at the weapon it's holding in its right hand.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530919

Looks like a mace or something.

Good catch, kinda looks like a crossbow to me.

WIPzw.png

Awesome, will listen in the morning, the giantbomb crew is a always fun listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom