• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the 3x scope on the DMR, which is what enables players to ping others from so far away, and which requires those getting pinged to go into scope in order to fire back. Knock the DMR back to 2x, and the problem will be substantially mitigated. I won't say solved, because it can still happen. But greatly mitigated, because players will simply have to be closer in order to hit you, and you won't have to absolutely, positively go into scope to return fire.

It will also make the game better because enabling players to tag others from the 3x scope DMR in Reach is a bad thing. (I won't regurgitate the few thousand words I've put into that topic any further.)

Please consider this.

Watch this part from the off screen gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DNGu52YXeoE#t=31s

I can't be 100% sure but that looks to be 2x to me.

Capture-15.jpg

This image is interesting. Notice the 'range' text on the right of the scope. Possible increased scope perk?

I'd say that's more shitty map design than the DMR's fault.

I agree but given the way BTB map quality has gone I'd rather task them with reducing a scope than relying on the maps being good. Babby steps, as you would say.

Cortana is the final boss of Halo 6

Remember this post in 2020, son

2016, son.

Damage boost power up...3sk BR, unless dude already had low shields. Wu witnessed its glory. Might be my imagination, but the Sniper felt like it had no auto aim at all.

Sounds awful. I seriously hope there's an indication that the guy with the three shot BR has a three shot BR.

zap

Click the full screen option for the video. That grey thing in the upper right hand corner (near the outline of the scope) says it's 3x.

Expected, but lame :/

Ah well. Just was watching the bomb cast, David Ellis lookin' sharp - nice work!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have to wait a week to see Prometheus. :(

Guess it will give me time to see just how bad Alien Resurrection is. The box plot sounds hilarious.

Fuchsdh

I have to wait a week to see Prometheus. :(

Guess it will give me time to see just how bad Alien Resurrection is. The box plot sounds hilarious.

Indeed.

I went back and rewatched Alien after sfdebris did a review of it. It's interesting--to me, it hasn't aged particularly well, but it's not all its fault. Some of its unique elements have since been co-opted as horror tropes of their own and that diminishes the original.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
14 pages to catch up on. Damn you Halo Gaf...Slow down.

Striker

I'd say that's more shitty map design than the DMR's fault.
It can be detrimental to Headlong as well, and that's one of the top tier BTB maps in the entire series. Not as bad as the Jetpack, but the 3x cross mapping is also silly. Makes matches become standoffs, and that gets boring. Why Bungie shipped a 3x primary rifle and put in open BTB/vertical (Spire) maps is beyond me, but then again they also created the Spiker and left the Laser in MP.

Assuming the DMR remains 3x, and I'm guessing Plasma Pistol is a secondary weapon, DMR/PP choice in BTB. lolsigh.

I can't believe we're talking about a perk to pick up grenades off dead bodies in Halo.

Sigh. How the mighty have fallen.
Look at it this way. Halo 3's nades were always on the ground so it turned into a grenade war. It was hilarious on small maps like Construct and Guardian. Reach's grenade power was also awful, so that's another negative. If the grenades were a common negative in these later games, I am okay with these changes and would love to try it out. Hopefully there's not a lot of grenade placements on the map, maybe 4-6 per map like normal maps.

Man, Reach sucks so much when you don't have anyone to play it with. I just want a game where I can hop into and have fun without constantly having to deal with all kinds of bullshit.

Urgh.. can't touch Forge today at all, caused (weak) motion sickness right away.
I have no idea why it causes that in me.

How's your map coming along?

Full MLG Pro match on Halo 4 that I can watch live?! So glad I finish at 3:30 today. Will be home by 5 guaranteed.

Looking forward to it. :)

Woorloog

Banned
How's your map coming along?

Needs spawns and spawn zones (how do they work?), objectives and weapons. Also, need to tweak the kill zones a bit, made a "slight" mistake with a hard kill boundary...

Weapons will be the last thing i add, as that way i can make easily a few variations of the map, then it just needs to be tested with each to see which one is the best.

Wasn't able to follow the Halo threads at all, but I can't be the only one who noticed this: Why can't you see your secondary weapon in the HUD? That's a definitive step down if it remains this way, although I expect this to be work in progress.

Does anyone have more information on that?

Apart from that, Halo 4 seems to turn into a masterpiece.

An option to turn of "MULTI KILL IN YOUR FACE" would be neat, too.

FyreWulff

Wasn't able to follow the Halo threads at all, but I can't be the only one who noticed this: Why can't you see your secondary weapon in the HUD? That's a definitive step down if it remains this way, although I expect this to be work in progress.

Does anyone have more information on that?

Apart from that, Halo 4 seems to turn into a masterpiece.

An option to turn of "MULTI KILL IN YOUR FACE" would be neat, too.

One would hope that the kill messages and so on are all Megalo-triggered, and so can be adjusted later

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Man, Reach sucks so much when you don't have anyone to play it with. I just want a game where I can hop into and have fun without constantly having to deal with all kinds of bullshit.

Agreed. I played Big Team alone last night and raged, a lot. People vote for maps, and don't think about the gametype. Got assault, no one touched the bomb, and I got betrayed and shot at by my team multiple times.

Even on "good" round for me where I'd go +10, etc. my team would be terrible and we'd lose. Not sure I won a round at all last night.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is FUD going to write up an E3 recap post? I've kind of ignored everything but a few VITA videos this year, but it seems like there was a lot more Halo 4 info than I expected.

I just discovered that David Cross (Tobias from Arrested Development) voices just about every marine in Halo 2, and is fucking hysterical. How did I not know this until now?!
I was at the peak of my David Cross nerd-love when Halo 2 came out (loved Mr. Show and his stand-up), so hearing him for the first time in the game was a total 'squee' moment for me.

In all honesty, I hardly play multiplayer alone anymore. I have a friend who I play all my games with, Reach, BF3, Tekken etc. It's much more fun. Playing alone is so... sterile I guess.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Aren't we getting a new Sparkcast today?

We had trouble getting time to record down here at E3 so Josh, Frank, Kiki and myself are going to handle that when we get back to the office.

We already have a segment about brining the Prometheans to life with a couple of our guys. Should be a fun listen.

Falagard

We had trouble getting time to record down here at E3 so Josh, Frank, Kiki and myself are going to handle that when we get back to the office.

We already have a segment about brining the Prometheans to life with a couple of our guys. Should be a fun listen.

Do vehicles have their own health, or are they tied to player health?

Coolcoolcool. Thanks.

Yeah, bummer.

At least we still have the MLG matches and the E3-rich bulletin hitting today. I'm hoping for some quality video (W/ AUDIO) of some MP matches. Would love to see a full match of Spartan Ops in there too.
While your at it, David, a new ViDoc would be pretty cool!
Thanks.

Just finished watching Giant Bomb maybe an hour ago, rather amusing. Good stuff.

--

Is this old? Hadn't seen it: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59118/official-e3-preview-of-halo-4-multiplayer/
Edit; yes I had, never mind.

daedalius

Missed the live GB since I fell asleep at like 10 last night.

Watching the Walshy Bravo wrapup and the GB interview.

Looking forward to spark cast about Prometheans and the pro-match.

Midnight IMAX 3D Prometheus last night was super fun.

Pitch to wife: "It's a...sci-fi movie...about the origin of human life..."

Wife: "Oh, okay".

First shocker scene had her flipping out. I honestly didn't mean to misrepresent the movie, I just didn't want to give anything away.

She still liked it in the end.

First shocker scene had her flipping out. I honestly didn't mean to misrepresent the movie, I just didn't want to give anything away.

lol, well done

I bet your drove her there and took her home aswell, didnt you!. Taxi's dude DAT BUS PASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom