• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We're trying to get a 6v6 or 8v8 on Reach. Currently at 9 players.

PS: hate u sai kun

Sai-kun

Banned
wXW5e.gif

man, heckfu's cute as fuck!

This would be perfect but it seems to be out of reach, (according to stinkles).

At this point I would be fine with having a rank that only I could see. As long as that rank can be assigned to individual playlists. Having a rank system is a great way for me (and others I think) to gauge how much I am improving as a halo player. Now of course trueskill will need to be stricter so that I am facing people that are around my same rank. Otherwise, we get what we have in reach with bpr where it is possible to have a 100 bpr and still face other players that have a 60 or so bpr in matchmaking.

summary: it would be nice to search in halo 4 if I had a personal rank to judge my personal skill and improvement, while simultaneously being matches with people of that same rank as well.
So my main problem with the way ranks were handled in Reach was not being able to accurately assess how good my opponents/teammates are while in the lobby (without navigating through 5 sub-menus.) Reach had the playercard when you highlight someone's gamertag, and that had so much potential. However, Bungie decided to clog up that prime real-estate with Armory Completion, Commendation Progress, and Daily and Weekly Challenges. Who the fuck cares.

When I see someone in the lobby, I don't give a shit how much armor he has. Why not fill that space with more pertinent information, like Competitive K/D or W/L or previous season arena rank. Take it one step further and display those stats specific to the playlist you're in. For example, if you're in the MLG playlist, the playercard would show MLG K/D and W/L.

So no matter what direction Halo 4 goes in with respect to ranks, just please keep this in mind. When scoping out the players in the lobby, the most easily accessible and pertinent information should be the indications of player skill. If I want to find out how many challenges a dude has completed, I'll be fine going through a few sub-menus first.

I carried my computer from Burnaby with my roommate all the way back up here to Broadway. Let's just say quite a few people didn't leave anything to the imagination.

Also it's freaky how NOBODY TALKS TO EACH OTHER. It's like thousands of people downtown and nobody is saying a word.

I am currently hoping there will be a similar situation in Montreal when I get there in a few days :p

Playing halo 4 months before release was a bad idea. Major withdrawals right now
Yep. Absolutely zero desire to play Reach for the foreseeable future.

Watched the Forge reveal from yesterday. Was hoping for more, but more than one environment is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom