• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune Factory Harvest Moon scans

ethelred

As usual, Neo, thanks so very much for continually providing these to us.

I'm still amazed at this game's awesome visuals, art, and overall style. I'm afraid it's going to completely bomb, though. :/

I want it to do well so that, I dunno, Neverland will get the inspiration to do a new Lufia that looks like this.

bengraven

Oh my god, what the hell (translated: OMGWTH)?!

I've never heard of this game. Is it called Rune Factory? Or is it a Harvest Moon? Or is it Harvest Moon: Rune Factory? Or are there two games there and I just can't read Japanese to seperate the two? Is it coming to the US? If it IS a Harvest Moon, these are some of the best character designs I've seen and much more mature than the rest of the games in the series. And action sequences?

Seriously, what the hell is this (and damn that vague, misleading thread title if I'm completely out of it)?!

ethelred

bengraven said:

I've never heard of this game. Is it called Rune Factory? Or is it a Harvest Moon? Or is it Harvest Moon: Rune Factory? Or are there two games there and I just can't read Japanese to seperate the two? Is it coming to the US? If it IS a Harvest Moon, these are some of the best character designs I've seen and much more mature than the rest of the games in the series. And action sequences?

Seriously, what the hell is this (and damn that vague, misleading thread title if I'm completely out of it)?!

Rune Factory is a Harvest Moon spinoff developed by Neverland (the makers of the Lufia series). It integrates the standard Harvest Moon crap with a much deeper story and action RPG gameplay -- explore dungeons, and you capture and train monsters to help fight beside you in dungeons and in protecting your turf.

bengraven

ethelred said:
Rune Factory is a Harvest Moon spinoff developed by Neverland (the makers of the Lufia series). It integrates the standard Harvest Moon crap with a much deeper story and action RPG gameplay -- explore dungeons, and you capture and train monsters to help fight beside you in dungeons and in protecting your turf.

Can you still woo ladies? I take it so since there looks like a focus on the ladies in the top of two pages. If so, this game is so ****ing bought when it comes to America (crosses fingers).

Neomoto

Man I can't ****ing wait for this game. I've been keeping my eye on this game for a long time and the game sounds (and looks) amazing.

GC|Simon

bengraven said:

Afaik it's a Harvest Moon with a lot of RPG-Elements ans dungeons, ...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
If Natsume doesn't put this on the Milk Harvest Moon train with, I'm going to be pretty damn sad. Pleeeeeeease, and don't make me wait 2 years.

Juice

This is exactly what they need to be doing with the HM IP. Exactly.

I remember the game's announcement, but I figured it would look like shit, since it was on the DS (and Innocent Life for PSP looked like a complete bust at its outset).

This looks frickin' awesome.

Thanks Neo.
This really does look great, shame they're releasing it on the same day as FFIII. It's just going to get slaughtered in the rush. Just noticed on the Nintendo Dream scans that it's Wifi as well, have we heard anything about this yet?

B.K.

I hope Natsume releases Rune Factory in America. It looks like an interesting twist on the Harvest Moon formula.

Bo130

I was 99% sure they announced it for USA, but nothing on Europe yet. I can't seem to find the source, though :(

meppi

Thanks again for all your work neo!

The game is looking even better with these new scans.

I might as well ask this here, as I've been wondering about this for a while now.
Are there any sites which specialize in old Famitsu scans, not just from a could of months ago but from many years ago also?
Other Japanese mags like Arcadia would be great too. ;)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Chibbi Brady said:
Thanks Neo.
This really does look great, shame they're releasing it on the same day as FFIII. It's just going to get slaughtered in the rush. Just noticed on the Nintendo Dream scans that it's Wifi as well, have we heard anything about this yet?
It's not even on the top 30 Famitsu. I expect it to do better than Innocent Life, but I still expect it to bomb. :(

ethelred

jj984jj said:
It's not even on the top 30 Famitsu. I expect it to do better than Innocent Life, but I still expect it to bomb. :(

Sadly, I agree.

I hope it can at least crack 50k -- that would be a decently respectable number, though still far below what it deserves.

This one has had quite more promotion than Innocent Life, and looks quite better too.

Maaaybe, if it catches some more buyers from FF3 rage...50-100k would be awesome.

This game looks gorgeous! Seeing as it's coming from Neverland, there is a chance Yasunori Shiono might be composing the music. That would be sweet.

Mejilan said:

lol you spend the first half of the game running your farm in ancient ruins while compiling a bunch of high tech tools to automate the farming. Once it's completely automated you explore and read lots and lots of dialogue...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
WhereSailors said:
lol you spend the first half of the game running your farm in ancient ruins while compiling a bunch of high tech tools to automate the farming. Once it's completely automated you explore and read lots and lots of dialogue...
Could you get married and such? I head the game had a lot of bugs.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
WhereSailors said:

That doesn't sound too bad. Where do the RPG elements come in?

Cherubae

jj984jj said:
Could you get married and such? I head the game had a lot of bugs.

As far as I know there was no marriage involved
since you were a robot created by a professor

The first version of HMDS had a *ton* of bugs and MMV released a corrected copy of the game. I haven't heard of any redo's on IL but I have heard it has some bug issues as well.

Hopefully Neverland got the time to bugtest their game.

Emotions

This game is great, i'm a big HM fan and this spin-off looks really good specially knowing it is being developed by Neverland.

Bo130

jesusraz said:
If I say the following letters 'R', 'S' and 'G', would that be a big enough hint? ;)

I immedially thought Ready! Steady! Go! Final stage of Ouendan. I've played that too much :D :lol

Rising Star Games? Officially? :)

Thomper

jesusraz said:
If I say the following letters 'R', 'S' and 'G', would that be a big enough hint? ;)
Meh, the first Harvest Moon DS hasn't even been released here so I'd think it'll still take a loooong time.

jesusraz

Bo130 said:
I immedially thought Ready! Steady! Go! Final stage of Ouendan. I've played that too much :D :lol

:lol

Rising Star Games? Officially? :)

Unofficially. Nothing is official. Nothing is ever official until it actually releases! ;)

As Thomper says, RSG has to get the first HM DS out of the way first, as well as its Q3 releases (Ys Strategy in Sept, Contact and New Zealand Story in Oct) and then it can focus on the next batch of titles (I'd be surprised if Luminous Arc wasn't picked up as well, since Marvelous is publishing it in Japan).

ethelred

jesusraz said:
:lol

Unofficially. Nothing is official. Nothing is ever official until it actually releases! ;)

As Thomper says, RSG has to get the first HM DS out of the way first, as well as its Q3 releases (Ys Strategy in Sept, Contact and New Zealand Story in Oct) and then it can focus on the next batch of titles (I'd be surprised if Luminous Arc wasn't picked up as well, since Marvelous is publishing it in Japan).

Rising Star is publishing Ys Strategy in Europe? That's surprising. It doesn't seem to be getting a US release. I might have to import.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ys Strategy? Europe? Shit, I think I'd have to import that if no one picks it up for US release.

ethelred

Mejilan said:
Ys Strategy? Europe? Shit, I think I'd have to import that if no one picks it up for US release.

I looked on Rising Star Games' homepage (not that jesusraz isn't reliable, mind you), and sure enough, Ys Strategy, September. What the hell, how'd this slip by? First I've heard about this at all -- I had no idea it was going anywhere beyond Japan.

I have to wonder why no US release? Not from RSG, obviously, but from someone at least? Ah well... if it doesn't get announced for a US pickup, I'll definitely be importing this one.

Edit: Actually, now that I look around RSG's website a bit more, I see that they're actually owned by Marvelous. How did I not know this? I feel completely stupid now! I had no idea. Well, that's pretty cool -- good for Marvelous. Hopefully they'll get a US branch up and running in the near future, too.

Rising Star being owned by Marvelous (and them bringing out something so niche as Ys Strategy) seems like it should guarantee, at the least, European releases for Rune Factory, Valhalla Knights, and Luminous Arc. I can't imagine MMV's European branch passing on those. I hope, anyway!

Edit Again: Sheesh. Okay, so Rising Star says it's coming out in September, but why can't I find it anywhere? Neither play.com nor ncsx.com list it.

Thomper

ethelred said:
I looked on Rising Star Games' homepage (not that jesusraz isn't reliable, mind you), and sure enough, Ys Strategy, September. What the hell, how'd this slip by? First I've heard about this at all -- I had no idea it was going anywhere beyond Japan.

I have to wonder why no US release? Not from RSG, obviously, but from someone at least? Ah well... if it doesn't get announced for a US pickup, I'll definitely be importing this one.

Edit: Actually, now that I look around RSG's website a bit more, I see that they're actually owned by Marvelous. How did I not know this? I feel completely stupid now! I had no idea. Well, that's pretty cool -- good for Marvelous. Hopefully they'll get a US branch up and running in the near future, too.

Rising Star being owned by Marvelous (and them bringing out something so niche as Ys Strategy) seems like it should guarantee, at the least, European releases for Rune Factory, Valhalla Knights, and Luminous Arc. I can't imagine MMV's European branch passing on those. I hope, anyway!

Edit Again: Sheesh. Okay, so Rising Star says it's coming out in September, but why can't I find it anywhere? Neither play.com nor ncsx.com list it.
Rising Star's Games' games are aaaaaalways delayed. Not one of them ever made their first releasedate. That's why these retailers might not have it yet...

Stuff like Rune Factory makes me sad, because it looks so awesome, but wont be in a language i understand for quite a while probably .... i dont mind missing out on the story in something like Bleach or JSS, but not for an RPGish game like that :(

Top Bottom