• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Trilogy announced for PS3, trailer, October release

Loudninja

7941658968_9025a18c4f_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk6w1ootvnU&feature=youtu.be

Thanks goes to onQ123 for finding the trailer.
Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).

Like the Collection line-up so far, the original Killzone has been treated with the signature 720p HD makeover, along with full Trophy support.
Not only will the Trilogy include the three games, but it will also include all the Killzone 2 and 3 multiplayer map packs free of charge. The full map package is as follows:

Killzone 2 Map Pack Bundle
Steel & Titanium Map Pack
Flash & Thunder Map Pack
Napalm & Cordite Map Pack

Killzone 3 Map Pack Bundle
Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack
Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack
Killzone 3 From The Ashes Map Pack
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...joins-playstation-collection-on-october-23rd/

Edit:

KZ1 HD:
-Can be bought from PS Store separately
- 720p @ 30fps no Famerate drops
- Updated controls
- Updated audio
- Trophies
- No remote play
- Split screen multiplayer remains
- No 3D
-No Move support
-No online multiplayer

Cornbread78

I really hope they have a DD version of Killzone HD, I can't wait to play it finally, everyone has said how awesome the guns are in it!

SSReborn

Yup, will definitely get this. Killzone HD looks awesome I never played the first aside from a demo so I'm definitely interested

Man

I love the bullet counter in KZ1. I remember Die Hard Trilogy on PSOne having it in a similar fashion.

Sintoid

I hope for a DD release of KZ HD, I already have other 2 games. And of course I really would appreciate a stable framerate for KZ HD XD

Man

Unless they fix the technical issues with KZ, I don't see this being any good.
Framerate and muddy look? Going HD kills those issues immediately.

People are excited to play the first one? Wasn't it pretty shit even back then?
Best campaign in the trilogy. Choose between four different people for slightly different playstyles, routes etc. Story much more enjoyable as well (Templar and Lugar sex jokes!). And you get to play as the 'germans' in a big beach landing.

Majine

Banned
Killzone has some epic cinematics. I loved the KZ3 Story trailer.

Too bad the gameplay didn't live up to it.

KageMaru

Nice, was going to pick up KZ3 soon but I think I'll just wait for this.

I thought the emulated version of KZ1 was cancelled. Wonder if this is still emulated or an actual HD remake (doubtful).

Best campaign in the trilogy.

Err, not so sure about that. Enemies were bullet sponges, worse than the other games, AI was horrible, and controls didn't feel smooth at all. I was pretty hyped for KZ1 back in the day and have tried so many times to play through it all, but it could never hold my interest the whole way. KZ2 though was great for the most part, only the last few levels grew frustrating for me.

really want to try KZ1 again, love the idea of playing 4 different character in each stage. my problem with ps2 version is the aiming, it just didn't feel responsive or analog enough, but I'm not sure if that's dualshock 2 controller problem or the programming. it felt like it didn't have mid range between moving the aiming slowly or too fast, I kinda figure ps2 controller are just limited and not have that range. but I'm not really sure

Is it possible that KZ1HD will be available by itself via PSN? I don't need to buy the other two again...

I'll buy this for KZ1 alone, anyway, I loved that game.

amar212

Finally people will get a chance to understand greatness and importance of the first Killzone.

Thank you for this Guerilla and Sony.

Here I come again my dearest 40 hours campaign on Hard difficulty with Auto Reload set to OFF and HUD OFF.

Will Be Glorious™

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I hope they just put up kz on psn. Love to play that without the nauseating framerate.

I just wish there was a Killzone that lets you play as a Helghast hero. Maybe Mercenary is the closest we'll get to that?

what were the main problems with Killzone 1?

for me personally the control. either ps2 controller's fault, or the programming. it's just rather hard to aim in that game imo. hopefully it's fixed.

I don't mind the simple ai and bullet sponges much. or maybe just didn't really notice them back then. I didn't play a lot of shooter at all last gen

test_account

XP-39C²
Nice, will buy for collection purposes :) I also hope that Killzone HD is being sold seperately. I never tried that game for more than 10-15 minutes on PS2, but i loved Killzone 2 and 3. So i've got interest in playing through Killzone 1 as well now.

ErikB

Banned
Not sure why everyone is worried about the framerate. Is there a sony made HD collection that isn't locked at 60? Or atleast 30...?

It isn't inconceivable that they could fuck it up. See the Silent Hill HD collection. It, just, like, surely they can do better than that!

Top Bottom