• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Trilogy announced for PS3, trailer, October release

Celegus

No interest in the series after the terrible mess that 3 was, but 2 still holds a place in my heart. Sure looks pretty at least.

KageMaru

It's "Killzone HD"

Sorry but I'm not entirely convinced this means it's a full on remake. They tried to release it as a PS2 classic originally, so to turn it around as a remake so fast would be surprising.

Is there any footage or screenshots of KZHD?

what were the main problems with Killzone 1?

Scripting issues, horrible AI, bullet sponge enemies, some boring level design, repetitive sound, poor controls, frame rate issues, etc.

NBtoaster

Sorry but I'm not entirely convinced this means it's a full on remake. They tried to release it as a PS2 classic originally, so to turn it around as a remake so fast would be surprising.

Is there any footage or screenshots of KZHD?

Second post.

SparkTR

Colonel Hakha (voiced by Sean Pertwee) has changed sides to the ISA and you can choose to play as him:

He's the best character, not just from a story perspective but in the later levels there's a severe lack of ammo for anything other than the Helghan rifle, and that character has bonuses with it. Hope they fix that.

Steroyd

Framerate and muddy look? Going HD kills those issues immediately.

Hohoho the game had a lot more issues than that.

I quite liked the structure of the SP campaign in the first game, and was dissapointed they never took it to the next level.

Never played original. Only beat KZ2/3 once. Hardly remember them. Never owned them. Almost bought KZ3 yesterday. Nice package. Will buy.

Is that an A.I.?

Other things I like about the original KZ:

-Best and most numerous amount of environments in any of the games. More than the other 2 combined.
-Best animations.
-The only game to actually make the Helghast feel like an actual threat (if only for the opening battles). I never understood how they were supposed to get people to feel like the Helghast were some type of badass super humans when you mow them down by the hundreds in KZ2 and KZ3.

meta4

LMAO at one of the Youtube comments. Hopefully he/she is not being serious. I remember reading stuff like this before KZ2's release. Man console wars......

"My people... Sons and Daughters of Sony. This much I vow...The history of these days will be written in blood. By crushing the armies of Microsoft, by seizing the games they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very exclusives. But if there are those who would deny us peace...refuse us our rightful place in the gaming industry, then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations of consoles yet unborn will cry out in anguish!"

Spiegel

Why isn't KZ HD crossbuy on PSN (also on Vita)?

The system just has one shitty FPS released and it surely could take another even if it isn't good.

Eteric Rice

Now going into FPS HD collections? This is good.

If the game store I work at is any indicator, they need to do a Socom HD collection. everyone wants an HD remake of Socom 2.

Yep.

KZ1 is the superior game in the series. Better characters, better story, more gameplay and environment variety. Hell, it actually utilizes the surprisingly good backstory they created for this seemingly generic franchise, before they ditched awesome characters like Luger and Hakha for the KZ2/3 DudeBro Squad.

KZ2 and 3 have the extremely well-designed Helghan environments going for them, and the graphics of course. But I really, really wish they'd bring back the 4-character system. I never really understood why Sony didn't want to compete with the 4-player campaign co-op features of Halo using this set-up, as the first game really lent itself really well to the concept and seemed like a natural progression for the series. It would have made for a much more interesting game than the endless corridor shooter the franchise became.

Will KZ1 have move support too?

The only problem with KZ1 to me besides graphics being so slow, was the enemies were super bullet sponges.

KalBalboa

Banned
I hope Killzone HD retains the online and split screen modes. I'm conflicted over buying the entire collection or just the first game... it's great having so many remasters lately.

Eight years ago I would never have thought I'd read this sentence.

I'm always disappointed they never go back to KZ1 format of 4 playable character you can pick each with their own unique weapons etc. seriously, the evolution of that mechanic is like a no brainier 4 player co-op for the sequels. they even have the charatcer ready for it, garza and the bandana dude should have been playable in kz2. seriously

Carl

Eight years ago I would never have thought I'd read this sentence.

Why not? Pai's post sums up my feelings.

Yep.

KZ1 is the superior game in the series. Better characters, better story, more gameplay and environment variety. Hell, it actually utilizes the surprisingly good backstory they created for this seemingly generic franchise, before they ditched awesome characters like Luger and Hakha for the KZ2/3 DudeBro Squad.

Really the most interesting and fun game in the series.

amar212

I think how graphics and audio will be updated immensely - especially audio.

Multiplayer is probably out though.

From the pictures you can clearly see how all guns are "new" models (KZ2-KZ3 *era*), not like in the original. (I thought wrong, nevermind)

I can't wait to play this. Graphics aside, first KZ is still the best KZ ever and one of my personal favourite FPS games of all times.

Haters gonna hate, but that is their problem.

EDITED: Updated controls are the second best thing to hear about this. Great, great game awaits us.

Loudninja

Updated controls

We’ve updated Killzone 1′s controls to be more in line with the rest of the series and to account for the fact that the SIXAXIS and DualShock 3 are of better quality than the original PlayStation 2 controller.

SparkTR

Why not? Pai's post sums up my feelings.

Because Killzone was a massive disappointment at release but the potential of a Killzone 2 made fans very excited (me included). Back in 2005 if somebody told me Killzone 1 was the highpoint of the series in regards to the campaign mode I would have laughed in their face.

Because Killzone was a massive disappointment at release but the potential of a Killzone 2 made fans very excited (me included). Back in 2005 if somebody told me Killzone 1 was the highpoint of the series in regards to the campaign mode I would have laughed in their face.

Yeah, if you talked shit about Killzone 2 after seeing _that_ video, hoooooo boy.

I think how graphics and audio will be updated immensely - especially audio.

From the pictures you can clearly see how all guns are "new" models (KZ2-KZ3 *era*), not like in the original.

I can't wait to play this. Graphics aside, first KZ is still the best KZ ever and one of my personal favourite FPS games of all times.

Haters gonna hate, but that is their problem.

Guns don't look upgraded at all. The ISA rifles still have the underslung GL and the Helghast rifle is a different model from what appears in 2 and 3. You seem to have forgotten what the guns used to look like

Carl

Ratchet and Clank 3 had multiplayer kept in, as will Galdiator/Deadlocked. So there's hope! Maybe.

Also, high 5 on agreeing that KZ1 is the best

Ahh i see what you're saying. Yeah it's a shame they changed direction so much for the sequels :(

LMAO at one of the Youtube comments. Hopefully he/she is not being serious. I remember reading stuff like this before KZ2's release. Man console wars......

"My people... Sons and Daughters of Sony. This much I vow...The history of these days will be written in blood. By crushing the armies of Microsoft, by seizing the games they thought to turn against us, we were fighting for our very exclusives. But if there are those who would deny us peace...refuse us our rightful place in the gaming industry, then we will unleash such terrible vengeance that generations of consoles yet unborn will cry out in anguish!"

this is good VERY good muhhhaaa

Man

From the pictures you can clearly see how all guns are "new" models (KZ2-KZ3 *era*), not like in the original.
As a fellow KZ1 veteran I will point out that you are wrong here. It's the same original ones.

Yes to updated controls!

Cornbread78

It’s just Killzone 3 that supports the move.
The Killzone 2 and 3 versions are the originals including all DLC packs.
Killzone HD is a new conversion for PS3 with Trophies and quite a bit of updated content.

That's what I'm talking about, and if is posted on PSN day 1, I know what I'll be doing on day 1!

If it has PSvita remote play I'm in.

Oh, I'd be pitching a tent if that was the case...

Bradach

KZ3 still has the best FPS move controls imo. I got it day one and still play from time to time. They're not really clear on whether or not they've added move controls to KZ1 or KZ2 though. if they have, i'm in.

EDIT: just read Loudninjas comment re move support only for KZ3 :(

Top Bottom