• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Trilogy announced for PS3, trailer, October release

kuroshiki

7937175632_d6db9bb9b0.jpg

It looks like we'll have multiple cases here, or at least more than the usual blu-ray case that the God of War Saga came in. I'm pretty happy about that.

The more I see it, the more I think that Guerilla made a crucial mistake not making Helgahst as protagonists.

God ISA bunch are bland as hell.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Nice. I never got around to picking up KZ3 (I loved 2, especially the multiplayer) so I'll be all over this. Never played KZ1 back in the ps2 days either.

Man

The more I see it, the more I think that Guerilla made a crucial mistake not making Helgahst as protagonists.
I got last post on one of the earlier pages in case you missed it:
You can sort of in Killzone 1.
Colonel Hakha (voiced by Sean Pertwee) has changed sides to the ISA and you can choose to play as him:

0.jpg

pertweeseanpic_1255x1255_634347456064450807.jpg

KalBalboa

Banned

Well, at least we see the Helghast more while we shoot them than we do the ISA. I still think the ISA have neat outfits and weaponry- that shoot out in the ISA base in Killzone 2 had a lot of eye-candy.

I would love for the next killzone game to have the Multiplayer of 2 (with vehicles from 3) and the choose your character campaign of 1.

I just wish there was a Killzone that lets you play as a Helghast hero. Maybe Mercenary is the closest we'll get to that?

Probably yes.

Hmm I'll need to get this. I kinda passed KZ2/3 on PS3 as i never played 1 and not wanted to spend so much cash for console shooters. Trilogy sounds interesting.

I want to see how Killzone HD plays before I get excited. And hopefully they toned down on the "aaargh" "scatter! grenade!" voice lines and added a broader reel of lines.

Cornbread78

I guess Socom diehards will be very happy with that, it's the one game that I keep hearing people want hd remaster of.

If they remaster Socom II in HD, I think my gaming clan would lose their minds, the same for Battlefrotn and Battle front II. They originally established back then, so they would abe all over any of those like crazy and it could really bring back some MP vets.....

KageMaru

I want to see how Killzone HD plays before I get excited. And hopefully they toned down on the "aaargh" "scatter! grenade!" voice lines and added a broader reel of lines.

Yeah the enemies repeating the same 3 lines grew very old, hopefully they lower the rate they talk. Would be great if they tweaked other things like enemy health. Game could be pretty good if it was polished up.

Man

KZ1 also has that crazy 4x rocketlauncher where secondary fire (yes, kz1 had secondary fire for all weapons) dumps all its rockets at once destroying all.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sorry if alreadt asked, but: I've read no Move support for Killzone 1 HD. I assume that KZ2 and KZ3 will suppor it, right? But I'd be interested in a bundle with the Move. No news about that?

By the way isnt this the 4th game collection (God Of War, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank) they're pushing?

Sony is finally trying to establish their own titles as strong household franchises/brands. At least they're trying a good and better marketing strategy to succeed anyway...

jett

D-Member
KZ1 also has that crazy 4x rocketlauncher where secondary fire (yes, kz1 had secondary fire for all weapons) dumps all its rockets at once destroying all.

Secondary fire was such a cool feature, I don't understand why it was removed from the sequels. KZ1 really did several things better than the PS3 games.

I don't understand why KZ1 isn't running at 60 FPS. I was playing MGS3 HD on PS3 yesterday, and it looks so beautiful! And it runs at 60 FPS!! WHYYYY????

Zen

Banned
So this is why Killzone 1 being released as a PS2 classic was cancelled. It would be amazing if they went back and reworked the AI for Killzone 1 as well.

Shit framerate and muddy graphics.

Killzone 1 had amazing graphics for the time on the PS2, the problem was all the technical issues and clipping.

They have to do a PS3 price drop for the holidays. All these collections + All-Stars + $199 could lead to good sales for them. Uncharted trilogy could be a big seller for new PS3 owners and it has to be coming.

KalBalboa

Banned
They have to do a PS3 price drop for the holidays. All these collections + All-Stars + $199 could lead to good sales for them. Uncharted trilogy could be a big seller for new PS3 owners and it has to be coming.

This is what I've been assuming since the spring. All these collections are priced so damn well and cross-buy really incentivizes people to pick up anything they might be on the fence with. All-Stars is a big opportunity to give the PlayStation brand a shot in the arm, too. Here's hoping the year is good to them.

KalBalboa

Banned
I don't understand why KZ1 isn't running at 60 FPS. I was playing MGS3 HD on PS3 yesterday, and it looks so beautiful! And it runs at 60 FPS!! WHYYYY????

MGS3 ran at a higher frame rate back on the PS2 than Killzone did, so there's likely a difference in their respective "glass ceilings" for frame rate. I also bet Metal Gear had a more thorough porting done than Killzone.

30fps, pass, I'll wait for the HD-HD Remaster for PS4 it seems.

Honestly, what would 60 FPS add to the original PS2 Killzone, anyway? the game was designed and envisioned to be a heavy, procedural shooter, not Call of Duty. Get a 120 HZ TV and you'd get the same effect.

Akainu

I liked Killzone 1 bugs and all. Shame they got rid of the secondary fire. And having different characters to play was nice.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
30fps, pass, I'll wait for the HD-HD Remaster for PS4 it seems.
Based on the limitations of the original engine, I suspect there are technical reasons why 60 fps wouldn't work.

Halo 1, for instance, didn't work properly at 60 fps as the PC version demonstrated as all of the animations and physics were handled at a lower framerate. When you jump to 60 it results in a huge discrepancy between camera motion and animation that looks terrible.

Synless

Uncharted and Resistance is my guess.

Also, US Boxart:

7941658968_9025a18c4f_z.jpg
You know, when something say trilogy it is already implied that there is three. Did they need to clarify that further with saying that their was three full games in the "trilogy" collection?

Its truly perplexing to me when a HD re-release isn't 60fps. Is that a major engine overhaul? I always think of it like new computer hardware and assume that should be relatively simple but I must be wrong.

Top Bottom