• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Nintendo Direct for 3DS on Thursday 7pm BST

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Let's PRETEND that we get some sort of upgrade to the shop during that timeframe. PRETEND.

The thing that is ACTUALLY announced (3ds account systems were just some customer service rep) is that the 3DS shop will become accessible via web browsers. This is a far more realistic thing to expect, if we feel the need to actually expect anything.

jerd

So is this where they finally announce the 3DS's use as a Wii U controller in tandem with the gamepad? Quad screen gaming, here we come!

Let's PRETEND that we get some sort of upgrade to the shop during that timeframe. PRETEND.

The thing that is ACTUALLY announced (3ds account systems were just some customer service rep) is that the 3DS shop will become accessible via web browsers. This is a far more realistic thing to expect, if we feel the need to actually expect anything.

Okay, maybe if they do it through QR codes... but I always thought accessing it through different media implied an incoming account system. Pretty silly to do it any other way.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
this sums up my feelings!
are you sure we r not lost brothers or something?

After creating your account, you then realize that your life has not changed in any appreciable way whatsoever. You put down the 3DS and stare at the wall.

After creating your account, you then realize that your life has not changed in any appreciable way whatsoever. You put down the 3DS and stare at the wall.

You do however, feel safe that Nintendo can't deny that, should your 3DS get lost or stolen, you've spent hundreds of pounds on digital content you'll never see again.

piteru

Banned

damn..that was harsh but true...
although IF a big IF the account system was something more like xboxlive where i can access my dlc from any system,thath would TOTALLY change my (gaming)life..
i can only dream...the personal meltdown is going to be big...

Nosgoroth

Why even bother existing? We'd all be better off in the void anyway. Life is meaningless.

But does the void have an account system? This is important, I need to know if I can trust the universe with my conscience in case my body breaks or gets lost. I just don't feel safe in the void without that.

DrSnaz

Neo Member
I just found out something interesting. NoE uploaded the boxarts of three GBA games on their press server.

40180.jpg

Since today was announced another Nintendo direct it could very likely be that Nintendo announces gba games for the eshop on thursday. The games are:

Super Mario Ball
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

I hope that this is really true and is not a mistake again.

source

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The hell is Super Mario Ball?

And also, where da heck is Yoshi's Island? It isn't enough they deprive us of it on Wii's VC for six years...

I really don't care about GBA games outside of Golden Sun, LTTP, Mario Vs DK or THPS2 or something...

I really hope this is about more than GBA games, I couldn't care less about VC at the moment.

Chopper

I just found out something interesting. NoE uploaded the boxarts of three GBA games on their press server.

40180.jpg

Since today was announced another Nintendo direct it could very likely be that Nintendo announces gba games for the eshop on thursday. The games are:

Super Mario Ball
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

I hope that this is really true and is not a mistake again.

source
Aw, hell yeah...!

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'd rebuy Mario Golf GBA.

Other GBA titles I'd like are the rest of the Fire Emblem games (plz translate FE6!), Castlevania, Advance Wars, FFTA, Tactics Ogre.

How does Superstar Saga hold up to the other two? Only played Partners in Time, but wasn't exactly wowed by it.

Hopefully this means they also actually put some effort into the GBA emulation this time around and we can use OS features like Game Notes and the Browser.

Drago

I have to say, if Mario Pinball, Mario Golf, and Mario & Luigi were the launch titles, it'd be quite a weird launch lineup, I would think. I'm all for Mario and Luigi, but I would think an ambassador title would also be there day 1. :/

Also, Japan is getting Mario Golf GBC, so if the GBA update is real and is a worldwide launch, would Japan get Mario Golf GBA too? I'm so confused :|

backlot

I have to say, if Mario Pinball, Mario Golf, and Mario & Luigi were the launch titles, it'd be quite a weird launch lineup, I would think. I'm all for Mario and Luigi, but I would think an ambassador title would also be there day 1. :/

Also, Japan is getting Mario Golf GBC, so if the GBA update is real and is a worldwide launch, would Japan get Mario Golf GBA too? I'm so confused :|
If it was worldwide then why would NOE be the only one announcing it? I'm not about to put my faith on this yet.

GBA is awesome, the Virtual Console releases would work much better if it had a bit more reach and variety.

I understand why their releasing like this (most sales) - Doctor Who DVD's are done in segments, but Nintendo need that added variety to interest everyone - which I think the release schedule...doesn't currently do.

Accounts with a slew of releases would be amaze. As would updating the 3DS offerings with more of the historical retail releases in the run up to Christmas.

Drago

Are JP/US having NDs too?

Possibly, but no announcements yet.

Both JP and EU are having the eShop down for maintenance for a good amount of time though, at the same time too. Will most likely be the same case for NA. The EU 3DS ND is right around this time of maintenance too, I think. People are inferring that this could mean a major update for 3DS eShop, and with GBA boxarts recently uploaded to NoE servers...

I imagine that if there are NDs for JP and NA, they would be announced ~12 hours before as usual. I'm just guessing, though :)

Mario Pinball Land has impressive pre-rendered graphics, for the GBA anyway, but it's not great. Too fiddly.

Fuse Game's next effort (Metroid Prime Pinball) was much better.

Top Bottom