• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
CALL SPOOKY!@

seriously you dudes need him. Way to fold under fucking pressure with a corporate budget. Shameful.

That's why the rank is displayed outside of the game. Rank every playlist. No point in having two of each, in my opinion. As long as I get matched with people of similar skill - I don't care. The ranks are there if you want them.

I want a ranked and unranked version of some playlists because that way, I can enjoy them both competitively and socially. And when I play socially, I won't have to care about my rank which allows me to play with friends who aren't that good (Elzar, Xand etc.)

Havok

Thanks to the folks that posted the twitch link here, and to Cyren who tweeted it out as well. I was just refreshing the own3d page like a moron until I saw that.

U4ix and Bravo are doing really well, though Fiesta isn't really my thing.
"wow this map looks great I'm glad 343 put this in the game" - Literally Nobody
Depends on what you mean. It's aesthetically hideous, but in terms of layout, it looks like it easily trounces all the other games' default Forge variants.

Yes, I realize how low that quality bar is. Yes, it is sad.

kylej

Banned
instant respawns + grey blocks + ffa spawns + fiesta + random camera switching = someone hold my tongue I'm having a seizure

"wow this map looks great I'm glad 343 put this in the game" - Literally Nobody

I mean, it's not beautiful, but the map design looks pretty awesome. I get a Foundation/Warlock vibe, and that's a good thing.

Maps should play well first, look pretty second. That Forge map already looks like a better map than all Reach maps - not joking. (except Cragmire)

Havok

Good post. I've been meaning to do a huge ADS post in that thread for a while because of that review, but it looks like it's not really necessary anymore. It's just really interesting that someone who is ostensibly very aware of game design (as a reviewer, no less) could gloss over the idea that ADS works primarily because hipfire in those games is so inaccurate, which would destroy the Halo gameplay.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Install the first disk for campaign, then boot the game. It will prompt you to install disk 2. This is how you're supposed to do it.

Works just fine in reverse too. Ban thing is being fixed and reversed, btw. No ETA, but not too long hopefully.

orznge

Banned
We need to accomodate blind people who want to play also.

And every video I've seen confirms my fear from months ago that strafing is still too sluggish.
I asked how fast you can go from strafing left/right to the opposite direction some pages ago but no one answered, probably because that isn't an issue to anyone aside from like five of us in this thread lol

I mean, it's not beautiful, but the map design looks pretty awesome. I get a Foundation/Warlock vibe, and that's a good thing.

Maps should play well first, look pretty second. That Forge map already looks like a better map than all Reach maps - not joking. (except Cragmire)

Agreed completely. Looks like FFA will be really solid on this map, the game is sooo fast.

Works just fine in reverse too. Ban thing is being fixed and reversed, btw. No ETA, but not too long hopefully.

You're a gentleman for immediately posting this stuff for those that got the game early.

There used to be a place that always sold games early in my city, but it went out of business because the guy got hired to manage the Apple store. Too bad.

Out of curiosity: Why do a few GAFfers purchased 2 copies of Halo 4, holding the other for a buddy perhaps? :)

Multiple Xboxes, and that way, you never have to taint the disk tray with any other game, nor remove it from the tray ;)

No need to install the first disk, right?

No, but if you have the space, you'll get a nice loading boost.

Beckx

Kind of stunned at the difficulties with the MLG stream. CEO and EVO were flawless this year (and CEO was free at that). Hire Sp00ky (and talk to Jebailey about how to hype a damn event).

Beat the campaign and played a few multiplayer matches. This is the best Halo since two. I love it. Especially the multiplayer portion, so much better than what we got in three and Reach. Not a fan of getting dropped into a game on the losing side, though. But it is still fun even then.

Excellent work, 343i.

Shadders

94893982.jpg

#EvilAwakens

From Dust and Echoes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Beat the campaign and played a few multiplayer matches. This is the best Halo since two. I love it. Especially the multiplayer portion, so much better than what we got in three and Reach. Not a fan of getting dropped into a game on the losing side, though. But it is still fun even then.

Excellent work, 343i.

Let's not go crazy yet. Let's re-evaluate a month after launch. Honeymoon phase will be in effect for quite some time.

That said, can't wait to dive in myself.

heckfu

Banned
I couldn't snag a copy here in town. I also haven't gotten a PM with a download code from you so I don't even know what to do anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom