• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

x-Lundz-x

I don't care how many discs it comes on for the 360, as long as I only have only have to keep disc 1 in the drive... (I know I'm dreaming).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cars hold to ground better - not "big and boatlike in GTAIV"
More physics to cars, feels more like racing game
Racing game itch will be scratched

..but but that was what GTA IV handling was like. It was quite literally perfect.

derFeef

Oh. My. God. This will be the greatest thing ever done by human beings. Bigger than the development of pharmaceuticals, bigger than buildings that touch the sky, bigger than putting men on the moon. Fucking NUTS.

The gaming press is already copying that post and will put it in their bolded headlines.

Bigger than Just Cause 2? I doubt it.

Just to reiterate, the claim is that the game is bigger than all of those including BOTH interior and exterior areas.

Both systems will be coughing blood.

Shit... 3 protagonists at once? This is too much.

The other 2 will be going on with their daily lives when you're controlling the other too. They say we could find them in interesting situations when we switch back, lol.

I really can't believe what I'm reading. Amazing stuff.

"Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined."

You can explore underwater sections of the city.

tumblr_mbuy4pzqYO1r79k9c.gif

Hilti92

- Three protagonists
- Can change between them
- With the 360 version, you have the choice of installing all three characters or switch discs everytime you change character
- Bigger than SA and RDR combined

Still would rather get this on the 360. GTA IV looked like ass on PS3. I'll sacrifice disc changing for better performance.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

..but but that was what GTA IV handling was like. It was quite literally perfect.

Not even close. Understeer up the ass for so many of the cars.

Robot Pants

PS3 switch too? Wonder if that is for 360 only...
2 blu-rays for ps3. If you don't mandatory install, you have to switch disks every time you change between Michael and Frankie. Trevor is on both blu-rays.

For 360, 8 discs and if no install, you will need to switch everytime you get into a different class of car or change characters.

Pranay

This sounds amazing, what a pity that i will to wait almost a year for it ;\
Stop ignoring PC Rockstar!

i dont think they are ignoring other platforms.

Game is too big and ambitious and they want it out on platforms where their main audience are

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure who it was on the Bombcast, but someone brought up the problem in GTA IV, with the moral hypocrisy of Niko ("I want to get out of this mess...but ok, I'll blow up this bus full of nuns"), and that the style of games would be better suited for 3 or 4 "stories" in one, similar to the 2 GTA IV DLC bits.

Seems like that's exactly what they're doing, with the 3 characters.

Even if the disk swapping thing is BS, I am still interested if and how Rockstar can fit all of that on one dual layer DVD. We'll probably get info like that later, but still.

I'm worried about the framerate on the PS3 version.

I haven't read comparisons, but how was RDR and GTAIV on PS3 compared to 360?

Derrick01

Banned
Holy shit everything sounds great, I'm really impressed.

Also really glad they fixed the car handling. I knew I was right about how awful it was :D

abundant

The other 2 will be going on with their daily lives when you're controlling the other too. They say we could find them in interesting situations when we switch back, lol.

This is the part that excites me the most. Every time you switch characters, you'll never no what situations you might be getting into.

Seanspeed

Banned

Some of you might enjoy cars handling like boats, but if they're going for a more realistic driving model(which they were), getting rid of that excessive understeering was necessary, sorry. I cant wait to have more neutral-balanced cars and I think even people who liked GTAIV's driving will still like it, assuming they've kept the underlying physics.

dreamfall

Also really glad they fixed the car handling. I knew I was right about how awful it was :D

I love the driving in IV. It'll be nice to be a little more grounded- a nice refinement of IV , but nothing like the last gen iterations.

paischtu

Neo Member
I don't know about the always switchable main character. Also a menu to change it, would have expected something different.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Praise the lord! Finally this guy likes something.

Reiko

Banned
I honestly don't like the idea for the three characters having different 'skill sets'.
I can see not wanting them to be exactly the same but if you EVER end of in a situation (even once) where you have a character in a position where they aren't suited, or aren't AS suited to do something I think the whole idea is a failure.

Do devs making your favourite stealth games easier mean the people who hates your hardcore mechanics were right all along?

Something to think about ;)

Sounds incredible. The detail and scale of the world alone is ambitious as hell. And fortunately, it sounds like they're doing everything possible to fill it with a ton of fun stuff to do, as well as completely overhauling the single player to be much more engaging and fun.

lantus

I don't know, a lot of the info leading up to GTA IV sounded great on paper too. Lets see if they pull the same stunt again by not showing any gameplay until the game is released. That all does sound good though, I'm just not going to get too excited over it.

Top Bottom