• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Raptomex

Holy shit everything sounds great, I'm really impressed.

Also really glad they fixed the car handling. I knew I was right about how awful it was :D
I didn't think it was awful but I felt it could be tweaked a little more. A lot of times I felt like I was driving on ice.

For new page, BG pic on their GTA5 hub

V84SH.jpg

my new wallpaper, thanks!

Raptomex

So this switching disks thing for 360, is this confirmed or was it bullshit? If that choice of installing is true would I be able to play from one disk?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Will there be animals in the wilderness similar to RDR? That would be like the perfect cherry on top.

I want to say, I think there was a screenshot of people with backpacks, looking at a mountain in the distance. Had a feeling of "wilderness" or "non-city" to it. So survey says: Possibly yes!

So this switching disks thing for 360, is this confirmed or was it bullshit? If that choice of installing is true would I be able to play from one disk?

dude its bullshit, cmon lol.

btw, Frankie is the black guy right? and Michael the older white guy, and Trevor the dirty crazy jetski dude?

Piggus

I don't know, a lot of the info leading up to GTA IV sounded great on paper too. Lets see if they pull the same stunt again by not showing any gameplay until the game is released. That all does sound good though, I'm just not going to get too excited over it.

They've never shown gameplay for a GTA game since GTAIII leading up to release. At least not "gameplay" in the sense of final camera angles and hud, etc.

Lots of GAF hype for a game GAF will undoubtedly denigrate for years after the release.

It actually does surprise me, waiting for the "I don't like GTA 1, 2, hated 3, couldn't get into VC, SA suckd, IV was terrible, would I like GTA 5" posts.

I just want to see the scuba stuff, that sounds amazing.

• The three change outfits and rapell down the side of a skyscraper, when they arrive players take control of Michael rapelling down, the mechanic is reminiscent of Rainbow Six Vegas
• They extract the target by holding him hostage with one arm while pointing a gun at interrogators with the other, at that point an icon appears giving the player the option to switch character
• You can stay as Michael and try and pick of the enemies or select franklin, switch to his perspective and snipe them from afar.
• Transition is smooth and camera angle helps you adjust
• During the chase through Los Santos the player can switch to Trevor to pilot the getaway, snipe the other pilots as Franklin, or fire an assault rifle out the back of a chopper as Michael

Yeah, now I'm starting to feel how this could work.

I could see this working well in Multiplayer too, but I likely won't be touching that.

you know, with the whole 'bigger than GTAIV, RDR, and SA combined' including interiors thing, i really really wish they'd have some buyable properties.

;__________;

Seanspeed

Banned
Do devs making your favourite stealth games easier mean the people who hates your hardcore mechanics were right all along?

Something to think about ;)
The difficulty in GTAIV's driving was not skill-based, but more in how much patience you had for understeer. Fixing that does not mean they are dumbing anything down.

Anyone played Payday: The Heist? It's a good game, just needs more heists, so that sounds really cool. Hopefully they don't completely abandon the "open world" for those, and you can do the heists in different ways. Really excited for this.

jmizzal

I love the idea of switching between guys in missions and outside of missions

And the scale is gonna be so big, I can wait

Reiko

Banned
So it's bull? That's what your saying?

Edit: Ok I'm going to stick to the bullshit theory. I still say this game will be multiple disks if it's as big as they say.

Multiple discs can be for different reasons.

For example LA Noir has multiple discs on 360, but the actual city is not as big as GTA4.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Cool, I like the new info and the protagonist switching sounds really great. The only thing I didn't like was the article was really vague on pretty much all of the details and Dan Houser came across as not terribly confident in a lot of his quotes. He even said they were inexperienced and lacking skill in developing the plot/story, which I found odd. I think he was specifically referring to the 3 lead character structure though.

I really liked all the information about the world and the interview with art director Aaron Garbut was excellent. His description of the level of detail present everywhere was really beautiful.

Raptomex

So this gas trail thing is awesome. I want to be able to buy or find gas cans and just coat the streets, drop a match/zippo, walk away all casual.

I can also see a downside to having the characters do stuff while you aren't there. What if you want a character to actually be in a specific place when you go back to them? It's bound to happen.

The only thing I will Ding R* for is being TOO ambitious sometimes when it isn't needed. Every time a GTA comes out (at least from SA), they are always on about freeform this and dynamic that and sometimes it feels like they don't consider the details enough. Things like this - "The characters are thier own people and have real lives!!!!!" If they start wandering off it might not be a great idea.

Derrick01

Banned
Really glad to see them adding a bigger focus on side content.

The difficulty in GTAIV's driving was not skill-based, but more in how much patience you had for understeer. Fixing that does not mean they are dumbing anything down.

Yeah a badly made system that can be a pain in the ass to deal with is a lot different than me complaining about making the new Hitman linear and checkpoint filled, let's not even try to desperately play the hypocrite card here.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So this gas trail thing is awesome. I want to be able to buy or find gas cans and just coat the streets, drop a match/zippo, walk away all casual.

was just reading that part, picturing it in my head.

Whoa at those pictures.

i'm very bummed about it. apparently the motivation for all three characters to do crime is money, but to me i think properties are one of the best ways to show off your wealth, so it sucks that its not in there.

edit:
that screenshot of the mansion with the tennis court in the back yard made me think there was gonna be property buying :(

Buying property, as a crook, is the worst way to show off your wealth.

Good lord, that jet picture. Yum.

Yeah a badly made system that can be a pain in the ass to deal with is a lot different than me complaining about making the new Hitman linear and checkpoint filled, let's not even try to desperately play the hypocrite card here.

To many people that change is a lot better. The devs agree with them, so they're right and you're wrong.

Yup, I give it two years. Once GTA VI is out on the next gen consoles this game will look like a "quick, gotta make a game within the fiscal year" cash grab.

But it's gonna be fun :)

Totally, if there's one developer I equate "cashgrabs" with it's R* and if there is one series that is just completely whored out for those cashgrabs, it's GTA.

Top Bottom