• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishian

I am honestly suprised that they havent been snapped up yet by ms or sony.

At a fraction of the cost of western studios they could add great wrpgs to their stable which would give them loads of cred with hardcore gamers.
ibwNt0Zz996VG0.gif

Teknoman

I hate it when they make futuristic time so close to our time. 2077 is what, about 64 years from now? Yeah, lazers and space cars in 60 years.

Technology is moving pretty fast, look at our phones :p

Seriously though, DARPA and Boston Dynamics are already full steam ahead on the robo-animals front.

That being said, I really hope this has a Blade Runner esque soundtrack, or at least something really synth heavy.

99%

Yeah they dont want that I guess.

I was thinking that they could still release on pc then much like remedy...

*runs away*

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
^^^ I am excited about gameplay as well the graphics aren't to important for me it can look like witcher 2 and I'd be good as long as it draws me into the world with it's story.
This isn't supposed to turn in a "The Witcher 2 looks garbage" thread. It doesn't and it looks fine and I think Cyberpunk 2077 will look absolutely fine. I just hope they improve on the things that other games have done better when it comes to tech. The same way other games can learn from TW2.

TW2 being disappointing to me was purely an expectation thing where I was constantly told that it looks a full generational leap beyond what is currently on consoles and that's not what I personally got out of it.
(Again: I don't think it's because they are incapable of producing that, I think at some point budget is playing a role.)

Now I have different expectations and I hope for a more open world with less invisible walls with improved animations.

Dizzy-4U

This page is giving me a virus warning. Cyberpunk is already taking over GAF.

edit: Well, page 5 (50 post per page pleb represent).

Perkel

Banned
This is very old interview(i just discovered) and mostly unknown (right after they announced C2077) it's in Polish so not a lot of people know about it and this is interview like no other meaning nerd interviewer talks to nerd dev.

My translation of most important parts (i am not native ENG so sorry for spelling):

- both of them, interviewer and dev played themselves a lot Cyberpunk so all below are just two people who know things talking with each-other without PR or what is RPG journalistism approach.

- They talk a lot about setting. They are creating it strictly with Mike and it is not just shoddy work for game but this may end up in new PnP game if he (mike) decide to do one. As of timeline 2077 will be ingame time but all years 2020 included will be taken into account. Because of that they need to upgrade few things like 2020 future phones having max 20 people numbers, which was at time of creation 90' assumption which ultimately ended up totally false. Though this will be just update for things that just look out of place in their timeline. Also using 2077 doesn't mean that 2021-2076 didn't exist so Mike creates all lore and what happened between 2020 and 2077.

- As of game mechanics it will be direct direct implementation, not their own system. So expect same implementation of Cyberpunk system like BG,IW,PST did with 2nd AD&D system. There will be thing which will be changed because it is a game not PnP much like BG1/2 system changed but they want Cyberpunk system as their main gameplay with full implication of that. Which means that like in original Cyberpunk2020 talking stealing negotiating is most of the time more effective than shooting someone. Mike is directly involved in all above work to guarantee that they won't fuck it up. It usually goes like this: gameplay problem -> developer idea -> mike brainstorm with devs -> final output. Also they state that balanced some OP character classes.

- As of climate of game. They want Cyberpunk soul in their game. So things like Running on the edge, soul in machine and motives like that will be core aspect of Cyberpunk 2077.

- Game will be sandbox type. YES a sandbox game with right now confirmed night city without confirmation of other places. City will integrate some of most iconic places (like "Afterlife" club) but scale is yet unknown. When he was asked about how sandbox model. He said it is sandbox sandbox. So not sanbox instanced between acts like TW2. Sandbox like Fallout1/2/3 Skyrim etc.

- Interviewer (lol at this): "So it's like Fallout by Obsidian earlier Black Isle ? I'm not mentioning Betsheda because they can't do RPGs at all.

- Character creation will be up to player. So robust customization and main prot. is not predefined like Geralt.

injurai

Banned
I am honestly suprised that they havent been snapped up yet by ms or sony.

At a fraction of the cost of western studios they could add great wrpgs to their stable which would give them loads of cred with hardcore gamers.

lol.

Well Atari is happy to publish CDPR games, and now with GoG CDPR is sort of the second Valve. They are self-publishing Cyperpunk from what I have seen. I really hope they stay independent.

Technically they are a subsidiary of cdp.pl Sp. z o.o. which is similar to Bethesday and Zenimax

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
- As of game mechanics it will be direct direct implementation, not their own system. So expect same implementation of Cyberpunk system like BG,IW,PST did with 2nd AD&D system. There will be thing which will be changed because it is a game not PnP much like BG1/2 system changed but they want Cyberpunk system as their main gameplay with full implication of that. Which means that like in original Cyberpunk2020 talking stealing negotiating is most of the time more effective than shooting someone.Mike is directly involved in all above work to guarantee that they won't fuck it up. It usually goes like this: gameplay problem -> developer idea -> mike brainstorm with devs -> final output. Also they state that balanced some OP character classes.
PaAOt.gif

- Game will be sandbox type. YES a sandbox game with right now confirmed night city without confirmation of other places. City will integrate some of most iconic places (like "Afterlife" club) but scale is yet unknown. When he was asked about how sandbox model. He said it is sandbox sandbox. So not sanbox instanced between acts like TW2. Sandbox like Fallout1/2/3 Skyrim etc.
AU2Qh.gif

Thanks for the translation. Those things sound fantastic!

injurai

Banned

A game of endless night with wet streets. I dig.

Teknoman

Dunno if i'm alone in hoping for this, but I really want them to lower the number of side quests available, and make the ones that are included, interesting and diverse.

One of my biggest dislikes about current day RPGs is that they seem to inundate you with sidequests...to the point that you just get too sidetracked from the main story.

injurai

Banned
Dunno if i'm alone in hoping for this, but I really want them to lower the number of side quests available, and make the ones that are included, interesting and diverse.

One of my biggest dislikes about current day RPGs is that they seem to inundate you with sidequests...to the point that you just get too sidetracked from the main story.

They can add as many as they can as long as each one is flushed out and worth while.

Perkel

Banned
As of sandbox i think they may go with :

A Fallout1/2 approach so there will be places that you can freely move in like cities in Fallout1/2 and when you move between them you are on map of city (maybe some random encouters ?) This approach really help with delivering more focused content and you don't need mindblowing budget for asset creation.
B Bloodlines approach. My favorite. Render a lot of city giving you chance to explore it more but make points of interest very close to each other.

There is C option (full render of city) but we know it is almost impossible from design and budget side)

Option A favors top down/isometric perspective (to deliver vast spaces without including smaller details)
Option B favors TPP/FPP approach and by far can deliver most focused story and gameplay (much like TW2 did)

Sentenza

One of my biggest dislikes about current day RPGs is that they seem to inundate you with sidequests...to the point that you just get too sidetracks away from the main story.
Can't say I agree at all. Well, not entirely at least.
On one side, the more sidequests the better. I don't care if they go even widely far from the main plot as long as they are fun and engaging and involve a lot of NPC/world interaction.
On the other hand, sidequests seem to be a lost art for many RPG developers these days, with very few exceptions (Piranha Bytes, to name one).

I mean, if they must be trivial and boring like those in Mass Effect 3, Kingdom of Amalur or Skyrim, of course I can do without them.

Perkel

Banned

They did that already with TW1-->TW2 They droped all stupid quests and leaved only handfull of noticeboard quests. Sidequest fot buffed up and even simple killing mobs (like nekkers) include something more than kill xx of mob. In nakkers case blowing up their nests.

Sentenza

They did that already with TW1-->TW2 They droped all stupid quests and leaved only handfull of noticeboard quests. Sidequest fot buffed up and even simple killing mobs (like nekkers) include something more than kill xx of mob. In nakkers case blowing up their nests.
Well, that was a start to not make them completely dumb, but let's aim a bit higher than that.
They can do better. Others already did better.

Teknoman

They can add as many as they can as long as each one is flushed out and worth while.

Can't say I agree at all. Well, not entirely at least.
On one side, the more sidequests the better. I don't care if they go even widely far from the main plot as long as they are fun and engaging and involve a lot of NPC/world interaction.
On the other hand, sidequests seem to be a lost art for many RPG developers these days, with very few exceptions (Piranha Bytes, to name one).

I mean, if they must be trivial and boring like those in Mass Effect 3, Kingdom of Amalur or Skyrim, of course I can do without them.

Yeah thats pretty much what I was going for. Witcher 2 was a big improvement, so I guess there really isnt much to worry about.

Perkel

Banned
Well, that was a start to not make them completely dumb, but let's aim a bit higher than that.
They can do better. Others already did better.

They already did it as i said. Almost all side quests are fully fleshed quests not just another bring me x something.

OOOOODRIIIIIINNNNN.

O missed in TW2 quests from TW1 which involved drinking (especially old hag)

Sentenza

They already did it as i said. Almost all side quests are fully fleshed quests not just another bring me x something.
Yeah, I know what they did. I played the game myself.
I'm saying it's not enough.

Beside, not everything they ditched was for the better.

Type2

Its tough for me to pinpoint a moment in the recent years of gaming where I have been overtaken by hype like this! I hope they partner up with Platige again for some cinematics.

TimmiT

This better not be some CG bullshit. Hopefully its a gameplay trailer.

Seeing how the game is still early in development, I think it'll probably be a CG trailer. I wouldn't mind a CG trailer too much anyway, as I'd like to see what the game's world will be like.

Eideka

Banned
The sad thing is that it will probably be some kind of lame 30seconds teaser.

I would not expect any gameplay at this point.

FACE

Banned
I'm trying not to be insanely hyped for this since it's two years away, but I'm failing miserably at that.

Vaporak

But TW2 didn't even have that many side quests?

Glad to have a date to look forward to.

krishian

The sad thing is that it will probably be some kind of lame 30seconds teaser.

I would not expect any gameplay at this point.
Bit soon for gameplay, yeah, but also probably too soon for them to spend big on CGI. Not sure what to expect, but I'm still hyped as hell.

Violater

If it is indeed a CGtrailer I hope it to be somewhat indicative of the gameplay and not 25 seconds of dubstep followed by a 2 second fade to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom