• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty | Review Thread

nowhat

May as well set your expectation more realistically and other than the improvements on the gameplay level or additions to the mechanics, the visuals are more or less a PC feature that is making the more incremental upgrade.
Oh I'm concerned about the performance rather than the bling, latter will obviously be superior on a decent PC. But we'll see in a few hours. It sure can't be worse than previous gen at launch... (hope I don't jinx it)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Oh I'm concerned about the performance rather than the bling, latter will obviously be superior on a decent PC. But we'll see in a few hours. It sure can't be worse than previous gen at launch... (hope I don't jinx it)

ewIJJkn.jpg
ewIJJkn.jpg

I agree and your avatar does too

Last edited:
CDPR's horrible sin was that they tried to be trans inclusive:

- include dick options in character creation
- include a trans NPC in game
- cater to LGBT audience in romance options
- putting trans people in ads to normalize being trans

But apparently they did it wrong with the last one, so they got cancelled.

But only this game because they make too good games.
Don’t forget the flag on the car bumper.

Kenpachii

I’m expecting it to drop around 1pm EDT, so roughly 4 hours from now.

Thanks, is the expansion also a on its self standing product or u gotta complete the main story to play it? i yet have to start, i only benched the game never played it fully through. Would be nice to just start straight on the dlc.

Kacho

Thanks, is the expansion also a on its self standing product or u gotta complete the main story to play it? i yet have to start, i only benched the game never played it fully through. Would be nice to just start straight on the dlc.
It’s an expansion that adds a new area to the world. You can access it midway through the base game. Not sure the exact level requirement.

Kacho

Tuesday?
Update V2 is supposed to release today. Is it different for consoles?
No, but outlets were saying they can't use their own footage until Tuesday. They're being forced to use footage CDPR provided, so Tuesday is when I expect to see details about performance from the big sites.

I dunno. This release is weird with the patch and expansion dropping within a few days of each other.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
does 2.0 make any technical improvements to the base game on the consoles?
Almost certainly, but they're just not going to be as dramatic as what's being done on PC. But this is a huge update, there are going to be tons of bug fixes and optimizations, it's just the sort of thing that you won't notice because not noticing is the point.

Topher

Gold Member
No, but outlets were saying they can't use their own footage until Tuesday. They're being forced to use footage CDPR provided, so Tuesday is when I expect to see details about performance from the big sites.

I dunno. This release is weird with the patch and expansion dropping within a few days of each other.

That is weird. Update is today so people will be able to see for themselves, but outlets can't show until Tuesday?

Tunned

I got a 54GB update to my base game yesterday on GOG, everything seems to be exactly the same though. Or are they making us download Phantom Liberty to update the base game?

Sethbacca

So without me having to go through 500 pages of comments here, does this expansion coincide with the main storyline or is it totally a separate thing? I never got around to CP2077 but am thinking now is the time, I'm just debating whether to buy Phantom Liberty ahead of playing through it.

Mortisfacio

So without me having to go through 500 pages of comments here, does this expansion coincide with the main storyline or is it totally a separate thing? I never got around to CP2077 but am thinking now is the time, I'm just debating whether to buy Phantom Liberty ahead of playing through it.

It takes place middle of the main story, as a separate thing. You can either start a new game and get to the "voodoo boys" part and unlock it, it will give an option to bypass and just start PL or you can jump back into a game and start PL if you have a game past the voodoo boys/beat the game already.

Only thing really confirmed to impact the main game is there's an option for an additional main story ending through the PL story.

Hugare

That is weird. Update is today so people will be able to see for themselves, but outlets can't show until Tuesday?
Only for the expansion, to avoid spoilers

does 2.0 make any technical improvements to the base game on the consoles?
CDPR dev mentioned better FSR resolution only.

I haven’t seen anything. IGN said the console versions had issues but didn’t provide details. Gonna have to wait until Tuesday.
IGN mentioned a few drops when in performance mode, if I'm not mistaken. Nothing major aside from that

Sethbacca

It takes place middle of the main story, as a separate thing. You can either start a new game and get to the "voodoo boys" part and unlock it, it will give an option to bypass and just start PL or you can jump back into a game and start PL if you have a game past the voodoo boys/beat the game already.

Only thing really confirmed to impact the main game is there's an option for an additional main story ending through the PL story.
Thanks, so yeah i'll probably just drop the $30 and play it as part of my base playthrough as a cohesive thing then.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's accessible during the main story. Completing it with certain criteria can impact the ending of the main game.

GHG

Nvidia have just released new drivers for this:

Game Ready for Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games supporting DLSS 3.5 technology and DLSS Ray Reconstruction including Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Further support for new titles leveraging NVIDIA DLSS technology includes the launch of Warhaven and Witchfire which support DLSS 3, as well as the arrival of Party Animals which supports DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex technology.

Fixed Gaming Bugs

• N/A

Fixed General Bugs

• [Octane Render]: intersection shaders cause slowdown in performance [4164876]
  • [Octane Render]: inconsistent behavior and broken motion keys using TLAS with numKeys=2 [4088077]

Top Bottom