• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty | Review Thread

Mortisfacio

What builds ya'all going? I'm firing up a new game right now thinking of going netrunner/stealth, but gorilla arms and blades build looks so cool too now with the extra moves and finishers...

Ginzeen

Banned
im not playing the 2.0 update until they release Phantom Liberty. It sucks that it comes out on a Monday. Friday would of been beautiful.

Certinty

I’m in.

Played through the main game at launch and whilst it’s the buggiest game i’ve ever played, I still had a ton of fun.

I’ve wanted to jump back in since but couldn’t be bothered with replaying the story.

Great to hear this new campaign is great and the improvements to everything else are just a bonus.

pasterpl

My pc is ready. Will try on my Xbox series x but I suspect to fully appreciate this game it should be played on pc.

What builds ya'all going? I'm firing up a new game right now thinking of going netrunner/stealth, but gorilla arms and blades build looks so cool too now with the extra moves and finishers...

In my first play through I did a jack-of-all trades, in the second I did a katana-only build, and in this, my third, I've finally decided to concentrate on tech and intelligence and see where that gets me. I want to roleplay as the Major from GiTS...

I've already planned my fourth character - a pure body build who uses a hammer. The new perks in that tree look sick.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Is the old New Zealand trick going to work for Phantom Liberty today?

Looks like it will not:

F6TyTIfXIAAygwl

GHG

Happy with the performance and look of the skill tree in 2.0 from what I've played so far so just pre-ordered the expansion on Steam.

Don't let me down this time CDPR.

Zheph

I am nearly done with 2.0 and I don't think its that much different from first time experience on PS5 minus the bugs
Looking forward the DLC

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So how are you guys finding 2.0 on the main game to be (PS5)?

I played the full game on PC, with medium settings, and recently decided to try out the trial on PS5.

It plays really well on performance mode and game looks beautiful, and playing this on my 65" TV instead of my tiny PC screen is a gamechanger too.

Already run into a couple of bugs and weird glitches though, nothing major.

skneogaf

I'm going to restart the whole game when this comes out and only play this game till I've finished it.

I've been in and out of the regular game due to the constant patches and improvements but I believe it's time to play start to finish.

Katajx

Gold Member

I played the full game on PC, with medium settings, and recently decided to try out the trial on PS5.

It plays really well on performance mode and game looks beautiful, and playing this on my 65" TV instead of my tiny PC screen is a gamechanger too.

I think it’s really good, and probably works better than ever. For me it’s mostly the HDR is much better.

I hadn't touched this in a long time until starting a new game a couple days ago. No more Bethesda-style trash loot everywhere plus ripperdocs all carrying the same inventory are huge QOL wins. I was screwing with netrunner until watching Shroud for a bit last night. Nothing but Sandevistan, Kerenzikov, shotguns, ARs, and SMGs for me now. Everything is so smooth. So dynamic. I don't know what I was thinking turning this into an RTS with quickhacks.

Last edited:

nikos

I just finished the main campaign. Played when the game first released, then here and there, but never finished it.

Decided to start over with 2.0 and was pretty much glued to it. Game ended up melting time away. From what I'm reading, the path I chose actually got me the "best" ending, which is nice.

Really excited to get into this. Not going near any reviews since it's an instant buy from me and it's out in a few hours anyway but glad to see good numbers.

nowhat

Is it as buggy as the original game at launch on a PS4 Pro? Fuck no.

But I've met some bugs still. Nothing too major, but twice I've had the "Area: hostile" marker stay on the minimap no matter what, forcing me to restart. Once a door stopped working, so I had to reload a previous auto-save (luckily the game auto-saves very often). I just had a situation where I was like semi-crouched - no really, even the indicator was me both standing and being crouched. So my movement speed was normal but my turning speed was reeeally slow. Saul was talking to me and Panam, with an assault rifle still in his hand. Later on watched a bunch nomads have a tailgating party, around a truck that was levitating about a meter above ground.

So yeah, it doesn't crash or anything. And the performance is actually pretty decent (FSR 2 can look nasty at times though). But 100% bug-free it is not. Still, looking forward to trying the expansion in a few hours.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I am nearly done with 2.0 and I don't think its that much different from first time experience on PS5 minus the bugs
Looking forward the DLC

Story is the same, cinematic bore (for the most part). I was disappointed that they didn't take advantage of their new police / car chase AI in main missions were it would make 100% logical sense. Oh, well.

But in terms of gameplay... the difference is fucking huge. I love the new perk/skill tree, gear, cyberwear and loot system. Changes to the game in this regard are 10/10. I am hooked, again.

Luipadre

I started a new game with 2.0 and im baffled by how much better the female V voice acting is in this game. My first playthrough was male V

Last edited:

Flabagast

I started a new game with 2.0 and im baffled by how much better the female V voice acting is in this game. My first playthrough was male V
Yeah, this is no hasard if CDPR started using only FemV in marketing communication since the release on next gen.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Story is the same, cinematic bore (for the most part). I was disappointed that they didn't take advantage of their new police / car chase AI in main missions were it would make 100% logical sense. Oh, well.

But in terms of gameplay... the difference is fucking huge. I love the new perk/skill tree, gear, cyberwear and loot system. Changes to the game in this regard are 10/10. I am hooked, again.

They haven't changed the Kerry side mission when the cops start chasing you for 5 seconds and then leave? That is fucking stupid if true.

Certinty

Is that an option for the game to explain the controls and everything again for the expansion? Been a good few years since i’ve jumped in.

Spyxos

Gold Member
And I thought it was only in the German version like that. The first time Jonny showed up and V talked to him, it sounded like the two of them were in different rooms all the time, and in general the V didn't sound like he had any interest in what is happening to him.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Finished the main story, how do you get back to do the side stuff? my save is locked at just before the ending, u gotta reload a long while back or how does this work

Top Bottom