• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community Thread: Green Hills and Laughing Iizukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm calling bs on it because it reads like a wish list.

Oh yeah, who's ready for this? (you know, the movie that's out on the 9th)

EYIMH.jpg

Soundtrack Bandcamp Page (you can listen to it here)

Noi

Because SE sent a C/D for the CT games (that CT 3D game... well, I didn't hear a lot of great things about the team developing that, tbh), and Sega sent a C/D for the SoR game.

So because 3 games get a cease and desist order, all of them do! Also, all fan game are terrible! *eyeroll*

Street Fighter X Mega Man didn't help that perception at all.

qq more

Just read the whole Propel thingamajiger on TSSZ; not holding my breathe. Dimensions sounded like pure fan-fiction, this just sounds too good to be true.

Who knows though? I would of have thought the same if someone were to told me Classic Sonic was gonna be in the next Sonic game before Generations was announced!

Then again Reddit/TSSZ

:(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hope the redesign of Sonic in Propel is as cool as the new Dante. :)
The description honestly read like it was describing the Sonic Nendoroid they released a while back.

nendoroid-sonic-figurm3ivg.jpg

Noi said:
Street Fighter X Mega Man didn't help that perception at all.
And yet there's still a lot of great fangames out there that people don't really try out. Wonder if we should make SAGE 2013 thread this year. :|

qq more

Honestly, I would be happy if they went with that Nendoroid design. Sonic always looked weird as tall. Hedgehogs are suppose to be short, not tall!

And yet there's still a lot of great fangames out there that people don't really try out. Wonder if we should make SAGE 2013 thread this year. :|
I can imagine many pages about debating C&D lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Honestly, I'd love if they develop a full-retail "New Sonic the Hedgehog" game. Like for the Wii U would be cool.

* Featuring Classic Designs, no dialogue (but perhaps let the characters make some kind of noises), and the main "plot" told through voiceless cut-scenes like in the old Sonic games.

* Play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and they all play through the same courses but have different routes accessible like in Sonic 3. Sonic has the "spinslash" thing from Sonic 3 and is the fastest, Tails can fly and swim, and Knuckles can glide and climb walls. Power-ups return, the Fire, Bubble, and Electric, maybe some new ones.

* 16 Zones, 2 Acts each. First Act has a Mini-Boss (a giant Badnik), Second Act has a Boss. There's the Zone-to-Zone/Act-to-Act Segue's like in Sonic 3.

* 8 Chaos Emeralds, 1 in every odd-numbered Zone. And 5 Red Rings hidden in each Act that unlocks bonus content, like the Star Coins in Mario and the Puzzle Pieces in Donkey Kong. Some Red Rings require using the other characters, so there's replay value.

* Plot is simply Eggman being Eggman, but halfway through the game Metal Sonic takes over, and unleashes various "Metal Sonic" prototypes in Eggman's Lab. The main bosses in the last half would be the Metal Sonic prototypes with unique abilities.

* Multiplayer, with Co-Op and Versus, utilizing the Wii U Tablet for Player 2. In Co-Op, the second player can be one of the other characters, and plays through the level alongside Player 1...using the Wii U Tablet, he doesn't have to worry about getting shoved off-screen, and there's a "help" button to warp him back to Player 1. There'd be special team-up moves too, like Knuckles could carry the other player when he climbs, and Tails could lift them up. Sonic, I guess, could perhaps use his spin-dash to slingshot them. In Versus, the players play the same stage, but their own "version" of each stage...Player 2 uses the Wii U tablet to do this. The players never interact, but instead race to the finish, and can see each other as a "ghost".

* Using the Miiverse, players can drop hints at Checkpoint Signposts for other players, and Times for Acts can be shared online. Players can then race those times on their own, like in a racing game, against "ghosts".

BlackJace

Honestly, I'd love if they develop a full-retail "New Sonic the Hedgehog" game. Like for the Wii U would be cool.

* Featuring Classic Designs, no dialogue (but perhaps let the characters make some kind of noises), and the main "plot" told through voiceless cut-scenes like in the old Sonic games.

* Play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and they all play through the same courses but have different routes accessible like in Sonic 3. Sonic has the "spinslash" thing from Sonic 3 and is the fastest, Tails can fly and swim, and Knuckles can glide and climb walls. Power-ups return, the Fire, Bubble, and Electric, maybe some new ones.

* 16 Zones, 2 Acts each. First Act has a Mini-Boss (a giant Badnik), Second Act has a Boss. There's the Zone-to-Zone/Act-to-Act Segue's like in Sonic 3.

* 8 Chaos Emeralds, 1 in every odd-numbered Zone. And 5 Red Rings hidden in each Act that unlocks bonus content, like the Star Coins in Mario and the Puzzle Pieces in Donkey Kong. Some Red Rings require using the other characters, so there's replay value.

* Plot is simply Eggman being Eggman, but halfway through the game Metal Sonic takes over, and unleashes various "Metal Sonic" prototypes in Eggman's Lab. The main bosses in the last half would be the Metal Sonic prototypes with unique abilities.

* Multiplayer, with Co-Op and Versus, utilizing the Wii U Tablet for Player 2. In Co-Op, the second player can be one of the other characters, and plays through the level alongside Player 1...using the Wii U Tablet, he doesn't have to worry about getting shoved off-screen, and there's a "help" button to warp him back to Player 1. There'd be special team-up moves too, like Knuckles could carry the other player when he climbs, and Tails could lift them up. Sonic, I guess, could perhaps use his spin-dash to slingshot them. In Versus, the players play the same stage, but their own "version" of each stage...Player 2 uses the Wii U tablet to do this. The players never interact, but instead race to the finish, and can see each other as a "ghost".

* Using the Miiverse, players can drop hints at Checkpoint Signposts for other players, and Times for Acts can be shared online. Players can then race those times on their own, like in a racing game, against "ghosts".

?

A throwback to Sonic The Fighters?

Nice ideas though. I've always thought the series needed a "refresh" of sorts.

Anth0ny

*full length game with a big budget that looks and plays like the 2D stages in Generations

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, are there only 7 Chaos Emeralds? For some reason I thought 8. :p

Never mind, 14 Acts than, but maybe some bonus Acts in the end-game (and perhaps some flying levels paying homage to that Sky Zone Level in Sonic 2?)

And yes, looking like Sonic Generations is a MUST.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Considering PSO2 is running on a modified Hedgehog Engine, I don't see them changing the look/graphics engine for the mainline Sonic games, unless they've decided to use some other graphics engine in the future.

It's too bad the guy who worked on it is at Square-Enix now. Doing probably nothing. Maybe working on FF14.

Hey, is Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed using the Hedgehog Engine? It almost seems that way.

qq more said:
I can imagine many pages about debating C&D lol
Sigh.

You guys never got C&D'd for Emerald Ties, right? I don't think Sega's out to get everyone who participates in SAGE either. I don't think they really care.

qq more

Considering PSO2 is running on a modified Hedgehog Engine, I don't see them changing the look/graphics engine for the mainline Sonic games, unless they've decided to use some other graphics engine in the future.

It's too bad the guy who worked on it is at Square-Enix now. Doing probably nothing. Maybe working on FF14.

Hey, is Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed using the Hedgehog Engine? It almost seems that way.

Sigh.

You guys never got C&D'd for Emerald Ties, right? I don't think Sega's out to get everyone who participates in SAGE either. I don't think they really care.
Obviously, we never did (otherwise I would of have sided with the C&D-believing crazies). And I used to follow fan gaming a lot (and I do have a friend who keeps me up to date about Sonic even when I stopped caring the franchise for a period of time) and yet never heard of a Sonic fan game getting C&D'd.

I mean even Sonic CD 2011 originated as a fan game! I think Sega has at least acknowledge the existence of them. In fact, Jun praised Before The Sequel's OST!

Noi

I think it's more that fan games aren't really promoted in general, so on the very rare occasion that a company does a C&D, it gets noted by everyone. That's when the people looking on go "oh, this fangame had so much potential, shame on X for shutting it down!". Eeeven when it's not always the case.

ShadiWulf

someone fluent in japanese fully translated the rumor, take a look if your curious. I personally think its possible, maybe. I mean, SEGA expects a major Sonic game out of Sonic Team every 2 years. So I could just see this being a throw away project to bide more time for Sonic Team's next-gen masterpiece. (lol, talking from Iizuka's POV here, this rumor doesn't sound like something he would like at all).

I look foward to iizuka-san's next gen masterpiece with real time lighting calculations to give Sonic more presence. He might even name it Sonic Adventure 3.

*Propel is a working title
*360, ps3 will be launched first, As for the wii version, it will be launched later
*Will be developed by Sonic team's Sonic Colors segment
*There is no indication it will be released for the next Microsoft and Sony units
*As for the success of the Sonic CD digital re-release, more realistic, Propel's art direction will be inspired by this
*As for Sonic's model, some of repetive elements from old classic and modern era like short stiff spines, slinder arms and legs and round body... to a certain extent will be modified
*A generation mechanics featuring slow geared development for more punctual distribution and abundant fine tuning, will be utilized
*The frequently enhanced "Hedgehog Engine", will be implemented in things like better illumination as well as motion blur
*Minimal plot
*As for eggman, 5 unique metal sonics, each with a unique design and functionality will be deployed
*Will probably do a Death Egg that reboots
*A dramatic decrease in interactivity, no more action based cut-scenes
*Eggman will speak abundantly more than the other characters
*Placing emphasis on stage investigation
*Assisting hidden characters in the stage, you can do this as a power-up options similar to flying that could open secret passage ways...
*Tales, in the way of Sonic 4, character fly ability assist function...
*Although you progress via Shadow the Hedgehog style forking levels, depending on several goal rings, it may be an inaccessible landmark(?)
*3 act level structure. When reaching any goal ring, decides the next place you start at in the next act. Whichever rings you obtain determines changes to the cut scene and story progression, as well will slightly alter the boss stage.
*When you hit a rank, there are are 3 hidden challenge deeds
*First stage is Evergreen Escapade
*As for the optional chaos emerald, for gathering all of those you must take different routes and it is necessary to do several theatres (playthrough?)...
*After emeralds are gathered up, you can do super sonic in all leve
*Secret Final Battle when all emeralds are gathered up
*Easy, Medium, Hard degree of difficulty mode, hint bubble as well as warnings/advice can be disabled.
*3DS version is being developed by means of DIMPS
*In the 3DS version, will use an entirely new graphic engine
*In 3DS version, primarily in 2D, via the touch pad control 3D segment shift
*3DS version differing story development
*In 3DS's both version, Tails however is subtited as an assist character

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.p...the-new-game&p=7764561&viewfull=1#post7764561

Sigh.

I personally think PSO2 is powered by Hedgehog Engine, but people always tell me im wrong when I say such :p i mean it looks just like it...

ASR Transformed is powered by a new sumo digital engine that they built. I think the reason you think it might be the hedgehog engine is because it's got good lighting and recycles textures that sonic team has used.

Anyone who says Lost Levels isn't hard is crazy...or just crazy good. I swear I lost 30 lives alone on Castle 5

And this choose the right path or the game flips you off castle level is really ticking me off here. If I hear another sound that tells me I screwed up...

I gotta admit that the main levels aren't toooooo bad to suffer through but those castle levels are just evil. And I've gone worlds without a mushroom...does Big Mario exist? What about the Fire Flower?

Sonic Propel was confirmed fake by the guy who originally posted it on Reddit.

I was skeptical about it personally but I admit that it sounded more plausible than some of the rumors that have been floated down.

Downloadable Dikembe?! That's fantastic.

As for Frog Fractions, I believe it's browser-only for now, but I could see that changing with the attention it's gotten.

TimmiT

Sigh.

I personally think PSO2 is powered by Hedgehog Engine, but people always tell me im wrong when I say such :p i mean it looks just like it...

ASR Transformed is powered by a new sumo digital engine that they built. I think the reason you think it might be the hedgehog engine is because it's got good lighting and recycles textures that sonic team has used.
For one, they had already changed the graphical effects used in Generations from Unleashed. ASRT uses Sumo's own engine IIRC. Good lightning and recycled textures aren't a Hedgehog Engine exclusive thing. I don't think PSO2 is even made by Sonic Team. (or at least their logo isn't used)

I think Unleashed and Generations look good because they have good art styles, not because they have an (at this time) aged graphics engine attached to it.

qq more

I was skeptical about it personally but I admit that it sounded more plausible than some of the rumors that have been floated down.

Not surprised. I wish people can stop reporting shit from Reddit because it's no different than /v/ and any other 4chan shit.

BHZ Mayor

Honestly, I would be happy if they went with that Nendoroid design. Sonic always looked weird as tall. Hedgehogs are suppose to be short, not tall!

I'd be happy with that design if only that meant bringing back item boxes, shields, and possibly the spin dash.

Reminds me of when, after Unleashed, some "Wentos" guy came onto /v/ and started claiming that Sega was considering a total retro throwback title immediately after it.

Cue Sonic 4 and Generations.

I'd be up for one, provided staff doesn't mind it.

Actually, Freedom Planet is apparently heading to Kickstarter soon. Maybe that's thread-worthy? It's kind of like a Sonic fangame that's slowly been becoming more and more not-fangame. Kind of like how Fifty Shades of Gray was a Twilight fanfic that went original and hit it big, except Freedom Planet is actually good.

Sigh.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 hasn't gotten any C&Ds, if that matters. And considering it's a game that was once headed by the guy behind SegaSonic.Net, which was C&D'd...

ShadiWulf

For one, they had already changed the graphical effects used in Generations from Unleashed. ASRT uses Sumo's own engine IIRC. Good lightning and recycled textures aren't a Hedgehog Engine exclusive thing. I don't think PSO2 is even made by Sonic Team. (or at least their logo isn't used)

I think Unleashed and Generations look good because they have good art styles, not because they have an (at this time) aged graphics engine attached to it.

Well, that's what I said. ASR Transformed is powered by a new Sumo Digital engine, I never said it was made by Sonic Team. Just that's obviously re-using textures that Sonic Team used in Generations.

PSO is Sonic Team. Satoshi Sakai is Sonic Team. I don't know why SEGA stopped using the Sonic Team logo on non-Sonic games, branding reasons i guess.. but PSO2 is very much Sonic Team.

Anyways, I guess it doesn't surprise me that rumor is fake, even though it sounds like something that could possibly happen, it doesn't sound like something Iizuka-san would ever allow to happen. It sounds like something he would absolutely despise! :p

iavi

That's what it looks like on the Amazon listing too, so it's probably the one I'll get. No idea about the other ones I posted then. The JP ones, maybe.

Well, the image has a European Mega Drive 2 in the back (and maybe 1; that might be a Japanese model, it's hard to tell), so maybe it's the European cover?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My book's going to look like the one that Pietepiet has. Maybe it's a European / Commonwealth thing. Canada's still part of the Commonwealth.

US probably gets their own special cover.

I told you guys it read like a bs wish list in Japanese!

Sonic Robo Blast 2 hasn't gotten any C&Ds, if that matters. And considering it's a game that was once headed by the guy behind SegaSonic.Net, which was C&D'd...
Obviously, we never did (otherwise I would of have sided with the C&D-believing crazies). And I used to follow fan gaming a lot (and I do have a friend who keeps me up to date about Sonic even when I stopped caring the franchise for a period of time) and yet never heard of a Sonic fan game getting C&D'd.

I mean even Sonic CD 2011 originated as a fan game! I think Sega has at least acknowledge the existence of them. In fact, Jun praised Before The Sequel's OST!
Oh really? That's awesome. Good for the guys who worked on the soundtrack.

Didn't the case of SegaSonic.net moreso referred to the name of the website? It would've been a domain name issue. SSNTails.org seems less harmless less harmful (oh god how did this happen), so Sega isn't really going after that.

I think the only fan game that Sega notably shut down as the SoR game, though I can't think of the reasoning behind that. Sega probably would have shut down Sonic fan games a long time ago, but they haven't. Maybe because there's probably a ton of them out there now. Just as long as people aren't selling it to make a profit, I think they're fine with it. And I don't think anyone behind Emerald Ties, SRB2, etc. are planning to do that, are they? :p

I think it's more that fan games aren't really promoted in general, so on the very rare occasion that a company does a C&D, it gets noted by everyone. That's when the people looking on go "oh, this fangame had so much potential, shame on X for shutting it down!". Eeeven when it's not always the case.
Then I wonder where the whole "fan games are notoriously poo poo!" mentality comes from since people obviously get a little ticked when fangames they probably haven't even heard about before get C&D'd. Like, people tend to care whenever it's a game that either makes a graphical leap over the original, or they look like the original game only bigger or they have little additions.

The one that Capcom published probably didn't do anything good for the fan scene, but again, there are a bunch of other fan games (for any series) out there that are good.

I'd be up for one, provided staff doesn't mind it.

Actually, Freedom Planet is apparently heading to Kickstarter soon. Maybe that's thread-worthy? It's kind of like a Sonic fangame that's slowly been becoming more and more not-fangame. Kind of like how Fifty Shades of Gray was a Twilight fanfic that went original and hit it big, except Freedom Planet is actually good.
Someone else (I or anyone else in the thread who wish to do so) could probably make one when the time rolls around provided that they're not linked to any of the projects, I guess (last I checked I'm not linked to any of the projects, lol). Self-promotion is obviously frowned upon on GAF, so we'll see. The Mega Man fan game thread wasn't closed, right? Just as long as you have no links to the project or don't wish to self-promote, you can make the thread.

Or Sega1991 could make it since he was the one who started SAGE. :p

I posted about Freedom Planet earlier on in the thread somewhere, and I thought it was pretty good.

Let's not talk about the shit that is Twilight or Fifty Shades. >:|

Pietepiet said:
Work is being done on a downloadable for Dikembe. The site sadly had to be taken down :\
Yaaaaay! Now I can put it back on my list. :D

Tizoc said:
Fingers feeling better now? =3
Yup. Just got home so let me eat first and then I'll get on to editing. :)

Didn't the case of SegaSonic.net moreso referred to the name of the website? It would've been a domain name issue. SSNTails.org seems less harmless, so Sega isn't really going after that.
Maybe. I don't really remember the circumstances.

Also lol "less harmless"

Someone else (I or anyone else in the thread who wish to do so) could probably make one when the time rolls around provided that they're not linked to any of the projects, I guess (last I checked I'm not linked to any of the projects, lol). Self-promotion is obviously frowned upon on GAF, so we'll see. The Mega Man fan game thread wasn't closed, right? Just as long as you have no links to the project or don't wish to self-promote, you can make the thread.

Or Sega1991 could make it since he was the one who started SAGE. :p

I posted about Freedom Planet earlier on in the thread somewhere, and I thought it was pretty good.
I'm certainly not attached to any of the games being shown at SAGE, AFAIK. (For the record: as of writing, our plans for SRB2 do not involve SAGE at all. They involve fixing our broken netcode, first and foremost...)

I'm hesitant to start any threads, though; I do it really sparingly, since most of the time it was already posted here.

Plus I'm not entirely sure how GAF would respond to Freedom Planet. I mean, it's good, but despite Strife's best efforts, the characters still kinda feel like standard deviantART fare - and while my standards are fairly low in that regard, I worry it'll just get laughed at instead. Then again, the game's actually pretty fun; maybe they'll look past it.

If it wasn't obvious enough, I tend to worry too much about things.

Let's not talk about the shit that is Twilight or Fifty Shades. >:|
It was an analogy!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Maybe. I don't really remember the circumstances.

Also lol "less harmless"
Less harmful!
hbTpG.gif

I just got home after doing lots of calculations (ie: stats and that's my worst kind of math because I'm much better at calculus). Give me a break! ;___;

I'm certainly not attached to any of the games being shown at SAGE, AFAIK. (For the record: as of writing, our plans for SRB2 do not involve SAGE at all. They involve fixing our broken netcode, first and foremost...)

I'm hesitant to start any threads, though; I do it really sparingly, since most of the time it was already posted here.

Plus I'm not entirely sure how GAF would respond to Freedom Planet. I mean, it's good, but despite Strife's best efforts, the characters still kinda feel like standard deviantART fare - and while my standards are fairly low in that regard, I worry it'll just get laughed at instead. Then again, the game's actually pretty fun; maybe they'll look past it.

If it wasn't obvious enough, I tend to worry too much about things.
You don't worry a lot. Trust me. :p

Well, how did GAF respond to Dust? I think there's a sizable amount of people who genuinely liked it despite the artstyle. It's unfortunate that people respond to mascot platformers in that way because of a segment of people. I don't know if a Kickstarter thread for Freedom Planet would go over well either, tbh, given how gaming side can behave.

I only start threads when it's merited. And if the SAGE thread is merited, I'll start one up and put some effort into the OP. I'm planning on taking a summer vacation this year (omg, first one in 6 years I'm so excited!!!) so I'll have time. Just as long as people think it's worth it. We get a lot of "sega doesn't know what sonic fans want" on GAF, and the last few Sonic fangame threads went over well (outside of Sonic 2 HD's thread for obvious reasons), so maybe it would be nice to make one? I dunno. We'll know when the time comes.

If you feel like throwing something in about SRB2 in a SAGE thread (if it's created), then either you could do it or you could give someone else the info so he/she could post something in there.

It was an analogy!
Lies! I've read both. Ask me anything.

Less harmful!
hbTpG.gif

I just got home after doing lots of calculations (ie: stats and that's my worst kind of math because I'm much better at calculus). Give me a break! ;___;
Heh, no harm done. I just thought it was an amusing one - if you're gonna typo, amusing's the best way to go.

Well, how did GAF respond to Dust? I think there's a sizable amount of people who genuinely liked it despite the artstyle. It's unfortunate that people respond to mascot platformers in that way because of a segment of people.
Pretty well, actually. Helps that Noogy is a fairly well-known GAF member.

I don't know if a Kickstarter thread for Freedom Planet would go over well either, tbh, given how gaming side can behave.
It'd probably be premature. I should totally mention it in the established Kickstarter thread, though.

BTW, Strife put up another demo in advance of the Kickstarter. Same levels as the old demo, but with some touch-ups (and Carol has a bike now).

I only start threads when it's merited. And if the SAGE thread is merited, I'll start one up and put some effort into the OP. I'm planning on taking a summer vacation this year (omg, first one in 6 years I'm so excited!!!) so I'll have time. Just as long as people think it's worth it. We get a lot of "sega doesn't know what sonic fans want" on GAF, and the last few Sonic fangame threads went over well (outside of Sonic 2 HD's thread for obvious reasons), so maybe it would be nice to make one? I dunno. We'll know when the time comes.
Honestly, if I were taking a summer vacation, I'd try to refrain from making time-consuming OPs and such.

This is a lie. I spend a lot of my time on trips on message boards anyway. Lately using my cell phone, which is absolutely horrible for typing on - touchscreens, argh

Lies! I've read both. Ask me anything.
So you're saying it wasn't a Twilight fanfiction that branched off and became its own beast?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Heh, no harm done. I just thought it was an amusing one - if you're gonna typo, amusing's the best way to go.
Well, it's more hilarious since I'm editing Tizoc's review right now. :lol

Pretty well, actually. Helps that Noogy is a fairly well-known GAF member.

It'd probably be premature. I should totally mention it in the established Kickstarter thread, though.

BTW, Strife put up another demo in advance of the Kickstarter. Same levels as the old demo, but with some touch-ups (and Carol has a bike now).
Well, I guess being part of GAF would help... Still, I feel like some people aren't that superficial to like the game for its gameplay as opposed to concentrating on the character art design. Oh well. :|

Oh, I didn't know that. I'll have to try the demo out on the weekend, then.

Honestly, if I were taking a summer vacation, I'd try to refrain from making time-consuming OPs and such.

This is a lie. I spend a lot of my time on trips on message boards anyway. Lately using my cell phone, which is absolutely horrible for typing on - touchscreens, argh
This is the first summer (the first in 6 years) I'm taking off from school as well, so I figured I'd go all-out and take a vacation. I deserve one, dammit. >:O

Even when I took my vacation during winter break, I was still posting on GAF (and my bf and I were watching Giant Bomb videos). Working on an OP won't be so bad because I don't really go in-depth with GIMP or anything to make banners, so that's ok. It's just the text that takes some time to write.

So you're saying it wasn't a Twilight fanfiction that branched off and became its own beast?
If you were going to make a comparison, you probably should've used Gabriel's Inferno as an example, which was also a Twilight fanfic turned novel... only it's slightly better than 50 Shades.
I read a lot, so I've ended up having to read things my friends are into.

...actually, there are a lot of Twilight fanfics being turned into novels, like Beautiful Bastard.

And there's a Fifty Shades fanfic that got turned into a novel recently.

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS IS HAPPENING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom