• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Seems pretty unlikely that they would remove any way of signing in from the top of the page.

Not sure why the op would go to this trouble though.. I'm torn.

I also would also like the name Xbox. Same with Playstation.

artist

Banned
Yeah, put me into the camp of OP not wanting to account-suicide with a fake like this. It seems plausible yet so silly.

rouken

It's not even that impressive by current gen standards.

well given its a graphically competent game on a nintendo console, people will be amazed by it.

The Xbox could easily stay on the market for years to come. Of course it will keep declining, but the audience is there for the software and services.

I just know we'll be seeing COD downports every year until the end of 360's lifecycle

I really hope this isn't true, reverting back to the original name will mislead tons of people, it's already bad when Nintendo named their new console Wii U.

I actually liked the infinity name a lot, I hope they go with that.

Is it just me or does this look like an edited version of this page?
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertainment

begcyZi.png

I really hope this isn't true, reverting back to the original name will mislead tons of people, it's already bad when Nintendo named their new console Wii U.

Microsoft marketing isn't Nintendo marketing.

I think "The New Wii" probably would have been less confusing for the mass market, because it actually emphasises that it's a new console, rather than just a peripheral( the Wii already being littered with peripherals isn't helping it either)

Isn't that just the website from back when they first introduced the dashboard that we have now? Looks like their old website.

Other than the different looking Xbox logo.

Take note of the navigation bar to the top left-corner under the XBOX logo

YHsQ84j.png

Quickly reverted back to the original website after a refresh.

OP, you didn't happen to keep that page open? If you still have it open, you should copy the source code and put it on Pastebin so we could scour through it for any clues.

OP, you didn't happen to keep that page open? If you still have it open, you should copy the source code and put it on Pastebin so we could scour through it for any clues.
He said he refreshed the page.

Oh well, all I can say is I've made the same mistake as OP did. I almost got banned for saying Gears of War is releasing on PC, and the video was replaced to Army of Two clip. I refreshed it, luckily someone else saw it too and backed me up.

Here: OP is on his own. We'll find out in a few months if he was right.

He said he refreshed the page.

Oh well, all I can say is I've made the same mistake as OP did. I almost got banned for saying Gears of War is releasing on PC, and the video was replaced to Army of Two clip. I refreshed it, luckily someone else saw it too and backed me up.

Here: OP is on his own. We'll find out in a few months if he was right.

He refreshed it immediately? Damn...a missed opportunity there.

I still can't believe the OP 100% because of this, though.

This image could easily be faked.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know people have reason to doubt, but XBL going down + a history of very similar site test leaks is making the case for this being legit. A slight change in Xbox logo/text branding isn't impossible either, the most otherwise insignificant changes happen all the time.

you realize that you're the problem, right? this GIF is being spammed more so by people like you quoting it than it is people actually posting it

I thought posting that gif was bannable? maybe it's about context, but I remember a mod saying it was close to becoming a bannable offence.

He did post again. And he updated the OP. And he replied to my PM. I'm assuming he's asleep right now. But he didn't fake this.

I know I know...it's just that shadow of doubt I have in the back of my mind from years of elaborate pranks and trolls and whatnot.

There has to be independent confirmation (aka we have to have more info than just the OP "screengrabbing a glitched Xbox homepage," for me to take this seriously.

DJMicLuv

Jesus, OP!!

This is fucking MIND BLOWING SHIT right here! I literally just came blood in excitement, I shat a chicken, I'm going fucking SPARE! Fuck. I just can't sit still, I'm so pumped up right now. Who would have bet, two, three years ago that Microsoft would be naming their next console The New Xbox? Not even Michael Pachter saw that shit coming! Not even nostragoddamus could have predicted this MEGATON!

This just goes to show, once again, how fucking amazing video games are. If it weren't for video games in all their glorious myriad forms I fear I would have killed myself in an autoerotic asphyxiation scenario years ago with the police finding me dead in a cupboard with an apple in my mouth, a banana up my jacksie and dressed head to toe in sequined corduroy. God bless games, and god bless NeoGAF.

The word 'new' will be right there in the title in every ad.

Darryl

Banned
wasn't the guy from that one website doing the branding for Xbox? if so, this looks like something we'd see out of him

Mononoke

Banned
reddit now has a post on this. same guy?

Maybe my time is off but isn't this thread 6 hours old? Reddit link was posted 9 hours ago.

Picture is the same in both the reddit submission and OP. But again, looks like reddit link was posted 2 hours before this thread. I guess it could be the same person, buy why would OP wait 2 hours after finding it....

Link for those wondering:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17iz5t/noticed_a_new_logo_and_the_new_xbox_on_the_xbox/

And again, the screenshots are the same.

Top Bottom