• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

ekim

I have to laugh at the people who think just calling it the Xbox or the New Xbox is dumb and people will get confused. Obviously when someone walks into a store and says, "I'd like an Xbox," everyone will think they are trying to buy the original Xbox from early 2000s. Come on now...

Lot of my friends don't know that the current Xbox is named Xbox 360. They just call it xbox.

Version numbers in a product name is something of the previous decade (when everything was at least "2.0"). Everyone is dropping the version numbers, so just "XBox" is fine.

Squire

Banned
Lot of my friends don't know that the current Xbox is named Xbox 360. They just call it xbox.

And when they go the store they're either ask for "the new Xbox" or the clerk will assume that's what they want because chances are they'll be trying to sell those more than 360s.

It's a dumb point.

Mononoke

Banned
It could've been just a typo. This is the worst detective job ever.

Still think this is fake.

As we posted earlier, a Reddit submission showed up 2 hours before this thread - with the exact same picture.

I actually messaged the guy on Reddit, and he said he doesn't have an account on GAF, and noticed OP took it from his submission. So either way you spin it, we have a screencap from a guy no one knows (therefore we can't measure his credibility, like we could a long established member on here), and the member on here (OP) that re-posted this, lied and acted like it was his experience.

Either Reddit guy and OP are the same guy, or OP took someone else's submission and fudged the truth about it being his experience. Either way, looks to be fake.

Still think this is fake.

As we posted earlier, a Reddit submission showed up 2 hours before this thread - with the exact same picture.

I actually messaged the guy on Reddit, and he said he doesn't have an account on GAF, and noticed OP took it from his submission. So either way you spin it, we have a screencap from a guy no one knows (therefore we can't measure his credibility, like we could a long established member on here), and the member on here (OP) that re-posted this, lied and acted like it was his experience.

Either Reddit guy and OP are the same guy, or OP took someone else's submission and fudged the truth about it being his experience. Either way, looks to be fake.

Yeah, something seems off about this overall.

Mix that with the fake/fan font/logo stuff and I just don't know what to think.

Top Bottom