• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

lantus

aturjs.gif

I see, you must be discovering Transformer games for the first time huh?

x3sphere

I would hope no one would bother to fake the image in the OP. But anyway, Xbox.com is rather leaky, unannounced games have gotten outed through it in the past.

Bsigg12

I haven't completely taken off my skeptical hat, but I don't really think OP would bother lying about something so silly. But people have certainly lied and faked far more trivial things.

Lulls in game releases will cause severe boredom so while I'm skeptical, it is something so insignificant that it could be true. If it is, this could be a lot closer to announcement than we think.

SelfCon

I wonder if these people posting the X gifs have ever seen any Starhawk footage. That game has a lot of super-transformy shit in it too. Look it up. You may enjoy it.

Ah, so the prophecy is true! The Xbox will return to this earth!

Do not fear, my children, as the great Xboxing is at hand. The Xbox will replace all religions, philosophies, and ideologies. Parents will name their children Xbox. Eventually, all concepts and objects will be called Xbox. Finally, all matter in the cosmos will become one with the Xbox.

Do not resist, or one shall pay the Xbox Price.

blamite

"Xbox" really isn't enough to be the name. There needs to be something easier to say on the end.

Think of how much easier "three-sixty" rolls off the tongue compared to "xbox."

Apple choosing to go the "new iPad" route didn't matter because it's an Apple product. If the new Xbox gets called just that, it will be just as confusing as Wii/Wii U. New tablets are a little different than new gaming consoles....

It will have a name/number behind it.

Well, if we're going to bring up linear games focused on giving the player a "cinematic experience" as something comparable to a game that looks just as good and will probably have the same scale as Xenoblade, we can. I don't think it's a valid comparison though.
Just cause 2 looks just as good of not better

Zzoram

Call it Xbox 8 to match Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

Or maybe be clever and turn the 8 sideways and call it Xbox Infinity.

Zeal

Banned
OK, wait, the guy who intentionally made up the fake news and spread it about the new Xbox being called "Xbox" was actually....right? Or it was real insider info that he pretended was fake to expose media laziness?

inception.gif + mindblown.gif + itshappening.gif

WTF is going on. I didn't ask Microsoft for this!

OK, wait, the guy who intentionally made up the fake news and spread it about the new Xbox being called "Xbox" was actually....right? Or it was real insider info that he pretended was fake to expose media laziness?

inception.gif + mindblown.gif + itshappening.gif

WTF is going on. I didn't ask Microsoft for this!

Microsoft ninjas shut them all up.

So... is the general consensus real or fake?

I just don't see the OP faking this though unless it was account suicide.

Real or fake, I don't think it was (or would have been) what everyone thinks it was supposed to be, at best a labeling of something 360 related that they realized in hindsight implied something they didn't want it to imply.

it's been around for years and I still hate the name Xbox. x and b shouldn't be next to each other, microsoft. it's madness.

Calling it "the 360" this gen sounded so much better.

VT_Brian

Neo Member
So... is the general consensus real or fake?

I just don't see the OP faking this though unless it was account suicide.

I would have to guess that it's real with "New Xbox" representing the expansion of the Xbox branding to most of Microsoft's entertainment offerings and not the next generation console.

I actually think the "Xbox" name makes sense when you think about the "one box you'll ever need in the living room" strategy Microsoft is probably taking.

X - Box wherein X could be games, movies, music, browser, apps, TV recording, streaming, etc.

Top Bottom