• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

Untitled-8_zps016e26fb.jpg

Yup, the B is wrong.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So let me get this straight, OP didn't just fake the changing of the text but put a fake logo in as well?

Why do people keep using this GIF like it's something extraordinary? I guess it is if this is your first exposure to current-gen graphics.

I think it looks good (but not necessarily better than what we've seen before) and I play a ton of HD games. Then again, I think Star Wars 1313 and Watch Dogs look good but not necessarily better than what we've seen before.

Not sure why it's posted in every thread though.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Why do people keep using this GIF like it's something extraordinary? Well, I guess it is, if this is your first exposure to current-gen graphics

That's funny, I haven't seen anything on either current-gen console that comes close to that. Are you sure you didn't mean PC?

GrizzNKev

Banned
Yawn. I 100% did not photoshop or fake this. The joke would have been hilarious right now, except it's not a joke.

Just so you know, I believe you. XBL was down and people couldn't sign in on Xbox.com. Something was going on.

The Halo 4 logo was leaked exactly the same way on the exact same page before the game was announced.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Gatdamn DopeyFish, you know your fonts.

I believe the OP, only because if it is real, it doesn't really mean much.

Tagg9

Aw shit.

Biggest giveaway for me is that he only took a screenshot of a small section of the site. If it were real he would have screen capped the whole page.

I just assumed the OP had a shitty screen resolution and that was all he could see without scrolling.

NMFried

credit goes to NMFried

I just took all references and made an example showing the differences

Credit for everyone!

So maybe we should be trying to uncover someone at Microsoft for using this fake font now. I feel like the joke would have been uncovered by now.

Replicant

That's funny, I haven't seen anything on either current-gen console that comes close to that. Are you sure you didn't mean PC?

You not seeing it doesn't mean much really. Someone can point out various examples but you'd deny it because you think that GIF is so speshul even when others have said otherwise.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ahh damn, I believed it at first. But now why would OP capture and cut just the top half of the page? Makes no sense.

Sean

Banned
I'm leaning towards believing the OP cause he's been registered three years and this is probably the most silly/minor thing to risk a permaban over.

And Xbox.com has a history of fucking up and accidentally leaking things. They leaked their whole E3 2011 conference beforehand for example: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24801/t1654656-xbox-com-leaks-halo-4-announcement/ and the year before that the italian version of Xbox.com accidentally leaked the Xbox 360 Slim http://www.gamerfuzion.com/xbox-360-slim-leaked-image/

MormaPope

Banned
Either OP wanted to rile up the thirsty or Microsoft is showcasing something not that big and used fan mad font/logos. Either way no one wins.

Boss Man

For the record, I also believe the OP. Just seems like something that would happen.

Regardless of how easy (and fun) it is to play with HTML.

mango drank

So Microsoft dug up a fake fan made font and rebranded their website like that?

yeah, ok.

Assuming this is real, even if the site header designer was too lazy to fish for the official Xbox logo in the company resources (though why wouldn't s/he have it on hand?), you'd think they'd at least do a Google image search and slap on one of the results, rather than trying to recreate the Xbox logo by using some free font.

And if it's fake, it's a lesson for would-be hoaxers: you need serious attention to detail to pull off a good hoax. People used to try to fake leaked Apple ads for new products, and they couldn't get the damn headline font right. (Myriad. Apple's ad headline font is Myriad. Not Helvetica. C'mon.)

MormaPope

Banned
Not that I want to get drawn into a tedious back and forth but this is a 2008 Xbox 360 game.

Star Ocean 4 has never looked particularly great.

Windwaker HD looks like Nuts and Bolts, not artistically, but the bloom and everything else reminds me of those Windwaker HD shots.

Top Bottom