• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

Maybe my time is off but isn't this thread 6 hours old? Reddit link was posted 9 hours ago.

Picture is the same in both the reddit submission and OP. But again, looks like reddit link was posted 2 hours before this thread. I guess it could be the same person, buy why would OP wait 2 hours after finding it....

Link for those wondering:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17iz5t/noticed_a_new_logo_and_the_new_xbox_on_the_xbox/

And again, the screenshots are the same.

lol

Yes, your time is correct, so unless Reddit is screwy with their times, this is 2-3 hours after that thread.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be a little disappointed if it was called The New Xbox. Xbox is slightly better, but I'd still prefer something totally fresh. Xbox something.

Mononoke

Banned
lol

Yes, your time is correct, so unless Reddit is screwy with their times, this is 2-3 hours after that thread.

Maybe OP stumbled on this Reddit submission, then posted it here. Doesn't explain why he would act like it was him in this thread though, especially if the Reddit post was someone else.

I guess my point is, if he took this from the reddit post, it could have easily been faked by C-Ron or whatever his name is.

Either way, it doesn't make sense why this same picture was posted 2 hours before this thread on another site. Either OP is the same person that submitted it on Reddit (and waited 2 hours after to post it on here), or the guy on Reddit was the original, OP lied and took the story and acted like it happened to him.

EDIT: I suppose it's possible that two different people stumbled on the same thing. It's just, the screenshots are 100% the same.

Maybe my time is off but isn't this thread 6 hours old? Reddit link was posted 9 hours ago.

Picture is the same in both the reddit submission and OP. But again, looks like reddit link was posted 2 hours before this thread. I guess it could be the same person, buy why would OP wait 2 hours after finding it....

Link for those wondering:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/17iz5t/noticed_a_new_logo_and_the_new_xbox_on_the_xbox/

And again, the screenshots are the same.

Okay, yeah. Fuck this. OP fun goofed. You made me believe... I'm disappointed.

Kill switch engaged.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not. This time it will be a stroke of genius.
If Microsoft did it well, GAF would rightfully laud it. Carrying a brand name to a new generation with little to no changes isn't inherently bad. Nintendo just botched it -- twice.

Xtars

Sure we know they will release info about the "nextbox" soon but it surley feels like a reddit troll it not hard to edit it with google developer tools in chrome.

bXP2RXn.jpg

"Bungie’s new game Destiny will be the headliner at Microsoft’s E3 press conference and be the flagship title for The New Xbox – though it will also release for Xbox 360. "

Both the Xbox 360 and New Xbox versions of Destiny will be cross-compatible. It’s all the same Xbox Live, after all…

30fps confirmed for new Xbox title Destiny!!

Cant have one set of players running at 60fps,whilst 360 owners chug along at 30fps.

That sort of one-upmanship is only allowed in PC land..:)

So has the OP been out'ed as a liar or is afterhours-GAF victim blaming? (i.e. Well if he didn't want to be suspected then he shouldn't have posted then... mnnaaa!)

EDIT :(

PaulLFC

Sure we know they will release info about the "nextbox" soon but it surley feels like a reddit troll it not hard to edit it with google developer tools in chrome.

http://i.imgur.com/bXP2RXn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Can confirm that this works, you can edit it to whatever you want:

[img]http://i.minus.com/jbxWPBhtOck6r4.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Can confirm that this works, you can edit it to whatever you want:

http://i.minus.com/jbxWPBhtOck6r4.png[/img[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqojeRo5PFBRB_EmJAhZq-FjZJH5b4FfY4jwWM0v1RE69qaMIxGQ

Amir0x

Banned
I gotta say, even if this is fake, this is the silliest thing to fake ever. It's just "The New Xbox", there's not even any info we can gain from this heading even if it were real.

diamount

Banned
I gotta say, even if this is fake, this is the silliest thing to fake ever. It's just "The New Xbox", there's not even any info we can gain from this heading even if it were real.

It doesn't need to be. It's quick 5 minute job in paint and editing a few lines, if that's enough for people to hype over nothing like reddit tends to do all the time.

Well it's better than WiiU since it says "new" right in the title.

Still kinda silly, but people will just call it "Xbox" if that's the title.

What is the one after it (if there is one)? "New Xbox 2"

I kinda like New Xbox. The only drawback I see is how they will marketed the game itfselves. They will be "New Xbox" and "Only for New Xbox" on the gameboxes? That will read dull. But in the other hand, if they only print "Only for Xbox" on the new games, I am sure someone will confuse the boxes with the ones from the original Xbox still around in bargain bins and paw shops.... (specially if they continue to use green as the color of the brand).

Maybe OP stumbled on this Reddit submission, then posted it here. Doesn't explain why he would act like it was him in this thread though, especially if the Reddit post was someone else.

I guess my point is, if he took this from the reddit post, it could have easily been faked by C-Ron or whatever his name is.

Either way, it doesn't make sense why this same picture was posted 2 hours before this thread on another site. Either OP is the same person that submitted it on Reddit (and waited 2 hours after to post it on here), or the guy on Reddit was the original, OP lied and took the story and acted like it happened to him.

EDIT: I suppose it's possible that two different people stumbled on the same thing. It's just, the screenshots are 100% the same.

What explains it is that this is viral PR stunt by MS. Whether the OP was directly involved or not.

Top Bottom