• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your wife slept with over 20 guys in college, she tells you 20 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

theytookourjobz

I understand the inherent risks associated with sexual activity just like I understand the risk of walking out my front door or getting in my car. I do whatever I can to lessen the risk by wearing a condom just like I do by looking both ways before I cross the street or wearing my seatbelt. Knowing all these things, I still choose to fuck because the benefits outweigh the potential risks. I've learned how to talk to women and how they like to be treated and even how to please them. I'm not picking up shitfaced college girls outside the bar, I'm courting women. I've learned something from every encounter, sexual or otherwise, that will undoubtedly serve me well whenever I find the women I want to spend the rest of my life with. I can only hope she has had the same experiences I've had.

So promiscuous person is still a higher risk of carrying STI / STD even when using protection.

Possibly.

I eat lots of red meat, so that puts me at a higher risk of heart attack. I haul ass across the street when I have the opportunity.

These things put me at risk, but it doesn't mean I don't approach 'em smart. I know what I'm doing and that doesn't change the fact that it carries risk. If I want to get across the street fast, eat beef or fuck...it's all the same. Risk, lifestyle, etc.

It's how I roll. It's how "promiscuous" (lucky, IMO) people roll too. It's what they want, I'd venture.

RDreamer

Anecdotal evidence far outweighed by the statistics does not a good point make.

I wasn't making a point on statistics or anecdotal evidence that would be sweeping.

I was saying that just because you are "promiscuous" does not mean that you are necessarily unsafe. That is all. I'm saying you can't judge people individually based on statistics. That's basically profiling someone.

I mean, you and I are on a videogame forum. I'm sure there's some statistics out there that say something unflattering about you and me. Should we be judged based on that, or based on an individual level?

I wasn't making a point on statistics or anecdotal evidence that would be sweeping.

I was saying that just because you are "promiscuous" does not mean that you are necessarily unsafe. That is all. I'm saying you can't judge people individually based on statistics. That's basically profiling someone.

I mean, you and I are on a videogame forum. I'm sure there's some statistics out there that say something unflattering about you and me. Should we be judged based on that, or based on an individual level?

To strengthen this, that judgment is for two consenting adults to make. No one else.

Jburton

Banned
Possibly.

I eat lots of red meat, so that puts me at a higher risk of heart attack. I haul ass across the street when I have the opportunity.

These things put me at risk, but it doesn't mean I don't approach 'em smart. I know what I'm doing and that doesn't change the fact that it carries risk. If I want to get across the street fast, eat beef or fuck...it's all the same. Risk, lifestyle, etc.

It's how I roll. It's how "promiscuous" (lucky, IMO) people roll too. It's what they want, I'd venture.

Your eating of red meat is not potential health risk you could pass on to your partner though is it?

In an attempt to make the question harder:

She or He has slept with over 20 guys, and has when pressed admitted to you not being best in bed.
How do you feel now?

RDreamer

Of course they could, I have not argued otherwise.

So in the end cleanliness should be a concern no matter what the number is, and you should probably be tested before seeking new partners, and use condoms and perhaps refrain from unprotected oral sex in the meantime.

Overall, my problem is that you have argued for using statistics and/or stereotypes in order to judge someone on an individual level. We're not perfectly statistical beings. We all defy those statistics on some level, somewhere. Treat the people you meet as individuals rather than a statistic or stereotype.

Wazzim

Banned
20 years later? Doesn't seem to matter in terms of the relationship, but damn some of you guys have low standards.

"Meh, only 20." ONLY? That's... disgusting. This doesn't excuse guys either.

Gotta have your flavor of the month or something?

The most attractive and successful young women have slept with at least 20 guys so lol at your 'low standards' remark.

And I have argued no different.

No no, it's cool, and maybe I should have put a disclaimer out there...I would hate for anyone (you included) to miss out on an awesome opportunity because of an opinion. Sort of like the "come to the dark side we have cookies" t-shirt.

Jburton

Banned
So in the end cleanliness should be a concern no matter what the number is, and you should probably be tested before seeking new partners, and use condoms and perhaps refrain from unprotected oral sex in the meantime.

Overall, my problem is that you have argued for using statistics and/or stereotypes in order to judge someone on an individual level. We're not perfectly statistical beings. We all defy those statistics on some level, somewhere. Treat the people you meet as individuals rather than a statistic or stereotype.

I never stated I judge people solely based upon statistics and / or stereotypes, I ascertain the type of person someone is based on lots of factors, most nothing to do with their sexual appetite / practices.

It is just a facet when deciding whether someone is right for you when engaging in a relationship.

If someone wants to fuck around, that's cool and that's their right .... I defend it.

It's also my right to not want to invest in a relationship with or fuck them ........ and that's my right.

Whether or not you agree with my standards or judgements is of no concern to me and vice versa.

RDreamer

Yep.
You've had sex for the last 20 years, and she still doesn't think you're the best lay she's had.

The important thing is that you are the best partner she's had in all things, overall.

My wife and I know we aren't the best sex we've had. I'm not her best, and she isn't mine. But it's good, and all the rest of it waaaaaay more than makes up for it. You can always work on sex. Working on the rest of it is much harder.

If someone wants to fuck around, that's cool and that's their right .... I defend it.

It's also my right to not want to invest in a relationship with or fuck them ........ and that's my right.

Yes, it's your right not to want to invest in a relationship or fuck them, but based on what exactly? A stereotype and statistic that says they're unclean, have problems, and will be unfaithful?

If you would date someone that "fucked around" previously, then fine, good on you. If you will not, absolutely, then you are indeed basing it on stereotypes and statistics. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Jburton

Banned
No no, it's cool, and maybe I should have put a disclaimer out there...I would hate for anyone (you included) to miss out on an awesome opportunity because of an opinion. Sort of like the "come to the dark side we have cookies" t-shirt.

I have had one night stands (not many) but the majority of my encounters have led to relationships ( 2 years, 3 years and the current one is approaching 5), I am turning 33 so the majority of my sex life has been within the confines of a relationship.

I have a very large sexual appetite and have a sleep disorder where I try to have sex in my sleep lol ........ I am a very sexual person whether awake or asleep it seems.

I just could not have a relationship in terms of boyfriend / girlfriend with someone who fucks around, it just would not sit with me ...... it's not that I would not like that person, I have had friends both male and female who fuck all around them it's just that I could not enter into a relationship with them.

I have tried to articulate the reasons why I personally can not do so, not to set out a manifesto as to why all, and sundry should not.

One person will either get really distrustful and/or won't take the relationship serious anymore and/or the other person will cheat again and again.

Being fine with it will not work out most of the time. Relationships are normally based on trust. If this trust is broken, the relationship is broken as well.

That's what they said. Men probably say a higher number. Women probably say a lower number.

Rule of 3 from american pie.. :p

I have had one night stands (not many) but the majority of my encounters have led to relationships ( 2 years, 3 years and the current one is approaching 5), I am turning 33 so the majority of my sex life has been within the confines of a relationship.

I have a very large sexual appetite and have a sleep disorder where I try to have sex in my sleep lol ........ I am a very sexual person whether awake or asleep it seems.

I just could not have a relationship in terms of boyfriend / girlfriend with someone who fucks around, it just would not sit with me ...... it's not that I would not like that person, I have had friends both male and female who fuck all around them it's just that I could not enter into a relationship with them.

I have tried to articulate the reasons why I personally can not do so, not to set out a manifesto as to why all, and sundry should not.

It's cool, man. I'm 33/married and have spent the last 10 + years with my wife, so I feel you. I knew going in that she had gotten busy with more people that I had, but she was a step up for me and we clicked after I beat her ass at Tekken Tag.

Truth be told, I had some trepidation about going forward, but it lasted all of 2 seconds. I'm not saying that "we fell in a deep enough love at first site for me to not care about how many dudes she knocked boots with", I'm saying it was just good old fashioned fun. Turned out good too, since we've got 2 kids. Different strokes for different folks makes the world go round.

antitrop

Twenty seems like a pretty fair number.
I have plenty of female friends who have been with far more than that in college, doesn't seem unusual to me.

I prefer to sleep with more experienced women.

Being honest, if she had told me at the beginning of the relationship, I'd definitely feel SOME sort of way or another, no matter how small.

20 years later? And I'm the only guy she's been with since she married me?

I'd have try hard, literally, to even give a tenth of a fuck.

That's a sweeping statement. I'd like to see which ass you pulled that statistic from.

The same ass where you've been pulling shit like this from:

20 years later? Doesn't seem to matter in terms of the relationship, but damn some of you guys have low standards.

"Meh, only 20." ONLY? That's... disgusting. This doesn't excuse guys either.

Gotta have your flavor of the month or something?

JohnDoe

Banned
Point of the thread is that the wife didn't fuck around, just had around 20 partners in college.

Don't bother arguing with him, he's one of those losers who got banned for posting horrendously misogynistic crap in the creepshots thread.

I love how people think a promiscuous partner can't settle down. How about you communicate with people and observe them rather than judging them on a superficial level.

SmokyDave

In an attempt to make the question harder:

She or He has slept with over 20 guys, and has when pressed admitted to you not being best in bed.
How do you feel now?
I wouldn't be surprised. I like to think I get the job done in the bedroom but if you put me up against 20 similar guys, there's a good chance at least one is a better fuck and there will be a few with bigger dicks no doubt (not that those two always go hand-in-hand, I just figured that's the next logical question).

I might be tempted to segue the conversation into how she feels I could better satisfy her, but after 20 years I'd like to think we'd already had that conversation a few times.

Oddly, I think I'd say she was the best I'd ever had, even if she wasn't. I can't say that for sure though. I once told a girlfriend that I'd only stayed with an ex for the sex and I could tell that her mind raced off and figured out what kind of freaky shit had kept me on lockdown for years. Felt bad, man.

The same ass where you've been pulling shit like this from:

I'm sorry I offended you
I'm not
. It's disgusting. I don't know if it's a socioeconomic difference or something, but none of the people I grew up with (which is a lot of people) had sex with that many people in college. That includes several people that are playing in the NBA and NFL now.

Yes, sex = success. They sound the same-ish. It has to be true, right?

Don't bother arguing with him, he's one of those losers who got banned for posting horrendously misogynistic crap in the creepshots thread.

I love how people think a promiscuous partner can't settle down. How about you communicate with people and observe them rather than judging them on a superficial level.

1) I said it's disgusting for both male and female.

2) I already said after 20 years, it doesn't matter for the relationship. This partner has clearly shown that it has no hindrance on the relationship.

You're the same type of people that kept putting shit in my mouth, and it would be appreciated if you stopped. K thanks.

If you're busy sleeping with other people maybe.

Mind you, 20 is a much larger number than I accumulated in college, but it honestly doesn't strike me as a number deserving of a spit take, for instance. Typical completion time for an undergraduate degree is four years, so five partners a year. So, a different partner every two months and some change. If you're out there actively playing the field, I don't think you even need to be terribly promiscuous to rack up that total. You just have to be someone that doesn't get tied down in a monogamous relationship during that time and who likes having sex.

Why is it disgusting?

Opinion.

Mind you, 20 is a much larger number than I accumulated in college, but it honestly doesn't strike me as a number deserving of a spit take, for instance. Typical completion time for an undergraduate degree is four years, so five partners a year. So, a different partner every two months and some change. If you're out there actively playing the field, I don't think you even need to be terribly promiscuous to rack up that total. You just have to be someone that doesn't get tied down in a monogamous relationship during that time and who likes having sex.

Seems like too much effort for what it is. I'm certainly not going to "spit" at anyone like that either. Whatever floats their boat, but it just seems like a waste of time, especially since college is so damn expensive.

I'm sorry I offended you
I'm not
. It's disgusting. I don't know if it's a socioeconomic difference or something, but none of the people I grew up with (which is a lot of people) had sex with that many people in college. That includes several people that are playing in the NBA and NFL now.

2) I already said after 20 years, it doesn't matter for the relationship. This partner has clearly shown that it has no hindrance on the relationship.

You're the same type of people that kept putting shit in my mouth, and it would be appreciated if you stopped. K thanks.

No one is putting shit in your mouth, you're judging people for having consensual relations with other people. We're all adults here no? Why can't people like you just be secure in your own decisions and stop treating people who have sex like dirty people. Keep your sexual repression to yourself if that's how you're going to act.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm sorry I offended you
I'm not

So this is how you like it? Mmhm.

Seems like too much effort for what it is. I'm certainly not going to "spit" at anyone like that either. Whatever floats their boat,

I said "spit take," which just refers to the act of spitting out whatever you're drinking in disbelief at what was said. It's usually only employed as an exaggerated reaction for comedic effect, and doesn't involve actually spitting at anyone.

but it just seems like a waste of time, especially since college is so damn expensive.

I have no idea what you're on about here. Meeting romantic partners doesn't necessarily have to eat into one's study time any more than any hobby/regular social activity. This is particularly true in college when people aren't settled down living the domesticated life raising kids and taking care of a home.

I have no idea what you're on about here. Meeting romantic partners doesn't necessarily have to eat into one's study time any more than any other hobby. This is particularly true in college when people aren't settled down living the domesticated life raising kids and taking care of a home.

Getting laid after a party is so expensive. If anything phosphor is just informing us how inexperienced he is getting sex outside of whatever relationship he has. Which isn't a problem in and of itself but he's talking out of his ass as a result.

No one is putting shit in your mouth, you're judging people for having consensual relations with other people. We're all adults here no? Why can't people like you just be secure in your own decisions and stop treating people who have sex like dirty people. Keep your sexual repression to yourself if that's how you're going to act.

Oh, so it's not ok for me to think of promiscuous people as "dirty" (I never used that word, someone can be "safe" and I still think it's disgusting) but others (including Evilore) can openly say anyone who thinks otherwise is a "virgin"?

Check this double standard out. You're more than welcome to think that, just as I'm allowed to think certain people are disgusting, but don't shit on me for the same things that others, including you, have been doing this whole thread.

Seems like too much effort for what it is. I'm certainly not going to "spit" at anyone like that either. Whatever floats their boat, but it just seems like a waste of time, especially since college is so damn expensive.

That's a straw you're grasping at, there.

You won't have sex with who you want, because college is expensive. What...you think sex is the culmination of time and money?

Edit: Damn dude...

Oh, so it's not ok for me to think of promiscuous people as "dirty" (I never used that word, someone can be "safe" and I still think it's disgusting) but others (including Evilore) can openly say anyone who thinks otherwise is a "virgin"?

Check this double standard out. You're more than welcome to think that, just as I'm allowed to think certain people are disgusting, but don't shit on me for the same things that others, including you, have been doing this whole thread.

Doing what? I'm not calling anyone disgusting. I am however disgusted at some of the out of ass talking, sex myths and general anti-social statements people love to parade around as fact. You seem to be the next person who can't handle people having sex with someone other than a long term partner and over a specified amount. Who cares dude.

kehs

Banned

What do you think disgusting means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom