• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

No Frankie at the panel? David Ellis to spoil halo 6 ending confirmed

That or they pulled off a brilliant red herring at the last one. David said Del Rio "was" captain of the Infinity instead of "is" and got glared at by Frankie, so we thought he died. Nope, he got fired.

Also, Chief did get promoted to an administrative rank at the end of Halo 3. Maybe once he got back to Earth he got stuck doing paperwork until they worked out the legal kinks to get him back in action?

Also, Chief did get promoted to an administrative rank at the end of Halo 3. Maybe once he got back to Earth he got stuck doing paperwork until they worked out the legal kinks to get him back in action?

I'm guessing Chief ignores the UNSC to find Halsey to save Cortana. Kind of like what he did before the mission, Cortana, in Halo 3.

I'm guessing Chief ignores the UNSC to find Halsey to save Cortana. Kind of like what he did before the mission, Cortana, in Halo 3.

Oh my god, idea. Halo 5 starts out with Jul talking to a council like Halo 2's opening, with Halsey standing trial like the Arbiter... and Chief comes out of nowhere in a Broadsword or something and starts kicking ass.

I forget if it was just me or not but did we all know that lasky was going to captain of the infinity way before Halo 4 release?

I remember hearing frankie saying something about FUD and how it was the story of how lasky became captain of the infinity and then seeing del rio and thinking he is not going to remain captain.

It's too bad life doesn't have a custom game browser.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's to wholeheartedly trust statements like this. I'm sure our prayers will all be answered.

hoQdt.gif

If I were to make a drinking game out of certain 343 responses, how quickly will I get drunk for any variation of "we can't really talk about that right now?"

5 minutes? ;-)
I've got some damn good tequila reposado at home. My money's on 20 seconds flat.

Tawpgun

PAX East Halo-related panels:
Halo 4 Multiplayer: Past, Present, and Future
Halo 4 delivered a unique set of multiplayer experiences, immersing players in an episodic campaign with Spartan Ops, while delivering more breadth and depth in the expanded War Games sandbox. You’ve played the Majestic Map Pack and may even have had a chance to play Castle Map Pack on the floor here at PAX. Come prepared to hear 343 Industries’ Frank O’Connor, Kevin Franklin, Dan Ayoub and David Ellis, as well as Certain Affinity’s Tom Potter discuss where we’ve been, where we are, and what is on the horizon for Halo 4 Multiplayer.

PANELISTS:
Frank O’Connor [343 Industries], Kevin Franklin [343 Industries], Dan Ayoub [343 Industries], David Ellis [343 Industries], Tom Potter [Certain Affinity]

http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/halo-4-multiplayer-past-present-and-future

It seems like the final map pack of the War Games Pass will be playable at PAX East.
Yes. So hype. Glad to have an in depth conversation on the mutliplayer. Hoping for a juicy Q/A and some

There's also a Halo 4 tourney. And a Trials tourney.

Well in the context you're posting it, it feels like you're building a fanfic universe. If you were to be implementing a Halo mod in BL it would feel more like extrapolating the existing universe.

I guess I can understand that. Someone like Karl's sandbox relies entirely on existing elements and while that's probably the most succinct way to go about it, I'm trying to think ahead - this is a speculative wishlist designed to be a continuation of existing principles. I think the clearest analogy to make is that a sandbox like Karl's would work best in a "Halo: Arena" best-of competitive multiplayer package, mine would work best as a sandbox for Halo 5 itself. As much as I'd love to make a Halo PC mod or something, I don't have any experience with modding or coding. For this project I am trying to get some outside assistance (MerkinMax for schematics and a decent artist for proof-of-concept/in-combat sketches) for this project, however.

Additionally, being that this is pretending it's Halo 5's wishlist sandbox, most story-related weapon changes are clarified. I'm going all-out on the vehicle sandbox because next-gen should hopefully allow for BTB to be a completely different beast than it is now.

Well in the context you're posting it, it feels like you're building a fanfic universe. If you were to be implementing a Halo mod in BL it would feel more like extrapolating the existing universe.

What I don't get is why are you talking about Borderlands and him modding it?

Edit: Tunavi fuck you. (Talking about those Bulletstorm leaderboards.)

Tawpgun

Can't wait to have my HaloGAF bros carry me in the Halo 4 tournament at PAX East...

vadernoo.jpg

Do you remember how registration for this works? This goes to anyone who knows. Last time there was a Reach tourney and it filled up before I figured out how to register.

Do you remember how registration for this works? This goes to anyone who knows. Last time there was a Reach tourney and it filled up before I figured out how to register.

Signup sheets are put out on the very first day. There's usually a table right outside the tourney area. Probably isn't necessary to wait in line there at the very beginning of PAX, but you should swing by there some time Friday morning/afternoon.

Edit: Since it's FFA it might fill up faster than previous years (don't have to assemble a team first).

Tawpgun

Signup sheets are put out on the very first day. There's usually a table right outside the tourney area. Probably isn't necessary to wait in line there at the very beginning of PAX, but you should swing by there some time Friday morning/afternoon.

Got classes Friday but I'll see which ones I should be able to get out of. Definitely skipping my last class to make the panel.

Also hell yeah Bulletstorm. Me and Tunavi met on Bulletstorm before we realized we were on HaloGAF <3

Got classes Friday but I'll see which ones I should be able to get out of. Definitely skipping my last class to make the panel.
I have no idea what my plans are, but if I go sign up for the tournament I'll try to add your name to it as well. Remind me when we're closer to PAX.

Also hell yeah Bulletstorm. Me and Tunavi met on Bulletstorm before we realized we were on HaloGAF <3
eharmony-ipad-application.jpg

I never much tried to work with any of the forge worlds' geometry before so I thought I'd try to do something with Impact's building since it's as if they had something in mind for a level there.
I thought that they would have build the level with forge piecing in mind so you could easily line up tunnels and whatnot. After all, the center of the building actually has a magnet for the circular floor piece.
Alas, no. No object lines up with the building's openings and each of the openings is at a bizarre angle.
This goes for all the forge worlds. It's as if none of them were built will map designs in mind.
Some people don't like the forge world from Reach, but it was entirely built will design concepts. Look at the on disc maps: Hemorrhage, Pinnacle, Paradiso, etc. Not commenting on the quality of those maps, but they world with the geometry of the forge world.

Settler was just added to CTF. It attempts to use Ravine's geometry as the foundation of the map... except that just doesn't work. The area used in the map is asymmetrical, crowded, and... lumpy. If you're set on using the entirety of that part of Ravine, options seems limited. The space just doesn't lend itself well to a large map. Settler adds more clutter to a cluttered foundation.
I can easily see myself having to design a map for Ravine with Big Team in mind and attempted to utilize the space only to say fuck it and start throwing in random shit and calling it a day.

It would have been nice if Longbow was a forge map. Just remove the bases and you'd be set. Even just adding the structure objects would be enough.

Top Bottom