• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2013 Thread

Tearaway impressions anyone ?

No playable demo yet. But I talked to one of the developers. He was saying how they are introducing the idea of "physical" trophies for the game where when you beat a certain part, you will get a code to print out a design for that part of the world to make it on your own. Seems like a really cool idea. Their excitement for it got me more pumped for this game. Said it would be out in October.

Kafel

Banned
No playable demo yet. But I talked to one of the developers. He was saying how they are introducing the idea of "physical" trophies for the game where when you beat a certain part, you will get a code to print out a design for that part of the world to make it on your own. Seems like a really cool idea. Their excitement for it got me more pumped for this game. Said it would be out in October.
Thx, too bad you can't play it (what's the point in them having a booth?). Cool I guess for the papercraft thing but I don't care, I want to know what's the game about. The gameplay mechanisms and all. Please don't be a "non-game" or some "experience".

Tyshi

Neo Member
So Capcom said we would get 2 new games announced at PAX

Guessing the Street Fighter Update, Ducktales Remastered and D&D are all we're getting?

Curious if anyone knows otherwise.

Mully

Checked out Contrast and Super Splatters today after the Why Would You Want to Be a Video Game Journalist panel. Both games looked great. Loved the art design in Super Splatters.

The panel was very informative. Alexander Sliwisky and Justin McElroy were really funny.

I played it with the Wiimote and I hate the Wiimote. Is there some other way I should have described it? The WiiU Gamepad was only usable as a map, which makes really hurts the game. Half the cost of the WiiU is the gamepad and I'm playing a future release that doesn't even use it as a controller? People will defend anything I guess.

It's completely playable on the GamePad, but if you have access to a Wii Remote+ it's much better because of the type of game it is.

Thx, too bad you can't play it (what's the point in them having a booth?). Cool I guess for the papercraft thing but I don't care, I want to know what's the game about. The gameplay mechanisms and all. Please don't be a "non-game" or some "experience".

Yeah I was surprised that there was no playable demo. They had a bunch of giveaways they were doing--seemed like more of promo stuff than anything; trying to get the word out on the game. They had a video of some gameplay on a loop. Definitely looks to be a "game-game," saw highlights of puzzles and whatnot. Animation is really cool, too.

Quadratic

Pretty full day. In line for my last panel before the meetup. Got to get into the Mass Effect panel earlier. Today has been crazier than yesterday, way more people.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The line to play Dead Island is far too long. I wouldn't normally wait but I need the stamp to enter a raffle.

If you see a guy wearing a gray vest and a hat made of cards that's me.

NEED MOAR GAF at the Capy + Double Fine booth! Super stoked to meet a few of you! Come play Super TIME Force!

If you come to the Double Fine + Capy + IGN Party (in 20mins) I'll be there!

Ricker

You guys see the Nvidia Shield handheld device ?...looks pretty cool,just saw it on Twitch they where streaming Borderlands 2 to it...

D-e-f-

Banned
I played it with the Wiimote and I hate the Wiimote. Is there some other way I should have described it? The WiiU Gamepad was only usable as a map, which makes really hurts the game. Half the cost of the WiiU is the gamepad and I'm playing a future release that doesn't even use it as a controller? People will defend anything I guess.

There is a GamePad only control scheme. They demoed it at E3 last year but then stopped because it was very early and they weren't satisfied with it. Common sense tells you that they won't ship the game with Wiimote-only controls. Oh and Miyamoto already confirmed a while ago that GamePad controls will pretty much be like on GameCube.

Those builds of Pikmin and Wonderful 101 they have at PAX are still the old builds from last year so none of the new stuff is in there.

Cool, wish I could experience it.

Meh oh well surely more info will surface sooner than later. Thanks guys and continue having fun.

It basically means they're not wasting their time making public demos. Gotta get both those games out before the summer is over...

idk maybe its just me but again last years was better.

the last of us was a highlight though

lmao at the trivia you had to know to get a league of legends skin. smart guys i know nothing about it :p

i think someone on here said he was working on a game boy style game . i saw the booth but passed by. looked cool

and hcngdvjyfgb everyone is sick in there. coughing everywhere

Noogy

My PAX panel went surprisingly well, thanks to everyone who attended (and to all the awesome people who stopped by afterwards to talk). It's been an awesome show, probably my favorite PAX so far, and it's mainly because I actually have time to walk around and chat with fans and other devs.

Mully

Shook the fuck out of Ryan Davis' hand. Saw the entire GB crew after the 404 panel. Drew and Jeff are tucking tall. Patrick looks super young.

MooseKing

Banned
Holy crap, I am blown away by how good Wildstar looks, and how much the developers know about the MMORPG genre. I have not seen developers who are as much fans as the genre as these guys since Blizzard hired EQ players to work on World of Warcraft.

Azzurri

Holy crap, I am blown away by how good Wildstar looks, and how much the developers know about the MMORPG genre. I have not seen developers who are as much fans as the genre as these guys since Blizzard hired EQ players to work on World of Warcraft.

I've meet the whole DEV team in which they invited about 30 people out to their office in Southern Cal for a private event. They love their game and their fans. They also like to drink, we go wasted. HAH

Tim Cain did design work on it, it's guaranteed to be the tits from a mechanics standpoint.

Lexxon

I saw Crecente sitting down doing some sort of work. I asked 'Aren't you crecente?' Says yes. I say something stupid like 'You're really easy to recognize, you've got that going for you!'

...I am an awkward penguin, for reals. That's the best thing I could come up with?

Anyways, having a lot of fun here, although the panels are disappointing compared to last year. I went to 5-6 last year, only planning on 4 this year--went to Blizz's (FUCK THAT CARD GAME), Giant Bomb (amazing), Irrational (ok), and Gearbox tomorrow.

Also waltzed around in my ghetto Hotline Miami Jacket costume during the later hours today, with the mask up except for pictures since it's pretty suffocating otherwise. Got some good recognition from a few folks.

Sentenza

I saw Crecente sitting down doing some sort of work. I asked 'Aren't you crecente?' Says yes. I say something stupid like 'You're really easy to recognize, you've got that going for you!'

...I am an awkward penguin, for reals. That's the best thing I could come up with?

Did you also ask him to shout "GO SONIC, GO, YOU BEAUTIFUL BEAST, FUCKING KING OF THE JUNGLE!"?

Lexxon

Did you also ask him to shout "GO SONIC, GO, YOU BEAUTIFUL BEAST, FUCKING KING OF THE JUNGLE!"?

No. I did not. Maybe next time.

EDIT: Just re-watched that video, since I didn't get the reference at the time. Fucking great. I will do so if I see him again. Maybe. If I don't awkward penguin all over myself.

Haha, thanks, it's an honor. I'll keep an eye out during my cosplay hunting. Waiting to board my flight, so see some of y'all in a few hours.

Pretty sure you snapped a quick picture of my Hotline Miami costume. I was on the show floor with my backpack and badge still on, but, hey, oh well. Had a better run of it tonight after hours w/o the baggage. Would have said hi but no idea if anyone could hear me through the damn mask.

Mully

Is it possible for my friend Seo to sneak in with a Saturday badge tomorrow? Enforcers were pretty laxed today.

Lexxon

Is it possible for my friend Seo to sneak in with a Saturday badge tomorrow? Enforcers were pretty laxed today.

It depends where you go and when you go. My badge has been checked:

Heading into the main theater at lineup
Heading into the Expo hall numerous times (but only at certain checkpoints by guards, usually), and more often early than late
At the entrance sometimes there's one checking here and there.

The F/S/S badges are pretty bright colors so it's harder to get away with it. Say, last year's Sunday or 3-day would be pretty easy--the badges look almost identical at first glance.

mollipen

I hated holding the thing

Yuuuuuuuup.

I got to actually see a bit of the show today, which was nice. Got to say hello to Noogy, Shidosha (who I originally got introduced to for obvious reasons), and some others that I had wanted to run into. Played some interesting games, did some equally interesting interviews.

LAST SHAMELESS PLUG: My second PAX East 2013 panel is tomorrow at 3pm in the Corgi. Please come in you've got nothing else to do! Niche topic + Sunday = my worrying about how the turnout is going to be.

I've had a great time this year. I feel the experience helps, as i've played and seen everything i really wanted to

Divekick was a huge highlight. Indie stuff this year rocked.

Also, its the only pax i got to break news for, so hey, i got memories out of it too

Yuuuuuuuup.

I got to actually see a bit of the show today, which was nice. Got to say hello to Noogy, Shidosha (who I originally got introduced to for obvious reasons), and some others that I had wanted to run into. Played some interesting games, did some equally interesting interviews.

LAST SHAMELESS PLUG: My second PAX East 2013 panel is tomorrow at 3pm in the Corgi. Please come in you've got nothing else to do! Niche topic + Sunday = my worrying about how the turnout is going to be.
Ill try to be there! Not sure if I'm goig to the female gaming panel.

Top Bottom