• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'07 360 Games: What to keep an eye on

Mr Toast

ZombieSupaStar said:
i see your point, but like you said we are prexisting genre lovers so it really doesnt matter to us.

still tho id prefer more sims ish games like viva pinata, just shoot shit does get old after awhile.

I think games like Battlestations Midway are a good idea too, adding a bit more diversity to the lineup.

Winning Eleven '07 (February)
NBA Street Homecourt (February)
Guitar Hero II (March)
Burnout 5 (April)
Tenchu Senran (April)
Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway (May)
Army of Two (July)
Turok (July)
Virtua Fighter 5 (August)
Bioshock (August)
Medal of Honor: Airborne (August)
Kane & Lynch (September)
Grand Theft Auto IV (October)
Indiana Jones (November)
Project Gotham Racing 4 (November)
Halo 3 (November)

16 games so fare, I would like to own. +/- 3-4

GhaleonEB

The must-have list:

Lost Planet
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Castle Crashers
Mutant Storm Empire

They maybes:

Assasin's Creed
Too Human
Shadowrun
Virtua Fighter 5
Lost Odyssey
Banjo
Half-Life 2: Orange

Lobster

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The must-have list:

Lost Planet
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Castle Crashers
Mutant Storm Empire

They maybes:

Assasin's Creed
Too Human
Shadowrun
Virtua Fighter 5
Lost Odyssey
Banjo

No BK:3 love? :(

I want a 360 solely for that game..

DTJAAAAM

I'll be looking forward to...

Age Of Conan
Blue Dragon
Culdcept Saga
Dance Dance Revolution Universe
Dead Or Alive: Code Cronus
Dungeon Explorer
Eternal Sonata
Far East Of Eden: Ziria
Ghostbusters (C'mon, get the license...)
Guitar Hero 2
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Virtua Fighter 5

Kabouter

Interested in:
Crackdown (February)
GTR Racing (March)
Forza Motorsport 2 (May)
Elveon (June)
Army of Two (July)
Half-life 2: Orange (August)
Unreal Tournament 2007 (October)

Buying:
Guitar Hero II (March)
Mass Effect (May)
Stranglehold (May)
Bioshock (August)
Assassin's Creed (September)
Kane & Lynch (September)

I'll get the mass majority on PC of course due to the price differential, but there's quite a few nice titles coming up for 360 only :).

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Games I want most:

1. Blue Dragon
2. Lost Odyssey
3. Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell

Hopefully we'll see Infinite Undiscovery and the Treasure shooter this year too.

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME THIS

On the 360 version of Guitar Hero II, one of the rumored songs I thought was the Final Countdown. PLEASE tell me this is the song in Arrested Development!!! PLEASE.

Odysseus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The must-have list:

Lost Planet
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Castle Crashers
Mutant Storm Empire

They maybes:

Assasin's Creed
Too Human
Shadowrun
Virtua Fighter 5
Lost Odyssey
Banjo

you put lost planet in the "must have" list but you said you weren't "feeling it?" something change?

Bold = Will buy
Underline = might buy
The rest = under consideration

Crackdown (February)
Guitar Hero II (March)
Major League Baseball 2K7 (March)
Mass Effect (May)
Stranglehold (May)
Blue Dragon (June)

Elveon (June)
Too Human (July)
Bioshock (August)
Kane & Lynch (September)

Mercenaries 2 (September)
Lost Odyssey (October)
Eternal Sonata (November)
Overlord (November)

Even counting just the wills and mights, that's a very nice count of 8 games. This will be a good year.

Xamdou

Must Haves for me:
Fusion Frenzy 2
Crackdown
Forza Motorsport 2
Too Human
Blue Dragon
Mass Effect
Halo 3
Lost Odyssey
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assasins Creed
Armored Core 4
Virtua Fighter 5
Graw 2

Maybe's:
Earth Defense Force X
Shadown Run
Culdcept Saga
Tenchu Z
Banjo-Threeie
Alan Wake
Two Worlds
Bioshock

Other Games I Might Consider:
Dark Sector
Huxley
Virtua Tennis 3
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Army of Two
Burnout 5
Colin McRae Dirt 07
SEGA Rally Revo
Stranglehold
The Darkness
Turok
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Halo Wars

GhaleonEB said:
The must-have list:

Lost Planet
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Castle Crashers
Mutant Storm Empire

They maybes:

Assasin's Creed
Too Human
Shadowrun
Virtua Fighter 5
Lost Odyssey
Banjo

No Culdcept Saga love?

Ristamar

Promising list, even if only a third of the titles manage to deliver. It's getting harder to wait for a price drop (or larger standard HDD). I'm sure I'll snag a 360 this year, probably sooner rather than later.

gallery67.jpg

Has anyone checked out The Precursors? Interesting demo on gametrailers. Could be good.

Re price drop:

I think the only thing that would make MS drop price before next fall is if PS3 drops in price, and we all know from the cost of goods that it takes to build a PS3 (spoiler: more than they are selling it at), that it's PROBABLY not going to drop until at LEAST late summer or early fall. Unless the sales are so bad that they can't even shift single units per store, which is the only scenario I could imagine Sony losing so much face as to drop the price within 6 months of its release.

Even if MS adds a bigger hard drive option, that doesn't necessarily mean that the price will drop. They are still selling them at this price, at a fairly brisk rate, so why would they willingly throw away all of that profit? It's obvious that they will wait until the last possible minute until Sony does something stupid like drop price by $50, then MS will turn around and make Sony look stupid by dropping by $100. If Sony drops by $100, they will probably continue to bleed money and lots of investors will be seeking blood considering Sony's dire financial situation.

If you can wait until September, October, maybe even November, by all means wait, but if you want either PS3 or 360 and have the money then go ahead and buy it, you're missing out on a lot of the initial adopter fun, as well as running into a logistics problem: if you wait and there will be so many games out in the Fall it will literally be impossible to catch up on the backlog of games to play (especially considering we're not at all at the point where games shift to bargain bin within a month or two of release like the last 2 or 3 years have been on PS2).

I am enjoying the heck out of my 360 and can't imagine any serious game fan not rushing out to buy one with the flood of games that is going to happen this spring.

goldenpp72

unless the wii begins to stomp the 360 that is, im hoping they drop the price soon as its a long time coming (yes I own one)

bigswords

CountZeroInt said:
I am enjoying the heck out of my 360 and can't imagine any serious game fan not rushing out to buy one with the flood of games that is going to happen this spring.

Truly said, there's at least 4 or 5 games that I am really interested in. Damn hot co-op action ....

BrandNew said:
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME THIS

On the 360 version of Guitar Hero II, one of the rumored songs I thought was the Final Countdown. PLEASE tell me this is the song in Arrested Development!!! PLEASE.

The Final Countdown is indeed Gob's theme, if that what you're asking. I hadn't heard anything about it being in Guitar Hero though ... seems like a better fit for Keytar Hero.

Damn! That is an impressive list of great looking games. I'm sure I won't be interested in all of those . . . but I'm also sure there are other games that I'll want that are not on that list (such as some annual sports franchise updates and XBLA games).

onegoodlogan said:
The Final Countdown is indeed Gob's theme, if that what you're asking. I hadn't heard anything about it being in Guitar Hero though ... seems like a better fit for Keytar Hero.

They've confirmed that it's not in GHII or even Guitar Hero 80's. Too much keyboard.

(Man, 2007 on 360 has got to be like the best lineup of the ever...)

pswii60

onegoodlogan said:

Keytar Hero FTW.

I am a very experienced pianist but hell I'd still love a keytar hero!

pswii60

CountZeroInt said:
Re price drop:

I think the only thing that would make MS drop price before next fall is if PS3 drops in price, and we all know from the cost of goods that it takes to build a PS3 (spoiler: more than they are selling it at), that it's PROBABLY not going to drop until at LEAST late summer or early fall. Unless the sales are so bad that they can't even shift single units per store, which is the only scenario I could imagine Sony losing so much face as to drop the price within 6 months of its release.

Even if MS adds a bigger hard drive option, that doesn't necessarily mean that the price will drop. They are still selling them at this price, at a fairly brisk rate, so why would they willingly throw away all of that profit? It's obvious that they will wait until the last possible minute until Sony does something stupid like drop price by $50, then MS will turn around and make Sony look stupid by dropping by $100. If Sony drops by $100, they will probably continue to bleed money and lots of investors will be seeking blood considering Sony's dire financial situation.

If you can wait until September, October, maybe even November, by all means wait, but if you want either PS3 or 360 and have the money then go ahead and buy it, you're missing out on a lot of the initial adopter fun, as well as running into a logistics problem: if you wait and there will be so many games out in the Fall it will literally be impossible to catch up on the backlog of games to play (especially considering we're not at all at the point where games shift to bargain bin within a month or two of release like the last 2 or 3 years have been on PS2).

If MS DON'T drop the price this year, would that go on record as the longest a console has been out for without a pricedrop in history?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Klotera said:
Technically, EA has announced SSX4... it just isn't for the 360.
Technically, SSX4 has been out for well over a year. Not that I disagree with the concept of retconning On Tour.

pr0cs

Ack, and I thought I bought a lot of games in 2006.

The 2007 lineup means I'm going to have to either start whoring myself out or delivering pizzas (or possibly both depending on the market).

Nearly every month has a title I'm interested in and some months like April and May has 2-4 titles that I want to buy.

jarrod

Banned
Apharmd Battler said:
Damn I'm gonna be broke this year just with my XBox360 alone.
No shit, me too. I think I'm gonna restrict it to EDFX, Bullet Witch, VF5, VT3, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, KUF COD, Assasin's Creed and HL2 Orange. I'll probably pick up GTA4, Halo 3 and Banjo for the bf too... that's like $800+ already and there's more I'm interested in (AC4, Crackdown, Culdcept, Onecha Vortex, Haze, Lost Odyssey, Tenchu, Sega Rally, etc) plus a ton of XBLA games I want (SOTN, Sonic Hi-Speed, Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Boom Boom Rocket, Space Giraffe, Incredible Machine, Metal Slug 001, etc).

It's insane how much good stuff is headed to 360...

Mojovonio

Banned
jarrod said:
No shit, me too. I think I'm gonna restrict it to EDFX, Bullet Witch, VF5, VT3, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, KUF COD, Assasin's Creed and HL2 Orange. I'll probably pick up GTA4, Halo 3 and Banjo for the bf too... that's like $800+ already and there's more I'm interested in (AC4, Crackdown, Culdcept, Onecha Vortex, Haze, Lost Odyssey, Tenchu, Sega Rally, etc) plus a ton of XBLA games I want (SOTN, Sonic Hi-Speed, Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Boom Boom Rocket, Space Giraffe, Incredible Machine, Metal Slug 001, etc).

It's insane how much good stuff is headed to 360...

Really? With all the shit being thrown at this game, I thought I was the only one interested in it. Reminds me of Painkiller in a way.

jarrod

Banned
Mojovonio said:
Really? With all the shit being thrown at this game, I thought I was the only one interested in it. Reminds me of Painkiller in a way.
Sadly, I've got a soft spot for low end, buggy, Cavia shovelware. Somewhat shameful, but it's true...

<3 <3 Cavia

jarrod

Banned
The Abominable Snowman said:
Werent some SNK-P games headed to the 360 as well?
Just Neo Geo Battle Coliseum (on "indefinite hold") and King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2.5 (dissapeared... likely canceled in favor of KOF MI3 imo). As of now, the only SNKP 360 games even on the radar are old XBLA ports (Metal Slug 1 & Fatal Fury Special).

Bold=Definite Purchase
Not Bold=Rent/Possible Purchase

Crackdown (February)
DDR: Universe (February)
Guitar Hero II (March)
Def Jam Icon (March)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (March)
Burnout 5 (April)
Shadowrun (April)
Forza Motorsport 2 (May)
Mass Effect (May)
Stranglehold (May)
Blue Dragon (June)
Too Human (July)

Army of Two (July)
Bioshock (August)
Halo 3 (November)

Not too bad. Looks like I have about twelve games right now. I can swing that.

XSamu

Banned
Bold=Definite Purchase
Not Bold=Possible Purchase

Crackdown (February)
Bullet Witch (February)
Armored Core 4 (March)
Two Worlds (March)

Shadowrun (April)
Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter 2 (April)
Haze (April)
Mass Effect (May)
Stranglehold (May)
Blue Dragon (June)
Elveon (June)
Too Human (July)

Blacksite: Area 51 (summer)
Army of Two (July)
Turok (July)
The Darkness (July)

Rogue Warrior (August)
Bioshock (August)

Kane & Lynch (September)
Mercenaries 2 (September)
Lost Odyssey (October)
Halo 3 (November)

Eternal Sonata (November)
Overlord (November)

If they make it to 2007
Alan Wake (not known)
Fable 2 (not known)
Resident Evil 5 (not known)
Ninja Gaiden 2(not known)
DOA CC (not known)

Most of the "possible" games will become mine anyway.. When I look at that list, I'm goddamn happy I'm getting at least a couple of them for free.

Top Bottom