• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'07 360 Games: What to keep an eye on

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
R0nn said:
BTW, you forgot about Overlord, Eternal Sonata and Haze! Oh, and Splinter Cell 5 is probably coming out this year too. What about Halo Wars? Isn't that due for this year too?

eternal added. haze added. splinter cell 5 is TBA and halo wars is '08. looking into overlord...

Parch

Overhype is a major problem in the Xbox world, but they all can't be losers. That is a very nice lineup of some potentially awesome gaming goodness.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
R0nn said:
This is what I'm really interested in:

- Crackdown (February)

- Guitar Hero II (March)
- Virtua Tennis 3 (March)

- Burnout 5 (April)

- Forza Motorsport 2 (May)
- Mass Effect (May)
- Stranglehold (May)

- Blue Dragon (June)

- Too Human (July)
- Army of Two (July)
- Turok (July)

- Virtua Fighter 5 (August)
- Bioshock (August)
- Half-life 2: Orange (August)

- Assassin's Creed (September)
- Mercenaries 2 (September)

- Lost Odyssey (October)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (October)

- Project Gotham Racing 4 (November)
- Halo 3 (November)
- Alan Wake (Holiday '07)
- Banjo 3 (Holiday '07)

It's going to be an expensive year!

BTW, you forgot about Overlord, Eternal Sonata and Haze! Oh, and Splinter Cell 5 is probably coming out this year too. What about Halo Wars? Isn't that due for this year too?

I cut that list in half. Now that's what I want...

Speevy

Banned
Overlord isn't listed on Gamestop.com for some reason.

Someone should be able to chime in on the details of its release. I can't imagine it slipping into 08.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Speevy said:
Overlord isn't listed on Gamestop.com for some reason.

Someone should be able to chime in on the details of its release. I can't imagine it slipping into 08.

codemasters is the publisher listed and when it was originally announced it had a summer '07 target date.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
That's a whole lot of "shoot shit" for 2007.

Too Human looks very B quality compared to all the other stuff.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
About 11 games I was interested in, in this list (some of which, depends on which port is better). That's a game a month for 360. Not too shabby. Things look pretty decent on PS3 side of things too. This is a good looking console year thus far. Not even counting surprise hits.

Odysseus

Banned
theoretically i'd be interested in mass effect, halo 3, i wish i could type too human in an impossibly small font, and whatever jrpgs made it over here (blue dragon, lost odyssey, eternal sonata) this year.

mollipen

elostyle said:
That's a whole lot of "shoot shit" for 2007.

And that's the problem. We've already got plenty of good "shoot shit" games, and to be honest, if it isn't called "Halo 3," I'm not really sure I need a lot more anytime soon after the good ones we got in 2006.

I'll make an exception for you, though, EDF.

J-Rzez

You have to give MS credit... there's a lot more interesting games coming out on the 360 than what was on the original xbox... the original xbox disappointed me on many levels, but the 360 is turing out to really become a gamers machine... they really went all out... There's a couple there I'm interested in, a couple I'm gonna have to check out on which is the more quality port...

Flash

how about alan wake? any chance that makes 07?

either way awesome year for the 360.
halo 3 + crackdown + mass effect + bioshock + forza + gta4 = 360 ftw

not to mention shadowrun can turn out to be a good online shooter, and too human might juts be decent. lo & bluedragon should be a jrpg treat for fans too.

and if banjo comes to, and rare really is back... :D :D

u_neek

open_mouth_ said:
Mass Effect (May)

Blue Dragon (June)

Assassin's Creed (September)

Lost Odyssey (October)

Grand Theft Auto IV (October)

Eternal Sonata (November)
Games Im really looking forward to!

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Speevy said:
It should, but the chances of it making 07 are getting smaller and smaller.

Why? Not that I'm disagreeing, but man, those talented guys at Remedy have been working at this game for 3 years now. Wouldn't you think it's time for them to come out of the closet? (that sounds a bit awkward)

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
splinter cell 5, UT '07, alan wake, banjo threeie, conan mmorpg, huxley and a few others may be out in '07 as well, but let's wait and see.

Mifune

Mehmber
In all honesty, that's a pretty varied lineup. Once you throw in all the multiplatform stuff, it seems very shooter-heavy, but from a first party and exclusive perspective, not bad at all.

There's almost one first-party game or third-party exclusive (for now) per month. Not too shabby.

Stuff I can't wait for:

Crackdown
Guitar Hero 2
Mass Effect
Blue Dragon
Too Human
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock

Wow, there's a lot on that list I'm planning to pick up:

Crackdown
Guitar Hero II
Earth Defense Force X
Too Human
Assassin's Creed
Virtua Fighter 5

Even thought I'm not a huge fan of traditional RPGs, Blue Dragon looks too lovely to miss.

Man, and I'm still extremely backlogged on 2006 games (damn you Phantasy Star Universe!)

mollipen

Flash said:
how about alan wake? any chance that makes 07?

I would looooooove for Alan Wake to be 2007, but there's no way that I'm holding my breath.

While we're also wishing, I wish Heavy Rain was '07 as well. *sob*

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Line-up really seems to be lacking up until April at least, can only find like 2 games I'm really interested in during that time-period. But after that, looks like it will pick up steadily for the rest of the year. I don't mind the slow period much though, more time for my backlog of games since it wasn't that long ago I bought a 360 anyway.

slade

Way too much that doesn't cater to my tastes. I need some good hack n' slash games thrown in there. Sadly, the few on that list all have a good chance of turning out to be crap. If only Capcom would announce a next gen Onimusha for 360.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
slade said:
Way too much that doesn't cater to my tastes. I need some good hack n' slash games thrown in there. Sadly, the few on that list all have a good chance of turning out to be crap. If only Capcom would announce a next gen Onimusha for 360.

maybe we'll see a ninja gaiden in late '07? there's also the possibility of another dungeon action rpg like baldur's gate popping up in addition to the outside chance of capcom porting dmc...

Did MoH: Airborne get pushed back from March?

weren't there rumblings that it got pushed back? it looked terrible the last time it was shown...

Odysseus said:
theoretically i'd be interested in mass effect, halo 3, i wish i could type too human in an impossibly small font, and whatever jrpgs made it over here (blue dragon, lost odyssey, eternal sonata) this year.

This is the least hate filled post from you in a long time. Are you slipping? You ain't going to win playa hata of the year if you keep this up. :lol

Barnolde

Banned
Crackdown
Guitar Hero II
Armored Core 4 (maybe)
Virtua Tennis 3 (probably)
EDF 2017 (probably)
Burnout 5 (maybe, Revenge sucked though)
Haze
BiA: HH
Mass Effect (maybe)
Stranglehold (looks awesome, but probably a rental)
Sega Rally Revo (probably)
The Darkness
Virtua Fighter 5
Bioshock
HL2: Orange
Assassin's Creed (when did this get delayed?)
Kane & Lynch
Mercenaries 2
GTA IV
UT 2007
Halo 3

Not a bad year at all, although most everything here involves shooting and seems a little same-y. I need to play all those games, but it's doubtful that I'll buy even half of them.

goldenpp72

Yes rare, the company that had 3 games released within one year on the 360, yes its shocking to think they may have ONE project ready for 2007 with so many teams.

It gets old people, rare pumps out more games then all of microsofts 1st parties.

Odysseus

Banned
platypotamus said:
This is the least hate filled post from you in a long time. Are you slipping? You ain't going to win playa hata of the year if you keep this up. :lol

steer clear of god of war ii threads, then. you're likely to find me gushing.

jjasper

Epicus.Furor said:
Viva Piñata was ready in just one year. :)

Believe :p

And their best game in almost 10 years. It definately brought me back to thinking Rare had some left in them afterall.

Top Bottom