• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you let people know they've overstayed their welcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost 2 am and I have some friends over and they are having a blast playing Wii Sports. I'm tired and I have to wake up for church early tomorrow. I don't want to be rude but they need to leave. What should I do?

mrkgoo

You need to say, "It's almost 2am. I know you're having a blast playing Wii Sports, but I'm getting tired, and I have Church early tomorrow. I don't mean to be rude, but..."

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus would probably disapprove of this thread. You've already failed at church this week, might as well not go.

C4Lukins

That is easy. "Guys, I need to get to bed for church in the morning. Time to shut it down. Thanks for coming, we need to do it again soon." Then kick the bitches out of your bed.

xaosslug

4h0u3wo.jpg

“get to steppin,”

White Man

**** finding excuses. That's why I hate interacting with people. So few people are ever really up front. It's not difficult to say "Okay, I have to wake up early, please leave" in a polite way. Man up and don't be an excuse-making pussy. Would JESUS really want you to perform some ruse to get them out?

GhaleonEB

catfish said:
Jesus would probably disapprove of this thread. You've already failed at church this week, might as well not go.
This is a good idea. Especially since my damn Nyquill hasn't kicked in yet.

Squeak

Just curious, since I live in godless northern Europe, how common is it among Americans to go to church every Sunday? And what happens if you don't?
Do you become talk of the town if you don't?

usea

When my friends are over and I'm getting tired, I just go to sleep. "Hey, I'm gonna go to sleep. I have to get up early." If they want to leave, they can.

Mato

They are waiting for you to fall asleep so that the bro rape can commence. You are so gangbanged

Core407

Banned
Take your shirt off, walk up to them and point to the door while flexing your guns and say "Da beach is dat way."

LOL at some of the responses.
Im actually faced with some of the same situations at time, but yeah, the problem now a days is that there aren't many straight up people, they always dance around words or excuses or actions for that matter.

Summon up the balls and club them all with the wiimote, bury them all in the back, and enjoy your next day at church.

I had a similar situation, actually, last night (I didn't go to church anyway, though, because I slept through two hours of my alarm clock). Here's what I did:

Them: "Gosh, SNL sure is funny lately!"

Me: "Eh, I'm still indifferent. Anyway, I have to go to church tomorrow morning. Let's call it a night."

Them: "Okay, see you around."

Me: :)

In summation:
THIS IS NOT THAT COMPLICATED

KINGMOKU

:lol I never have this problem. I always tell people the truth, and be direct.

It may sound harsh when the words;

"Listen, I gotta get up in the morning, so everyone needs to leave" but trust me, they'll understand.

Why are people so afraid to just speak?

fmcato

Out of my house. NOW.

I actually do it with friends, it's always a blast. Sounds like I'm playing a role, but I'm not.

moku said:
:lol I never have this problem. I always tell people the truth, and be direct.

It may sound harsh when the words;

"Listen, I gotta get up in the morning, so everyone needs to leave" but trust me, they'll understand.

Why are people so afraid to just speak?
there were also a couple hot chicks over and I didn't want to be the party pooper. Oh well, it's morning now and I ended up sleeping in :lol

deadbeef

muttyeah416 said:
there were also a couple hot chicks over and I didn't want to be the party pooper. Oh well, it's morning now and I ended up sleeping in :lol

So you missed church? Well, see you in hell.

S25567.jpg

muttyeah416 said:
It's almost 2 am and I have some friends over and they are having a blast playing Wii Sports. I'm tired and I have to wake up for church early tomorrow. I don't want to be rude but they need to leave. What should I do?

Viral marketing? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom