• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U update live. Nintendo loves us again.

Daingurse

Holy shit. How did I forget that? It's instant. I must've somehow managed to confuse it with exiting an original DS game (Which actually DOES reboot the system). My bad. I feel dumb, as I should.

3DS os is pretty solid, no complaints with it. Now the ergonomics. . .don't even get me started.

Holy crap how long does this take to install? I finished downloading it, restarted the system and it's been like 5 minutes so far of just a blank screen that says WiiU

B-Dex

Update took me 20 mins or so. Load times are def improved but not as drastic as some are claiming imo anyway.

Holy crap this has taken longer to install then it did to download? I want to turn off my system and turn it back on but I'm afraid I might break it, seriously this is crazy

First thing after install... plug in a bigger USB and transfer content. Guess I'll check out other features later.

For what it's worth, the two USB transfer has been stucj at about 95% on 1/6 for a couple minutes. May not be working properly

MarkusRJR

Apparently all the system apps apart from eShop have Wii Remote and Pro controller support. Fuck yes.

Can anyone confirm if the screen size setting alters the size of games too?

Okay seriously this is getting stupid how long did it take you guys for the system update to install when you restarted the system? It's been nearly 20 minutes since I restarted the system

MarkusRJR

I assume it's system wide since it's in the main console Settings.
Oh god update faster Wii U. Downloading seems to be the same speed as installing (aka slow as fuuuck). This could be a game changer for me if everything (including Wii U games) are scaled by the screen size option.

Rootbeer

Banned
Launch Wii U Deluxe here. No problems downloading over WiFi and updating; worked like a charm on the first try. After the reboot about 2/3 of the operations I tried (mostly opening/closing various stuff) was much much faster. This is how the Wii U should have operated on Day 1... but i'm not disappointed, I'm just happy they are taking it seriously and addressing it

My Wii U suddenly became a lot more fun to use now that I don't feel like everything takes 20 seconds to open and close. A++ :3

Bring on that Summer update and most of all... bring on more games!

Wow what a great week for the wii U (relatively speaking)... kirby! wii u spring update! VC (disappointing launch lineup but yeah)! and mobile miiverse :D :D

Okay seriously this is getting stupid how long did it take you guys for the system update to install when you restarted the system? It's been nearly 20 minutes since I restarted the system

Did you say you're just seeing the Wii U logo on the screen? Could it have frozen?

Did you say you're just seeing the Wii U logo on the screen? Could it have frozen?

Yeah the WiiU logo is in the bottom right corner, it's the normal screen you get when you start up the system. It's kind of sad I've never had the system freeze on me until this update -.-

MarkusRJR

Yeah the WiiU logo is in the bottom right corner, it's the normal screen you get when you start up the system. It's kind of sad I've never had the system freeze on me until this update -.-
That is when it restarts. There's an "updating" screen after that logo (which was only there for like 30 seconds for me) with a loading screen and a percent number for how far it's updated. I think your console might have hard locked. :/

MoogPaul

I finished downloading the update in like 40 minutes.

Is it faster? Yes. Can you still notice the arkwardly slow OS? Yes.

Top Bottom