• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: Rockstar won't be showing GTA 5 at E3

Volotaire

It's okay, the new Agent trailer will show up during Sony's PS4 presentation. Can't wait.

The next time Agent reveals, it won't be exclusive. That was the general feeling from the comments from Jack Trenton from the E3 interviews with Geoff Keighley.

Petrae

As others have said, Rockstar's absence is not a surprise.

What is a surprise is TTWO's complete snub of the event. No booth for 2K either, instead choosing to spend that money on other events & marketing, is notable. It's not like 2K doesn't have games to show, including its new WWE effort and The Bureau. It's a conscious decision to scale back on E3 expenses company-wide, which could be an interesting trend to watch if other pubs follow suit.

This sucks.

qtj82FT.gif

7he Talon

They don't need to be there. People already know they're getting an amazing game.

I'm just waiting for some actual gameplay.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, they really need to prove themselves and gush about the game. Everyone is already sold.

I'm hoping for a next gen reveal though. I would probably end up double dipping, just to save myself from having to switch back and forth between consoles once the PS4 comes out. Same goes for Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

Figuring that the OP was being sarcastic because this is expected. It also confirms an evolution in the industry that major gaming news and releases are likely to not be a focus of E3, where they'll be drowned out. It's more affordable and effective for big players in the industry to do their own reveals, on their own time, with their own events or news releases.

With the exception of GTAIII, no major 3D GTA release has ever been featured at E3. Maybe Chinatown Wars or one of the PSP games, but no others.

Duxxy3

All rockstar really has to say for me to buy GTAV:

"We fixed the shitty driving physics. It's actually fun now."

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
the part of me that knows Rockstar never goes to E3 is like "meh"

The part of me that is foaming at the mouth for new GTA V info is like "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

All rockstar really has to say for me to buy GTAV:

"We fixed the realistic driving physics. It's actually like every other boring arcade racer out there now."

Fixed, and god I fucking hope not.....

Game ships in september so its crunch time right now, given the size of their games I'd imagine they've been in bug crushing mode and balancing for some time.

GIT-R-DUN!

I hope this means they'll be showing it during a Nintendo Direct!

Zelnick already stated no support for Nintendo

gave me a good laugh though

k1x-

Neo Member
When has R* last (if ever) been at E3?

In 2005.

Here are some pictures and a video (download link below) of Rockstar Games' booth at E3 2005:

Q5jX1K8YStk5.jpg

bUkxUzghcMIq.jpg

Terry Donovan, CEO of Rockstar Games back in the days* (left), Dan Houser, (right)

t6L5bXowOn3g.jpg

*he left R* in 2006

From left to right: Jeff Rosa, Christian Cantamessa and Sam Houser

PemyIFREhgn5.jpg

http://pnfiles.gamespy.com/hostedftp/planetgrandtheftauto/fms/files/videos/97/rockstar_booth.wmv

If you are intersted, here's the full story:

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=21

side note: Jordan Liles, formerly editor at Planet Grand Theft Auto, works for Rockstar Games now.

Top Bottom