• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news

Brak

My Chemical Mouse said:
Wow, is it just me or is PSP doing a lot better in Japan? Both quality and sales wise? Any chance either of these crack the top 10?
The PSP always had lots of quality games, TROLL!

Defuser

My Chemical Mouse said:
Wow, is it just me or is PSP doing a lot better in Japan? Both quality and sales wise? Any chance either of these crack the top 10?
Gundam Seed always will because it is SeeD :D

Cheerilee

ant1532 said:
Yeah, because Team Ninja sucks at making games.

*rollseyes
They may not suck at making games, but they suck at making Ninja Gaiden.

And by Ninja Gaiden, I mean this...
ninja.jpg

...not the Xbox game of the same name.

Ninja Gaiden DS was a chance for Team Ninja to prove that they can make "real Ninja Gaiden", not just "Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden", and while they were at it they could prove that they're better at 2D than Koji Igarashi and maybe even Keiiji Inafune. But no, they have to go and suck. I'd rather Tecmo just make some more Rio pron for the DS.

Error said:
you hold the DS like a book? ughhhhhhhhhh

why Team Ninja why? ;(
Apparently because Ryu's character takes up 50% of the available screen space, so by making it vertical you can have 25% visibility in any given direction, instead of having 50% to the left and right and being forced to walk blind whenever you need to move up or down.

icecream

Public Health Threat
ruby_onix said:
Ninja Gaiden DS was a chance for Team Ninja to prove that they can make "real Ninja Gaiden", not just "Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden", and while they were at it they could prove that they're better at 2D than Koji Igarashi and maybe even Keiiji Inafune. But no, they have to go and suck. I'd rather Tecmo just make some more Rio pron for the DS.
Tecmo != Team Ninja

But they didn't have to make a NG either. I wonder who's bright idea that was...

Andy787 said:
Why? Why sully the name of the greatest 3D action game of all time? :(
itprintsmoney0bh5qp.jpg

justchris

God****!

I hated the 3d Ninja Gaiden almost as much as I loved the original 2d games. And touch screen controls? TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS!!!!??? You just do this to harvest my tears, don't you?

Wow, Ninja Gaiden for the DS, also Sigma to be released in june confirmed, I hope Team NINJA make a demo and released it before the lauch date.

mugwhump

Wonder if NGDS will have you drawing sword slashes on the screen... I've always wanted to try that since the DS was unveiled.

Xrenity

Ninja Gaiden DS getting a lot of hate here...

I'll actually wait for more footage/info before I state the gameplay is ruined.

Come on, Team Ninja ain't some crappy dev.

Jonnyram

Growlanser VI is PS2.

Also Q Games is working on a selection of casual games for PS3 (PSN distribution) called PixelJunk series. They're the guys who made DigiDrive for GBA and Starfox Command, not to be confused with Mizuguchi's Q? Entertainment.

bloke

360 related; Idea Factory announced another 360 game called...Desire. :lol
...and there seems to be new Trusty Bell article introducing new characters in the magazine.

toypop

"NG:Sigma demo will be released on April 27, and that has original stages apart from final version. You can play and record scores for online leader-board."

Hmm Time to buy PS3 maybe? But I don't wanna play whole NG again heh.
That was fun but painful to be owned by Alma all the day.

reminder

Jonnyram said:
Also Q Games is working on a selection of casual games for PS3 (PSN distribution) called PixelJunk series. They're the guys who made DigiDrive for GBA and Starfox Command, not to be confused with Mizuguchi's Q? Entertainment.

Cool! Maybe something similar to the bit Generation series? I would be definitely interested. :)

Kafel

Banned
Anyone remember the interview of last month when it was said that the Itagaki project on DS will be "totally different" from what he's used to ?

verplant

Jonnyram said:
Release dates:
PS3
6/14 Ninja Gaiden Sigma
6/28 Marvel Ultimate Alliance
6/29 Rainbow Six Vegas
6/?? FolksSoul
7/?? Wangan Midnight

No releases between April 1st und Ninja Gaiden?

Question: When does the new issue of ngamer (which apparently unveils a new Wii game and gave a hint last issue which was space/earth) come out?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Touch screen-only gameplay is unexpected, but I'm not gonna overreact - it's still Ninja Gaiden, the greatest ation game ever made!

Plus I need a new DS game - haven't bought one since Clubhouse Games...

I'm very intrigued to see how this plays...

Haunted

Touch-screen only is meh, borderline bleh, even.

I switched from stylus to traditional controls about 10 minutes into Super mario 64 DS - having the option really helped that game. If NG DS plays like Mario 64 DS with the stylus....

bleh.

EDIT: ah, a scan! well, it seems to look good... *sigh* play before you pay and all that.

EDITEDIT: :lol at the BIG PURPLE TEXT smeared all over the scan. At least it doesn't insult Jeux-France this time. :p

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jonnyram said:

Thanks Jonny - I almost passed that off as another game due to that artwork!

Top-down view with these controls starts to make me see what they're aiming for - and it looks to be cool...

That stage looks just like the area before and in the bone dragon boss' area - does the scan say if this is also some sort of remake? Either way, it looks like I will be buying an NG game before NG2 (still can't justify buying a PS3 for just Sigma, no matter how hardcore of an NG fan I am)...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ninja Gaiden DS sounds a bit lame, but I'm far from writing it off so early. Hopefully they at least include the option for a A/B/X/Y control scheme. Even though the game might be based around the touch controls, some people just don't like playing that way...In the end, this game brings both joy and fear into heart. Seriously, who here wasn't hoping it would be a 2D remake with more advanced combos?

NomarTyme

Grizzlyjin said:
Ninja Gaiden DS sounds a bit lame, but I'm far from writing it off so early. Hopefully they at least include the option for a A/B/X/Y control scheme. Even though the game might be based around the touch controls, some people just don't like playing that way...In the end, this game brings both joy and fear into heart. Seriously, who here wasn't hoping it would be a 2D remake with more advanced combos?
Doubt it since you hold the DS book style.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
NG on DS? hawt. And its not just GnG with a ninja theme? double hawt.

'bout time the touchscreen got a use outside of rhythm games.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
B.K. said:
I wish Atlus would release the Growlanser games in America.

What's FolkSoul?
Uh....go buy Growlanser Collection?

jesusraz said:
This one is blocked at work - any updates on what it is? Can the image be re-hosted by any chance, please?

Looks like a murder mystery adventure game.

Xellotah

Anybody waiting for the NES version of Ninja Guyden, should probably just wait until they hit the VC.

Touch screen controls? hmm .. I'll wait and see.

Top Bottom