• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news

Totalriot

NGDS looks fine to me. Thank you for the scans, Jonnyram

Grizzlyjin said:
Ninja Gaiden DS sounds a bit lame, but I'm far from writing it off so early. Hopefully they at least include the option for a A/B/X/Y control scheme.

No chance for traditional controls when you hold the DS vertically.

Meier

It's Team Ninja.. the game will look good. *looks at recent responses* I like it! Kinda reminds me of old PC games. :)

Shouta

Namomura said:
Growlanser VI Precarious World (PS2)

I need better scans to figure out what graphics engine they're using. Seems like they might be reusing GLV's engine and woof was that ugly and it's already set for a June release.

Fady K

Jonnyram said:
6/14 Ninja Gaiden Sigma
6/?? FolksSoul

Awesome :D I hope Folk Souls turns out to be decent

jj984jj said:
Trusty Bell coming out in Japan June 24th. Hopefully not much later here (given that English videos were already posted on several sites), X-Box 360 is a console RPG powerhouse this year. :)

Seriously, with Blue Dragon for summertime as well and Infinite Undiscovery as well as Lost Odyssey, things are looking good. Oh and Mass Effect :D

Error said:
a 3d ninja gaiden game on DS!?

wtf Team Ninja?!?!!??!

;_;

While the scans look neat, im not sold on the concept at all :(

Jonnyram said:
Nomura says new Disney project is not a KH game.

Hmm..this is big news. Kingdom Hearts 3 is still going to be announced this year right?

Jonnyram said:
PSP
Power Pro Portable 2 10,8,8,8
Gundam Seed Rengou vs ZAFT 9,8,8,8

Not that I care about these games, but this is the first time in a while I see high scoring PSP games on Famitsu that dont have the words Monster Hunter in them.

Jonnyram said:
Growlanser VI is PS2.

Also Q Games is working on a selection of casual games for PS3 (PSN distribution) called PixelJunk series. They're the guys who made DigiDrive for GBA and Starfox Command, not to be confused with Mizuguchi's Q? Entertainment.

Cool, another PS2 rpg. Hope the graphics are better than Vs! Also wonder what PixelJunk is like?

toypop said:
"NG:Sigma demo will be released on April 27, and that has original stages apart from final version. You can play and record scores for online leader-board."

Hmm Time to buy PS3 maybe? But I don't wanna play whole NG again heh.
That was fun but painful to be owned by Alma all the day.

:D :D :D

Yeah, Alma was such a bitch, especially on Very Hard.

Saitou

Banned
reriel said:
jeux-france has some unconfirmed info about ffta2 for ds. Rousseau and Adele seem to be the main characters.
Damn you, I was about to post this :(
Might deserve its own thread, though.
not really

Kafel

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
I saw that too. Where the hell did they get that, though?

They're not sure about their infos, they finish their article saying "it's to be confirmed".

According to them, the logo should have the shape of a judge.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Release more Growlanser in America please :(

I'd be content, even if they just translated the text and left the JP voice acting.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
What the ****? A 3D Ninja Gaiden game on the DS? I've been waiting for ages for a new 2D Ninja Gaiden game, and now it looks like that'll never happen ;_;

The DS really isn't the right demographic for a 3D Ninja Gaiden game. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to go 2D. Ain't like Castlevania doesn't do extremely well on the DS or anything.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dont think Team Ninja will make an unplayable game, Im cautiously optimistic. I really wanted a 2d entry on the DS but oh well if this works Im willing to try it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ivysaur12 said:
I saw that too. Where the hell did they get that, though?

Does that mean FFTA2 is a direct sequal to the pissy FFTA?
Which characters are those again, can someone refresh my memory

Saitou

Banned
jj984jj said:
http://mihara.sub.jp/top/blog/sb203/log/eid879.html#sequel

OMG! What is this? Cave shooter downloadable to the DS during event? Will it become a game? Is it fan made? Details please. :)
hfs.gif

TreIII

Error said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NoZ0BJvX36k

Super Robot Wars: Original Generations CM

it's official bitches! june 28th.

....So....friggin' beautiful! ;_; And we finally get a shot of Roa and Compatible Kaiser, at last! He's definitely poised to take the role of being the OG-verse's GaoGaiGar, isn't he? :D

Sheesh, between this game and Odin Sphere, in my eyes, the bar for next gen to truly be able to impress me has been raised by several degrees. Who the hell needs Highdef, polygons and all that jazz, when you got pure 2D goodness, such as what these two games represent?

Error said:
I dont think Team Ninja will make an unplayable game, Im cautiously optimistic. I really wanted a 2d entry on the DS but oh well if this works Im willing to try it.

That's pretty much exactly what I came in here to say.

Still can't believe how good GAF is at knee-jerk reactions. Heh.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
TreIII said:
....So....friggin' beautiful! ;_; And we finally get a shot of Roa and Compatible Kaiser, at last! He's definitely poised to take the role of being the OG-verse's GaoGaiGar, isn't he? :D

Sheesh, between this game and Odin Sphere, in my eyes, the bar for next gen to truly be able to impress me has been raised by several degrees. Who the hell needs Highdef, polygons and all that jazz, when you got pure 2D goodness, such as what these two games represent?
I cant wait to see Cybuster with these graphics, omg it's going to be so awesome.

TreIII

Indeed.

Now, I've just got even more vindication for why I placed the pre-order for this game back in like August or there-abouts.

Jonnyram

Fady K said:
Hmm..this is big news. Kingdom Hearts 3 is still going to be announced this year right?
No. And sorry, my original quote was a little off. He said the next Disney-related game will not be KH3. It could be another KH spin-off though.

KevinRo

It's hilarious how the mood of the thread goes from disappointment after learning the controls and playing style of Ninja Gaiden to somewhat interesting after looking at the graphics.

No. And sorry, my original quote was a little off. He said the next Disney-related game will not be KH3. It could be another KH spin-off though.

it's been known for months that they're not going to start work on KH3 for quite some time

linsivvi

Jonnyram said:
PSP
Power Pro Portable 2 10,8,8,8
Gundam Seed Rengou vs ZAFT 9,8,8,8

Fady K said:
Not that I care about these games, but this is the first time in a while I see high scoring PSP games on Famitsu that dont have the words Monster Hunter in them.

That's no ordinary Gundam game though. It's Capcom and remains the best action-oriented Gundam games to-date, Gundam Musou included.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jonnyram said:

kh-ds spin-off i think....

Shouta

Thanks Nano!

Oof, looks like they're using the graphics engine from Growlanser V. I hope they've improved it a bit. =|

Shouta said:
Thanks Nano!

Oof, looks like they're using the graphics engine from Growlanser V. I hope they've improved it a bit. =|

Still looks kind of good, though...in a way. I don't know, maybe I'm extra up for any new Growlanser title considering Atlus doesn't think it's nescesary to bring any of them over here. :(

Shouta

FateBreaker said:
Still looks kind of good, though...in a way. I don't know, maybe I'm extra up for any new Growlanser title considering Atlus doesn't think it's nescesary to bring any of them over here. :(

If you can play imports and don't mind following a guide, pick up Growlanser IV. It's the best Growlanser game to date.

Top Bottom