• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news

Takuhi

According to what's readable on that scan, except for blocking, you control everything in Ninja Gaiden with the stylus. Touch the field and you move there. Double-tap to jump. And Ninjutsu too, but I don't see them specifying how—maybe you draw the kanji, like in that lower-right photo.

Well, that sounds... That sounds...

Pretty awful, really.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Takuhi said:
According to what's readable on that scan, except for blocking, you control everything in Ninja Gaiden with the stylus. Touch the field and you move there. Double-tap to jump. And Ninjutsu too, but I don't see them specifying how—maybe you draw the kanji, like in that lower-right photo.

Pretty awful, really.
that sounds terrible

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Error said:
you hold the DS like a book? ughhhhhhhhhh

why Team Ninja why? ;(
Yeah, not ideal for any kind of action game unfortunately.

Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.
I'm kinda wishing it was NES remakes at this point.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.

Man...that is really disheartening.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.
:lol :lol :lol ahahahahhaha :lol :lol :lol :lol :lo

that's not Ninja Gaiden at all...that's...that's nothing.

Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.

I thought we were past the point of devs using the touchscreen for the sake of using the touchscreen.

Sounds terrible.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.
There are no words.

Wait, yes there are: WTF?!

Mrbob

Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.

Its like some developers do a good job with the DS and other make Ninja Gaiden DS.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mrbob said:
WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.

WHAT THE ****.
:lol :lol I'm still laughing. I wonder if Itagaki had anything to do with this.

I don't...what.

I mean, who the **** thought this was a good idea? This is like a PS3 adventure game where you only use the triggers and literally nothing else. And I don't even have a good analogy for making it 3D, that's just stupid.

WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GIVE NINJA GAIDEN TRILOGY NEW SPRITES

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST FINE

I WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU $30 FOR THAT

Matix

Matix said:
Remember this is Team Ninja, so they might can work some 3D-magic (even on the DS).

Oh..

jj984jj said:
I-can't-see-shit scans of NG have surfaced, looks like you play it with the DS on the side... I hope it's comfortable:

Hopefully Jonny will do some good ones soon. :)

Uh yea, forget what I said earlier.

NomarTyme

Takuhi said:

Pretty awful, really.
Damn, that is disheartening news.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I hate to sound negative, but, playing with the sisters mode in PoR turned out to be utterly annoying and a bitch to control for left handed people. I really don't see how this will control well. Unless this is like a faux arpg or something.

I really hope they come through with something amazing, and not Devil May Cry 2.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what a ****ing tragedy

there is always Megaman and Castlevania for more 2d action sidescrolling goodness.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
If I put my blurry-vision goggles on those pics look like they have some nice drawn backgrounds. I'm having visions of Dragon Lair for some reason. It looks to have a map screen. Uhm. Yeah.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Alright, the DS is on fire and we need to capitalize on it but we've got enough on our hands with the PS3 and 360... Hmm... Go get those new interns, would you?

ethelred said:
Maybe they looked at Phantom Hourglass and got inspired by that.

You remember an argument a while back about how Nintendo should try to inspire 3rd parties by showing what could be done on their own systems?

I take that back. All of it.

Takuhi

Deku said:
Who said its an action game?

Well, they say it's an Action-Adventure, to be specific...

So maybe there's still hope for Hotel Ninja Gaiden?

But I jest. There is no hope here.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Watch them come out with a kick ass 2.5D ninja gaiden on PSP...
complete with every 2D ninja gaiden as an unlockable.

Jonnyram

Reviews:

DS
Shin Sangoku Musou DS 7,6,7,7
Meitantei Conan 6,6,7,7

PSP
Power Pro Portable 2 10,8,8,8
Gundam Seed Rengou vs ZAFT 9,8,8,8

PS2
Naruto 8,8,8,8
Netsu Star 2007 8,8,7,7

Wii