• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

Gibbo

On a side note, all this talk about you guys importing the Asian version of Blue dragon made me look up the prices of your X360 games. Seems that our games are significantly cheaper than yours. Taking the price of C&C3 listed on EB games as an example, the Asian version is cheaper by about $15 USD...

john tv

Orodreth said:
To complicate things a bit more it seems like, from what this buddy told in other forum, once you choose the voice over you cant change it to other and keep using the same saved game. So it seems to be compatible with previous jap saved games if you use jap voice over but if you select korean voices the saved game is not compatible.

Also the subtitles are automatic and are chosen acording to your dashboard language.

Sounds really strange. I suppose Blimblim will be able to confirm all this, in a few days?
That's fine with me -- I was planning to use Japanese voices anyway, so it *should* be all good. We'll see, I guess. Expecting my copy hopefully tomorrow.

Gibbo said:
On a side note, all this talk about you guys importing the Asian version of Blue dragon made me look up the prices of your X360 games. Seems that our games are significantly cheaper than yours. Taking the price of C&C3 listed on EB games as an example, the Asian version is cheaper by about $15 USD...

The difference is more marked when comparing with Euro prices, which is one of the main reasons I got one, even though I already have a PAL console.

Orodreth

Btw, i´m starting to watch the anime (doesnt seem to be anything special but entertains when you dont have anything else) . Does it spoil the game completely? Theres a new chick?(in the opnening/ending) and some new baddies (i suppose) but it seems to follow the same story with minor changes.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Orodreth said:
Btw, i´m starting to watch the anime (doesnt seem to be anything special but entertains when you dont have anything else) . Does it spoil the game completely? Theres a new chick?(in the opnening/ending) and some new baddies (i suppose) but it seems to follow the same story with minor changes.
The anime has mostly nothing in common with the game except the characters and a few stuff of the world itself. Dragons don't talk in the game for example. I was surprised that they kept a few of the games music though.

Orodreth

Blimblim said:
The anime has mostly nothing in common with the game except the characters and a few stuff of the world itself. Dragons don't talk in the game for example.

Ok, thanks. Its safe to watch it then.

Blimblim said:
I was surprised that they kept a few of the games music though.

Yep, i recognized them :) at least the one when they summon the shadows and start the combat. Shu also makes the same back flip and maybe some of the special attacks are from the game too.

Tabs

My copy from Play-Asia showed up this morning, but I'm at work. Gah, PS3 firmware update and Blue Dragon waiting at home are going to make this a long day.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ok, I just recorded the first 10 minutes of the asian version. It's definitely the same game as before, no optimizations or anything like that. Somehow it seems that the soundtrack mix is slightly different, but maybe it's my memory.
Anyway, video will encode for two and half hours, so it won't be online until quite some time.

Blimblim said:
Ok, I just recorded the first 10 minutes of the asian version. It's definitely the same game as before, no optimizations or anything like that. Somehow it seems that the soundtrack mix is slightly different, but maybe it's my memory.
Anyway, video will encode for two and half hours, so it won't be online until quite some time.

Hope it's in English this time!

Flock

ergh, i cannot even be bothered anymore. I'm selling my pal 360 and im going to pick up an asian one and a copy of blue dragon, its going to be worth it im sure with much cheaper asian games in english anyway! So seeing as play asia is out of stock can anyone reccomend a good place to pick one up? im in Australia if anybody knows anywhere near there...

bumpkin

So am I just behind the eight ball, or is Blue Dragon being bumped to July news to anyone else? I was under the impression it was due out in June, but when I decided to check on some release dates -- in lieu of VF5's alleged slide -- I found Blue Dragon shifted as well. :(

Brashnir

bumpkin said:
So am I just behind the eight ball, or is Blue Dragon being bumped to July news to anyone else? I was under the impression it was due out in June, but when I decided to check on some release dates -- in lieu of VF5's alleged slide -- I found Blue Dragon shifted as well. :(

I thought it was an August release...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I had almost forgotten how great the lighting in this game was, even in the not so interesting environments at the start...
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I like how an asian version releases with english subtitles and JPN voices and yet here I am waiting until August for the US version.

::Goes emo on his wrists::

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If you told me those screens were CG cutscenes, I would believe you.

And I like the font, the menus definitely need some borders or fill ins or something. Hopefully it's customizable

Saw you playing this earlier today Blimblim, lucky bastard :p

Orodreth said:
Thx.

Were you able to try if the the jap saved games are compatible?

i tried this asian version, and it recognizes your previous saves from the japanese version, but i didn't tried to load any of those saves because i wanted to start the game from the begining. i will try to load one of my previous saves later

the subs and menus looks very generic, but i don't really care about that, it's the same style as the japanese version, aside of the language, obviously. so i'm used to it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's amazing how this game still looks like CGI... wow...

Going to be tough trying to fit it into my gaming schedule unfortunately... sigh

Sho Nuff

Banned
That font kinda sucks. Translation seems clean and the subtitles appear to match the lip flaps, so I assume that's what we'll be hearing in the voiced version.

LOL, Land Shark!

edit: What's up the woman's voice saying stuff like "Playable"?
edit: Arghhh, the characters are annoying hyperactive children

Hunahan

Banned
Hey Blim, I'm seriously thinking about buying a HDTV for this game.

Is there any possible chance you could switch over to SD resolutions and take just a couple quick screengrabs so I could see how much quality gain I'm actually looking to get out of this investment the next time you boot it up?

If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it....it would just really help to see what kind of value I'm actually getting on the upgrade. Thanks in advance....

..and thanks for the continued coverage of the game either way.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Blimblim said:
I had almost forgotten how great the lighting in this game was, even in the not so interesting environments at the start...

Looks great as always! One thing I haven't seen much of, maybe because people don't want to spoil the game, but how are the bosses? To they get more awesome as the game goes along? What about the magic attacks etc. I've always been a sucker for summons in the FF series, do we get any sort of spectacles like that?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Thunderbear said:
Looks great as always! One thing I haven't seen much of, maybe because people don't want to spoil the game, but how are the bosses? To they get more awesome as the game goes along? What about the magic attacks etc. I've always been a sucker for summons in the FF series, do we get any sort of spectacles like that?
Yeah there are summons-like attacks where the shadows take their real form.
I'll see if I can take some 480p captures of the game.

Kosma

Banned
I just watched the first ten mins...game looks stunning and is oozing with character. Only problem I have is that announcer voice thingy, hope you can turn it off in the US/EU release. Dowloading the second ten mins now, after that I ain't watching no more media for this game. Don't want to spoil it too much. In fact I may even skip the second vid , although I think I already saw some stuff from it on IGN (insider). I really hope the game sells well enough to warrant a sequel or something.

If I'll have to choose between this and Halo 3 in September (Europe) I'll be playing this first :) Although I will buy Halo ofc.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sho Nuff said:
That font kinda sucks. Translation seems clean and the subtitles appear to match the lip flaps, so I assume that's what we'll be hearing in the voiced version.

LOL, Land Shark!

edit: What's up the woman's voice saying stuff like "Playable"?
edit: Arghhh, the characters are annoying hyperactive children

I like that the main character actually sounds like a BOY and not a little girl, for once. I was expecting a VA like Son Goku's or something.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ok I did some 480p 16:9 mode captures, and then some 480i 4:3 ones.
480p 16/9 (resized to a proper 16:9 ratio of course)
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

480i 4:3, no resize just deinterlaced
01.jpg

02.jpg