• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
.Abras. said:
I can confirm it works on US consoles but not in PAL. I know, weird.

It's everything in english with japanese voices.:D

HEEELLL YEAH! I am definitely getting this then, import here I come.

.Abras.

Just to make it more clear:

Korean version of Blue Dragon that just came out works on US Consoles but not PAL.
You can play with everything in english with the voices in japanese.

Snaku

Banned
.Abras. said:

Korean version of Blue Dragon that just came out works on US Consoles but not PAL.

Do you have it? Have you personally confirmed it?

.Abras. said:

So there is a separate Korean version that is DIFFERENT than the Asian one that just came out (because that one has the Korean language option too)?

joelseph

There are two versions out. The Japanese version and the Asia version that has English/Chinese menus and subtitles. Both games are listed for NTSC-J only. Whats up?

.Abras.

I don't have it, but I have two close friends that already tested the korean version.
They got it fast because they used another way, if you know what I mean.

I will just wait play asia get it to order my copy.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Stop teasing me GAF does it work or NOT ! :p

And if it does... where do i buy it?:lol

Wait wait.. you mean "another way" i assume you mean firmware hack, do firmware 360's bypass region locks?

.Abras. said:
I don't have it, but I have two close friends that already tested the korean version.
They got it fast because they used another way, if you know what I mean.

I will just wait play asia get it to order my copy.

So there are FOUR versions? Japanese release, Japanese Asia release, Asia release with JP/Korean audio and English/Chinese subs, and a separate still Korean version?

.Abras. said:
Can I post the release NFO from the scene so I can show exaclty what version they used or it is against the forum rules? I just want to help, not get banned.

Check the previous page of this thread, does any of that look familiar? There are some posts about "the scene", and then someone said the Korean version is NOT region free.

Jonnyram

.Abras. said:
Can I post the release NFO from the scene so I can show exaclty what version they used or it is against the forum rules? I just want to help, not get banned.
Just stop, man. Please.
Unless you have a copy in your hands, don't even comment on this.

.Abras.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Check the previous page of this thread, does any of that look familiar? There are some posts about "the scene", and then someone said the Korean version is NOT region free.

It looks like BlizzyAzz already posted. I'm starting to think that something is not right. As I said, I just want to play as much as you guys. I will check this better, just a sec.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
After reading up more it seems firmware hacks do NOT bypass region locks.

So I am more confused then ever! :lol

john tv

.Abras. said:
It looks like BlizzyAzz already posted. I'm starting to think that something is not right. As I said, I just want to play as much as you guys. I will check this better, just a sec.
Take a few days off to learn what the words "I can confirm" mean. And read the damn thread before you try to be a hero. Next time it's permanent.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just ordered this. :D I had no idea that an English text version was even coming out, and this week.

When is the American release coming out? Is it going to be fully dubbed? I'm pretty much stuck with Asian/Japanese releases anyway, but I'm glad to have Blue Dragon with Japanese voices.

EDIT: If the game worked on U.S. and PAL systems, wouldn't Play-Asia say that?

john tv

Lyte Edge said:
Just ordered this. :D I had no idea that an English text version was even coming out, and this week.

When is the American release coming out? Is it going to be fully dubbed? I'm pretty much stuck with Asian/Japanese releases anyway, but I'm glad to have Blue Dragon with Japanese voices.

EDIT: If the game worked on U.S. and PAL systems, wouldn't Play-Asia say that?
US version is...August? I think? And yes, it's fully dubbed. No Japanese voices AFAIK, only English ones. (Don't quote me on that, but that's the last I heard.)

pCeSlAyEr

Korean Version does NOT work on US 360's... :*(

and ya I can confirm this..

well now this just sucks...

*EDIT*
just talked to a friend of mine who lives in europe and PAL doesnt work either.

Snaku

Banned
john tv said:
US version is...August? I think? And yes, it's fully dubbed. No Japanese voices AFAIK, only English ones. (Don't quote me on that, but that's the last I heard.)

US version will have the Japanese dub (with subtitles) as well as the English dub.

Hunahan

Banned
So...wait. The Korean versions does/doesn't/sorta/kinda/not really/doesn't work? Wait....what?

We need one official statement about the conclusion to this clusterf***

john tv said:

Yeah rly. This was confirmed months ago...check back a few pages in the thread...

Tailzo

disappeared said:
Well, it looks like our dreams of importing this one are slowly being broken.
You mean crushed. Sadly, this means no japanese voices for PAL players, unless the US version works on PAL, but I'm not counting on that.

duckroll

john tv said:
Take a few days off to learn what the words "I can confirm" mean. And read the damn thread before you try to be a hero. Next time it's permanent.

Wow, that's really generous of you. He totally ****ed himself up. :lol

manzo

.Abras. said:

1179738257048.jpg

Orodreth

john tv said:
Whoa, nice! That saves me about 14 hours right there, if true. :)

To complicate things a bit more it seems like, from what this buddy told in other forum, once you choose the voice over you cant change it to other and keep using the same saved game. So it seems to be compatible with previous jap saved games if you use jap voice over but if you select korean voices the saved game is not compatible.

Also the subtitles are automatic and are chosen acording to your dashboard language.

Sounds really strange. I suppose Blimblim will be able to confirm all this, in a few days?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Orodreth said:
To complicate things a bit more it seems like, from what this buddy told in other forum, once you choose the voice over you cant change it to other and keep using the same saved game. So it seems to be compatible with previous jap saved games if you use jap voice over but if you select korean voices the saved game is not compatible.

Also the subtitles are automatic and are chosen acording to your dashboard language.

Sounds really strange. I suppose Blimblim will be able to confirm all this, in a few days?
I'll give it a try. I guess I'll have to delete my saves though, since all 30 slots are used.

BlizzyAzz

Rimshot said:
So is it regionfree or not? People keep saying yes and no back n forth.

To make it short: HELL 2 THE NO!

Even the sources that stated in the beginning it was region free, correct it to NTSC-J only.

Gibbo

Spent about 30 mins on it and the translation seemes pretty decent. It'll probably be what you guys will be getting in a few months. I think some guys here tried using the googles patch or whatever; the one that lets you see the location of some hidden shit. It seems that it doesn't work on this version

Top Bottom