• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

Natsume

Blimblim said:
For Europeans with Asian/JP 360s obviously. I shall have been clearer I guess.
Time to buy such a 360 people! ;)

Bah I should have known. Also I don't really see any merit getting a JP 360. Don't they get like less games?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
JunoTaksumi said:
Bah I should have known. Also I don't really see any merit getting a JP 360. Don't they get like less games?
Lots of asian release are day and date with the US/PAL ones, but much cheaper :)

Well we should know today or so if the asian release is region free. I hope it is alot of microsoft games have been so fingers crossed. If it isnt i think i will look into buying a jpn region machine again.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
supermackem said:
Well we should know today or so if the asian release is region free. I hope it is alot of microsoft games have been so fingers crossed.
Not going to happen, mark my words.

Blimblim said:
Not going to happen, mark my words.

hehe dont burst my bubble blim blim let me live the dream a few more hours. On a side note has this even got a pal release date, i have a us elite so worst case it will be bought in aug but alot of my friends want this too.

Well I am at least excited, as the owner of a JPN system. £22.96 and I get to play it months early. GET IN!

Thanks for the heads up Blim, you de man as always!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hopefully I'll get it on wednesday :)

Orodreth

Yay! I hope it arrives on time for when i get back home on june.

A pity they didnt keep japanese subtitles option. Its just that i´m trying to learn it and would have been a good training exercise having options for both jap and english subs but well, you cant have everything.

pubba

Thanks for the update! Ill check local stores here in Taiwan tomorrow. Hopefully some of them will carry the English/Chinese version :) Cheers!

Orodreth

The Innocent X said:
Confirmed as not region free too.

Mine just shipped as well. Looking forward to it.

Mine shipped too.

A friend of mine in Taiwan said he got a Collectors Edition. If possible, ill post some of his pictures.

Also, very nice that you can use your japanese version saved game (if you have one) so you can follow previous progress.

EDIT: Pics:

NaN said:

Code for Free stuff (not checked yet, the site is not working atm)

Manual, english and chinese.

Alternate cover:

ingame. You can follow your progress from the jap version saved game:

Orodreth said:
Mine shipped too.

A friend of mine in Taiwan said he got a Collectors Edition. If possible, ill post some of his pictures.

Also, very nice that you can use your japanese version saved game (if you have one) so you can follow previous progress.

i talked to him and he told me that there's no collector's edition. he just got a free figure and the common faceplat for Blue Dragon, but it's not a Collector's Edition, just a regular one.

mine is shipped too, i hope it doesn't take too long heh. i can't hardly wait for it.

Orodreth

intheinbetween said:
i talked to him and he told me that there's no collector's edition. he just got a free figure and the common faceplat for Blue Dragon, but it's not a Collector's Edition, just a regular one.

mine is shipped too, i hope it doesn't take too long heh. i can't hardly wait for it.

Ok, thx for clarifying that.

PS: We still have some Senko online matches pending ;)

GONZO

ok, Ok wait one minute here. Are you guys saying that the asian version that's up on playasia will work on my US 360? Cause I'm about to order that bitch right now if it is. You guys may have just made my month!!!!!

GONZO said:
ok, Ok wait one minute here. Are you guys saying that the asian version that's up on playasia will work on my US 360? Cause I'm about to order that bitch right now if it is. You guys may have just made my month!!!!!

No, we are saying that it will NOT work. Sorry.

GONZO said:

Errr no I think they said it ISN'T region free.

pCeSlAyEr

a buddy of mine told me Play Asia is wrong and it is region free :/

I don't know about him sometimes, so I guess i'll wait for someone to test it lol

pCeSlAyEr said:
a buddy of mine told me Play Asia is wrong and it is region free :/

I don't know about him sometimes, so I guess i'll wait for someone to test it lol

They have been wrong a couple of times before (eg crackdown asian version works fine but was originally listed as not).

Rest assured the first thing I do will be to try it in my PAL console, before switching it to my JPN one

john tv

Orodreth said:
Whoa, nice! That saves me about 14 hours right there, if true. :)

Jan

I´m reading in some not very reliable sources that IS region free. Just waiting to someone to crush my hapiness.

Tailzo

jaask said:
Yes atleast the Korean version of the game is region free. Works on NTSC-J, NTSC-U and PAL-EUR.
Ok, that is the one with english text? Where did I order this again?

edit: Argh, I'm not sure if that version had english text.

edit: 2 currently searching for stores that we PAL people can order from.

Tailzo

What was that a warez site?

Btw. I have a friend that is named Jan. He wants Blue Dragon so much, but he absolutely want japanese voices. At first, I thought you may be him. Then I realised he doesn't write too much at messageboards.

Still searching for info and stores.

jaask

Tailzo said:
Ok, that is the one with english text? Where did I order this again?

edit: Argh, I'm not sure if that version had english text.

edit: 2 currently searching for stores that we PAL people can order from.
Yea it has english subs and menus.

jaask

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Korean version is different than the Asian version?
I believe there are Korean and Chinese versions of which Chinese isn't playable on PAL consoles but the Korean is. Dunno for sure though...

edit: It seem's this is not the case :(

Top Bottom