• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

Jonnyram

goldenpp72 said:
Is the anime even doing well in japan? the game hasnt sold a copy in awhile.
I imagine the anime will do well by default given that it's on at 9am on Saturday mornings. The game is still selling 1-1.5k a week anyway. I don't think it's exploded with the anime or anything, but the increased awareness can't harm.

Man, the anime's story is so different to the game's though... it was pretty good this week in the end.

duckroll

The anime ratings are pretty good. As Jonny mentioned it has a great timeslot too. It averages about 3.3% or so viewership each week so far, which is way better than the 1.9% or so that late night anime gets. Not sure if this will convert into DVDs and game sales though.

Thoren

Banned
Great video Blim. I noticed the framerate dropped quite a bit with the super attacks. Is that normal or just because of the video?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Thoren said:
Great video Blim. I noticed the framerate dropped quite a bit with the super attacks. Is that normal or just because of the video?
That's the way it is, and my only issue with the game.

Manp

i was going to ask if that horrible tearing is actually in the game or is something else's fault but i guess i already got my answer :(

:)

FFChris

Blimblim said:
That's the way it is, and my only issue with the game.

Do you know if that will be fixed in the US/European versions of the game?

Edit: Just watched the video, the enemies actually look kind of difficult. Which was my main grumble about the other videos I watched (the enemies look way too easy). But wow, every time I watch new footage of this game I want to play it more and more. This will be my first JRPG purchase on the 360, maybe a day 1 as well.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
FFChris said:
Do you know if that will be fixed in the US/European versions of the game?
I really doubt it. As far as I know the US/PAL versions is the same game with different audio and subtitles. Just like N3.
I hope I'm wrong though.

Thoren

Banned
Who the hell cares what gamestop says? They don't decide when the game comes out, and release rumors have been shot down on the bioware forums MANY times.

Anyways, back to Blue Dragon, with the occasional lag, how badly noticable is it? Is it just during special moves? What about out of combat?

Thoren said:
Who the hell cares what gamestop says?

Usually they're pretty correct on the dates when it gets close. Somehow whenever they manage to delay it to exact dates (Rogue Galaxy to 1/30), it lots of times ends up being true.

john tv

Anybody here know what's up with this rumored Asian version of Blue Dragon that's supposed to be out this month? Is it real? Is there an official web site or PR with more info? I can't find anything, but I want to track it down if it's legit.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
john tv said:
Anybody here know what's up with this rumored Asian version of Blue Dragon that's supposed to be out this month? Is it real? Is there an official web site or PR with more info? I can't find anything, but I want to track it down if it's legit.
The official web site for the asian version(s?) has not been updated since a few days :
http://www.bluedragonthegame.com/
But it's in english for Singapore, and the game is slated for a May 22 release there, so I'd say it's true.
Now all I want to know is if there are different versions for each asian territory or not.

Tailzo

Blimblim said:
Don't count on it.
That's what I thought. Oh well, next is hoping that Eternal Sonata (ntsc-jap) works on a pal 360. My guess is no.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Blue Dragon, a shame we will not get japanese voices in Europe, I really wanted to have that as an option.

duckroll

john tv said:
Killer. Next step: who's gonna pick one up for me? :)

If Play-Asia doesn't put the english version up for order by next week, just PM me. :)

I was just talking to Blimblim today because my regular local store here is taking preorders for it already.

john tv

duckroll said:
If Play-Asia doesn't put the english version up for order by next week, just PM me. :)

I was just talking to Blimblim today because my regular local store here is taking preorders for it already.
Cool, thanks man. I'll keep an eye out for it in the meantime.

Tabs

I'm hoping Play-Asia will have it for sale as well. Playing through the JPN version now is great supplementary study material, but I'd also like to have the English subs.

farnham

Banned
The Blue Dragon Anime is pretty well made imo..

And its a new toriyama akira anime&manga ... i mean after Dragonball Z he has done nothing besides the Dragon Quest games (DragonBall GT isnt even from him..)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!

Snaku

Banned
QVT said:
I don't understand, does that mean someone in the US could order it early from there and play it on an American 360? The website is really confusing =\

Yeah, will this work on American 360s?

Llyranor

Well, if you look at the Play-Asia website, there's a green check near the NTSC-J marker, and question marks next to PAL and NTSC. Given past precedent, I think it's pretty safe to say this WON'T work in those regions.

Llyranor said:
Well, if you look at the Play-Asia website, there's a green check near the NTSC-J marker, and question marks next to PAL and NTSC. Given past precedent, I think it's pretty safe to say this WON'T work in those regions.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

Gibbo

4 more days till its out in Singapore :D

Some guys already got their hands on a copy and it seems that its Japanese/ Korean voices + English Subs

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Jan said:
I remember Blim saying no, but asian versions of games like Gears of War are region free if am not wrong
International releases like Gears are region free since they are released on all territories at the same time.
Release like Blue Dragon who come out first in Asia are *all* region encoded.

Natsume

Blimblim said:
International releases like Gears are region free since they are released on all territories at the same time.

So how was this a perfect release for us Europeans?

Ponn

Banned
Blimblim said:

So are you saying its all region encoded? I don't know if you consider Japan part of Asia or not.

Orodreth

Blimblim

The Inside Track
JunoTaksumi said:
So how was this a perfect release for us Europeans?
For Europeans with Asian/JP 360s obviously. I shall have been clearer I guess.
Time to buy such a 360 people! ;)
Orodreth said:
Thanks, great, thats the one im getting.

Will this one be the same as japanese original release just with subtitles or will it have any updated content/fixes?
Last I heard this will be just like N3, the core game will stay exactly the same.

Top Bottom