• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Benoit family conference on CNN : official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

ghostmind said:
folks got banned in the other thread for saying less...
yet farnham did not get banned for saying it is justifable to murder a 7 year old son if a vortex was about to take him, and according to him because we have no proof of a lack of a vortex there is resonable doubt for a murder. :lol

Bibles were placed besides the bodies of Nancy and Daniel.

Nancy's hands and feet were bound and she was wrapped in a towel.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Benoit hung him sell using a pulley weight system in his weight room! The lat machine!

Cheebs

Petey Pabs said:
Bibles were placed besides the bodies of Nancy and Daniel.

Nancy's hands and feet were bound and she was wrapped in a towel.
bibles? The ****er doesn't deserve religion after killing a child in cold blood.

Nameless

I thought it was reported he rushed home Saturday, but his wife died Friday? Where was he friday? I know SD is taped, but wouldn't he be on the road for the show saturday?

farnham

Banned
Nameless said:
I thought it was reported he rushed home Saturday, but his wife died Friday? Where was he friday? I know SD is taped, but wouldn't he be on the road for the show saturday?
interesting indeed

pCeSlAyEr

Cheebs said:
bibles? The ****er doesn't deserve religion after killing a child in cold blood.
perhaps he was sending them on there way to heaven? a place where he is not going...

*EDIT*
I mean like he felt guilty and placed the bible near them..

kassatsu

Banned
Nameless said:
They said in some other reports that he missed a house show and the pay-per-view.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Drug update: a lot of legal prescription drugs were found in addition to some anabolic steroids....

ManaByte

farnham said:
interesting indeed

Please tells us more.

From the facts given, he didn't rush home Saturday. He was home over the weekend and called in to the PPV on Sunday saying he couldn't be there due to "family issues".

We now know those "family issues" were the MURDER of his KID and WIFE. He is a MURDERER. DEAL WITH IT.

fallout

malek4980 said:
Clearly he smothered his son with love, only his love was a little too strong.

And you got to admire his work effort. After killing his family, the first place he goes to is right back to the weight room.
This was a welcomed contribution to this thread. Both witty, and insightful. You've clearly enlightened us to ideas that would not have been brought forth otherwise.

Anyway, this is going to **** his friends up more than anything ever could. I feel sorry for the people that knew him as a good man. I can't imagine how hard this would be to take.

What I find interesting is that if it had been anything other than the bible found next to the bodies - anything from a copy of Grand Theft Auto to Tuesdays with Morrie - there would now be people calling for that thing to be banned. But because it's the bible nobody will say anything.

Busty

Banned
Despite being a cliche, it is strangely fitting. "Just when you think you've seen it all.." , especially in this day and age.

I still feel sorry for their respective families though. I'm having a hard enough time getting my head round it never mind what they must be thinking.

Either way, WWE is going to feel a catastrophic backlash over this whole affair in a number of ways. Mark my words.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
malek4980 said:
Clearly he smothered his son with love, only his love was a little too strong.

And you got to admire his work effort. After killing his family, the first place he goes to is right back to the weight room.

Not funny.

Manics

Banned
bjork said:
But if it came out that it was a home invasion or something, people would've given WWE shit anyway, for furthering the Mr McMahon death storyline when one of the wrestlers really died. I'm sure they got enough shit from old fans for only giving Sensational Sherri a splash image for like 10 seconds last week, and she hadn't been on the active WWE roster since 1993. I think they tried to take the safer of two choices, and it blew up in their face.

I wasn't suggesting they go on with the show. They should have aired NOTHING. Tell the networks to air some old repeat of something or other until they found out the details of what happened. SOMEONE knew something was up if they notified authorities to go to his house. The fact that they aired a "tribute" to this piece of shit is sad.

Aisenherz

Banned
So he was at home, killed his wife. After that day, he watched the PPV with his son WHO MAY HAVE BEEN ALIVE and killed him after that. At the end, he killed himself!
Sick ..... sick

kassatsu

Banned
Aisenherz said:
So he was at home, killed his wife. After that day, he watched the PPV with his son WHO MAY HAVE BEEN ALIVE and killed him after that. At the end, he killed himself!
Sick ..... sick
The press conference said he killed the wife on Friday and himself and the son on Saturday.

Boogie

Manics said:
I wasn't suggesting they go on with the show. They should have aired NOTHING. Tell the networks to air some old repeat of something or other until they found out the details of what happened. SOMEONE knew something was up if they notified authorities to go to his house. The fact that they aired a "tribute" to this piece of shit is sad.

Exactly. I love how the response to criticsms of the Tribute is "bu-bu-bu, they had to do SOMETHING"

No they ****ing didn't. They could cancel the gawdamned show for a week. The world would keep on spinning.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Here are the details via TMZ.com

Cops Give Gruesome Details of Benoit Killing Spree

Posted Jun 26th 2007 3:15PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice
Officials have confirmed the horrifying details in the deaths of wrestling superstar Chris Benoit and his family.

In a statement by a member of the Fayetteville Sheriff's Department, "Mr, Benoit had sometime, possibly Friday, murdered his wife by asphyxiation. Sometime shortly after that, the same for his son Daniel and sometime later ... committed suicide by hanging himself in the basement area."

According to officials, Nancy was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body, and blood was found underneath her head. A Bible was also reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

Police have also confirmed that prescription drugs and steroids were found in the house.

Benoit was found hanging in a weight room in his house. Cops say that he used a cord from one of his workout machines as a makeshift noose. Authorities also believe that Benoit died on Saturday.

Story developing ...

What a horrible, horrible monster.

Aisenherz

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
What I find interesting is that if it had been anything other than the bible found next to the bodies - anything from a copy of Grand Theft Auto to Tuesdays with Morrie - there would now be people calling for that thing to be banned. But because it's the bible nobody will say anything.
Because he didn't kill his wife and son after reading the "so violent bible".
The "violent" GTA is a different story...!!

bjork

Manics said:

If you run a company that relies on its big stars, and one goes missing, you have someone go see what's up. I don't think it was so much "hey, I wonder if he did some weird shit to his family" as it was a "we need him here because he's on ECW now, he's going to be given lots of airtime on the show, we need ratings, where is he" kind of thing.

Boogie said:
Exactly. I love how the response to criticsms of the Tribute is "bu-bu-bu, they had to do SOMETHING"

No they ****ing didn't. They could cancel the gawdamned show for a week. The world would keep on spinning.

A show that's never missed an airing since 1993, even when wrestlers died in the past? Granted, it was far different from the past tribute shows, but one of the big draws of wrassling is that there's no off-season.

koam

jesus christ, one of the local stations here ran the headline "Benoit: Biggest heal turn in wrestling history"

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Leaving a Bible next to the bodies is just plain weird.

Last I checked, murder wasn't acceptable in any faith that derives from it's contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom