• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword Online Multiplayer... WHAT?

Zen

Banned
Heavenly Sword to get online multiplayer
July 18th, 2007

Heavenly Sword will be getting online multiplayer in November 2007. It will be a downloadable add-on via the PlayStation Store. It will be free of charge. There will be several modes available in online play. You will create your own custom warrior to fight online, with a varitey of customization options. You can also download accessories and many other items for your warrior on the PlayStation Store. Currently the modes available are:

Deathmatch (Maximum of 8 players per game)
PVP (1 vs. 1)
Capture the Flag (16 players)
Control (Capture all the Zones on the map to win, 16 players)
2 modes that have yet to be revealed
The download will also bring splitscreen offline and splitscreen online (similar to Warhawk) to the game. Online seems to be a must this generation and Ninja Theory will be bringing it to Heavenly Sword. Hopefully it isn’t just tacked on, I wouldn’t mind them even delaying the game to make sure that online is available on the day of release.

http://gaminginsider.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/heavenly-sword-to-get-online-multiplayer/

nAo DeanoC saying it's fake = Fake
NAo DeanoC not saying anything = Real

Which will it be? Online multiplayer and split screen? wtf? :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So basically they're rushing this out before the onslaught of the holiday line up

And CTF what? You'd think this game was an FPS just looking at the modes...

God damn it, this thread almost made me choke on my eel roll.
I have to call shens on this , someone on the official side would have mentioned it by now and I also do not see how it could possibly work.
MAYBE co-op.

USD

Well, that's a bit unexpected if true. Dipping into the world of online play is going to require balance, hopefully they focus on that.

methane47

LOL WTF?!

53sbgi9.gif

Oneself

Even though the idea of an online brawler is insanely cool and refreshing, I hope they will not compromise the single player experience for this.

If this was true it would be the greatest thing ever. That type of multiplayer modes on this type of game isn't dumb. ITS AWESOME!

It's probably fake thought.

USD

Oneself said:
Even though the idea of an online brawler is insanely cool and refreshing, I hope they will not compromise the single player experience for this.
It would be coming out 2 months after the game releases, I highly doubt that's an issue.

BuddyC

This rumor (not the news post) is old enough that I asked Nina Kristensen about it at Sony's Gamers Day. In short, maybe for a future game, but Heavenly Sword has been designed around a single-player experience.

Kristensen also told Shacknews that that while the studio is focused on delivering a top-notch single player experience with Heavenly Sword, the team has discussed the possibility of a multiplayer game set in the universe.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=338

please forgive the weird image cropping, we haven't completely reformatted our old articles for the new design yet

BuddyC

SumGamer said:
If so then we should be able to play asother characters as well, no?
I wont count on this one.
It's already been confirmed you play as more than one character in Heavenly Sword...

WHATDOG.GIF

THIS IS OFICILLAY MY GAME OF THE YEAR!

Edit: Just wrote what you wrote BuddyC, alas I don't even have a PS3 right now anyway :(

Zen

Banned
Still that doesn't stop them from changing plans and having amultiplayer component after release... I'd hope nAo comes in here to debunk it or confirm it, because this is so out of left feild that it's probably fake, but would be awesome. Or she just didn't want to reveal that information at that time. ugh hopefully this gets straightened out.

tribal24

Banned
i remember talks about this they didnt wanna add multiplayer because they wanted to focus on single player, and they said they would prolly patch multi to the game but who knows

manxor

Wow, amazing if true. Release in September, patch in MP 2 months later. Genius, I like!!!
You never see MP in these types of games, I hope it works well. The only game I can think of that'd be close is that not-so-good demo of Iron Phoenix I played.

Miguga64

mmm... ok action multiplayer...? maybe it can work, it will help more people to be pleased with the game's graphics!

16 players sound interesting

Pimpwerx

Y2Kev said:
How in the world would deathmatch work in this game :lol

edit: This is noooz
I think that idea finally deserves the masher label people like to sling around. A DM in this game sounds like a mashfest waiting to happen. They'll need to put in some good weapon interaction mechanics to make this work. Soul Edge/Calibur have it right IMO. PEACE.

spwolf

keep in mind that they finished HS already, except for last minute fixes... so they actually have time to do stuff like this (and this is why demo is already done)...

but seriously... Tekken like 1vs1 mode would be crazy nice.

kay

Ranger X said:
Wow. That was unexpected.
BUT, Microtransactions for the lose. The original purchase better be meaty!
The game is near complete, don't worry. Not Motorstorm complete either.

Ranger X

kay said:
The game is near complete, don't worry. Not Motorstorm complete either.

Well, it better be. No that i did mind Motorstorm much but in regards of videogames i only believe it when i see/experiment it.

Top Bottom