• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

Branduil

Sharp said:
All too many of you have a grasp of sarcasm that is tenuous at best.
Let's be fair, with what happens in MC threads every week it's not surprising that people would take that post seriously.

Cheesemeister said:
NDS - 22
WII - 5

cardancenin2.gif

Cheesemeister said:

63c4g80.gif

FoxHimself said:

In that second pic, you can see a blur of Reggie's face. Fail.

I'm not sure how to do it in Vanilla Mozilla, but with Mouse Gestures add-on there's a macro that will double an image's size. It makes it much more apparent.

Wii-za said:
Things to look for at MC threads during 2007
+Nintendo Top 30
+PS3 game in the Top 30
+PS3 keeping +10,000 sales
+X360 selling more than the PS3
+Wii Sports reaching 3M
+DS surpassing PS2 LTD
+Wii surpassing GC LTD
+NSMB becoming the second best selling Mario game ever
+Phantom Hourglass becoming the best selling Zelda game ever

Anything else I'm missing???

Pokemon D/P > Pokemon R/S
PSP 2nd million seller (FF7:CC ?)
DQ9 debut (best launch for a 3rd party game on handheld ?)

I doubt 360 will surpass PS3 sales in a week, last chance was Eternal Sonata

TwinIonEngines said:
It's a combination of the DQ name, SE's first party status on Nintendo consoles, and Japan's current fad-like obsession with games that play with just the remote. DQS doesn't even use an analog stick, so it can't be any good and shouldn't be taken as an indicator of any long term trends - Japan will wake up and start playing games again.

I agree, and there's where Nintendo has essentially killed themselves. Right now Wii owners in Japan (I don't know if we can call them "gamers") love the Wiimote, but in a couple months when WiiFit comes out it'll be obsolete due to the WiiFit board. At that point I would expect Wii owners to finally realize what's happened to them and pick up PS3s. And Sony already knows this because once WiiFit comes out, Everybody's Golf 5 will already be out and the biggest game in Japan. And what better game to draw Wii owners than Everybody Golf? It's brilliant

SovanJedi said:
New Super Mario Bros. is already the second best selling Mario game in Japan. The only thing to look forward to is seeing if it really can topple the original Super Mario Bros., but considering it's nearly 2 million behind that game's figure I wouldn't list it as a potential highlight of 2007.

Should we also add Famicom Mini Super Mario Bros to Super Mario Bros. LTD sales ?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
PhoenixDark said:
I agree, and there's where Nintendo has essentially killed themselves. Right now Wii owners in Japan (I don't know if we can call them "gamers") love the Wiimote, but in a couple months when WiiFit comes out it'll be obsolete due to the WiiFit board. At that point I would expect Wii owners to finally realize what's happened to them and pick up PS3s. And Sony already knows this because once WiiFit comes out, Everybody's Golf 5 will already be out and the biggest game in Japan. And what better game to draw Wii owners than Everybody Golf? It's brilliant

My sarcasm meter is broken.

This is the internet. Why, after all these years, does the internet not have a sarcasm smiley/emoticon?

ethelred

Pellham said:
good. their original games suck anyway. bring on more DQ, FF, and SaGa plz.

Is it even possible for you to be more of a sour, bitter wet blanket? :lol

charlequin said:
:(

We didn't get any actual preorder shipment news about IAWW, right? I'm really hoping to see this game be an unqualified success, and I'll be there day 1 for the US release.

Sadly, no, not that I've seen. Such a shame. I want the game to be a huge success. It's great and all to see the DS's popularity reviving things like Mario, Zelda, and the like, but I really want to see it bring an, as you said, unqualified success to Square Enix's first attempt at a genuinely important new franchise in years.

It's a shame Mario 64 was so low compared to the other titles in the series. I'm glad it's made a return on the VC with beautiful higher resolution textures. People better be downloading that game by default.

Phantom Hourglass will probably hit 1,000,000 by year's end. Whoever said by summer's end is crazy. It took OoT 19 weeks to reach 1 million in Japan, and OoT outsold PH every week by quite a bit, and it hit the Holiday rush in Mid-december, spiking its sales back up, or it would have taken longer.

ethelred

TSA said:
Phantom Hourglass will probably hit 1,000,000 by year's end. Whoever said by summer's end is crazy. It took OoT 19 weeks to reach 1 million in Japan, and OoT outsold PH every week by quite a bit...

Yeah, that's not true, actually. Phantom Hourglass had higher weeks in both its second and third weeks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
iceatcs said:
I don't know how reliable from this site.

Everybody's Golf 5 has sold 150K on the first day.
Linky

It's not according to that site, it's according to that site according to another site they read. And it's not according to the site they read, it's according to the site they read according to Game-Front.

And Game-Front is German, and that's a mistranslation. What Game-Front did say, according to posters here who actually read German, was that many stores have sold up to 50% of their inventory; given a retailer pre-order of 300k (and assuming it was filled properly), 150k would only happen if all stores sold 50% of their inventory.

It may end up being right. It may not. We'll know first day numbers when Sinobi reports them.

evilromero said:
It's a shame Mario 64 was so low compared to the other titles in the series. I'm glad it's made a return on the VC with beautiful higher resolution textures. People better be downloading that game by default.
The textures aren't higher resolution, everything just looks a lot nicer with the higher color depth and resolution. I really like a "clean" look, so I too am really enjoying the look of N64 games on Wii.

Tf53

Stumpokapow said:
It's not according to that site, it's according to that site according to another site they read. And it's not according to the site they read, it's according to the site they read according to Game-Front.
It took me a couple of times, but I have now finally deciphered this information.

ethelred said:
Yeah, that's not true, actually. Phantom Hourglass had higher weeks in both its second and third weeks.

Media Crate or Famitsu data? I'm going off Nintendo's own data whenever I do give data whenever I can (else I use Media Crate).

Ikael

Funny how Nintendo pretty much created their own enemy by dumping Sony for Phillips, only to have it come full circle, with Sony awakening Nintendo from its slumber with the announcement of the PSP.

Material worth of a greek tragedy made into opera!

Kaeru

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Are you Anihawking us???

Innotech

Banned
evilromero said:
I downloaded it already and it does look more vibrant. however it emphasizes very clearly the edges of certain polygons and the fact that they dont always quite match up. while the lburry N64 hid this fault, its glaringly apparent now. It doesnt ruin the game though.

NDS
+ 22 titles in the MC Top 30
+ 14 of those 22 Titles are First Party
+ 8 of those 22 are Third Party (for those too lazy to do the math)
+ 1 of the FAMOUS FIVE (NSMB, ACWW, BA2, MKDS, BA --> Soon to be The SUPER SIX) titles are in the Top 10, while all 5 dwell within the MC Top 20

Wii
+ 5 Titles in the MC Top 30
+ 2 of those titles are First Party*
+ Jikkyou has a surprisingly good start for its first week.

PS2
+ 3 titles in the MC Top 30

After today shows a 6th Consecutive week of PS3 hardware increases, expect Seven weeks, with a very big boost to hardware (At least over 20k) for the PS3

Everybody's Golf sold 150k the first day:
http://gamers-creed.com/?p=126

Kudos to the topic creator who I forgot their name. I'll edit it in later

laserbeam

Banned
LanceStern said:
After today shows a 6th Consecutive week of PS3 hardware increases, expect Seven weeks, with a very big boost to hardware (At least over 20k) for the PS3

False Alarm. The actual Site the info is from was babelfish translated. The actual report says some stores are reporting to be reaching 50% of thier stock. Sales are still unknown and based on the report not 150K

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
LanceStern said:

This link was already posted on this page. It's an unattributed story that was taken from Game-Front and mistranslated. That information may or may not end up being correct tomorrow when we get the first day numbers, but it is not currently correct.

The original said "some retailers are down to 50% stock", which people magically translated to "All retailers have sold 50% of their stock", thus getting the 150k sellthrough.

Innotech said:
I downloaded it already and it does look more vibrant. however it emphasizes very clearly the edges of certain polygons and the fact that they dont always quite match up. while the lburry N64 hid this fault, its glaringly apparent now. It doesnt ruin the game though.
Nintendo better address some of these issues before they bring games like Yoshi's Story to the VC service.

ethelred

TSA said:
Media Crate or Famitsu data? I'm going off Nintendo's own data whenever I do give data whenever I can (else I use Media Crate).

Famitsu, natch. It's the more accurate and reliable of the independent trackers. And I don't put any stock into Nintendo's own biased data or someone purporting to present such.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
JoshuaJSlone said:
The textures aren't higher resolution, everything just looks a lot nicer with the higher color depth and resolution. I really like a "clean" look, so I too am really enjoying the look of N64 games on Wii.

Josh, maybe you'll answer this for me since NO ONE ELSE EVER WILL.

Does OoT run at a higher frame rate, or is it just a consistent 20-25 fps without any additional slowdown?

Christine

I can't find my cartridge, but the VC OoT definitely has a better/more consistent framerate than the version on the collectors edition or WW preorder discs. It looks like a constant 30fps to me.

I want MM on the VCS.

Frillen

New numbers up:

DSL 154,459
Wii 86,786
PSP 32,894
PS2 14,059
PS3 12,187
Xbox360 2,664
GBM 315
GC 131
GBASP 122
DS 45
GBA 24

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
TwinIonEngines said:
I can't find my cartridge, but the VC OoT definitely has a better/more consistent framerate than the version on the collectors edition or WW preorder discs. It looks like a constant 30fps to me.

THANK YOU! I shall name my first born after you.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Now with hardware sales I can definitely understand why people say they are boring, it's pretty much exact same every week.

31./36. [NDS] Common Knowledge Training (Nintendo)
32./34. [NDS] Prof. Layton and the Curious Village (Level 5)
33./20. [WII] Donkey Kong Jet (Nintendo)
34./00. [PS2] Nodame Cantabile (Banpresto)
35./32. [NDS] Momotarou Dentetsu DS: Tokyo & Japan (Hudson)
36./31. [NDS] Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2 (Nintendo)
37./37. [WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
38./09. [NDS] Monster Farm DS (Tecmo)
39./00. [PS2] Monster Hunter 2 (Capcom)
40./29. [NDS] Listen! Write! Increase Vocabulary! Initial English Training (Benesse)
41./38. [NDS] Detailed Japanese History B Total Training (Bandai-Namco)
42./00. [PS2] Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3 (Banpresto)
43./40. [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
44./41. [NDS] Reading Training (Benesse)
45./33. [PSP] Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile (Sony)
46./00. [NDS] Touch! Bomberman Land Star Bomber's Miracle World (Hudson)
47./42. [NDS] Kekkaishi: Tale of the Raven Forest (Bandai-Namco)
48./45. [NDS] Kanji Test (Rocket Co.)
49./00. [PS2] Sengoku Basara Double Pack (Capcom)
50./35. [PS3] My Summer Vacation 3 (Sony)

NDS - 33
WII - 8
PS2 - 7
PSP - 1
PS3 - 1

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -   154,504 |   141,982 | 4,407,290 | 18,412,969
2. WII   -    86,786 |   109,854 | 2,226,771 |  3,146,414
3. PSP   -    32,894 |    37,578 | 1,186,565 |  5,718,694
4. PS2   -    14,059 |    15,777 |   464,329 | 20,619,188