• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Playstation 4 to launch October 21st

What would they do...organize a separate event? Post it on Twitter/Facebook? Make a youtube video?

Or you could announce it at a giant conference, with tons of fans watching, where thousands of fans will be walking around and trying your new console.

In this day and age it doesn't matter where they announce it. It will spread. They could just send it to the press.

saxoross

Neo Member
Release date is being announced next week. It was held because Japan was still being confirmed and they couldn't announce it confidently as early as June. Not to mention various other issues. It has little to do with MS. The release is very soon so MS wouldn't really be able to react regardless, but no specific date could be announced in confidence either a couple months ago.

Is Verendus the real deal?

Nags

Banned
You folks have had a debate raging for a while now on this topic, but I figured I would throw in my perspective.

Doesn't it seem likely that Ubi would make sure the next-gen version of Watch_Dogs was done before the PS360WiiU versions? They've been demoing the high-end build for quite a while, and while I know that was probably largely a PC build most of the time and that the game was likely written with an engine that could be downscaled to the older hardware, I think it would make perfect sense for the current gen edition to come out later than the next-gen version. No doubt Ubi's games are going to require some serious optimizing on current gen consoles to even be functional, so releasing them a bit later would offer them extra time to do that, especially when they really want to be pushing the next gen version anyway.

I'm not convinced that the currently announced release dates or "launch day" statements are in any way meaningful, but I wouldn't take the more concrete dates for current gen systems as anything to go by. Just a thought.

This is what I'm hoping for.
It would be a nice push for added momentum and it wouldn't really upset current gen adoption of those titles for those already committed to staying with PS3/360 for some time.

Plus there is some ambiguity to 'on release of next gen'.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Jack doesn't play with SCEWWS that much. He's a SCEA guy, so he probably wasn't best briefed to field that question.

Still, each region has to greenlight the game. For example SCEJ greenlighted Demon's Souls, while SCEA did not.

If all regions don't greenlight a game, the game is cancelled. Fortunately, SCEJ did greenlight it! Or that's how I remember it, at least.

Still, each region has to greenlight the game. For example SCEJ greenlighted Demon's Souls, while SCEA did not.

If all regions don't greenlight a game, the game is cancelled. Fortunately, SCEJ did greenlight it! Or that's how I remember it, at least.

No greenlighting development is different from using publishing rights.

quest

Not Banned from OT
The week of Oct 21st would be a nice surprise. I always was thinking mid November to give software long as possible to be worked on. Oct 21 be damn sweet since have a gaming weekend the first weekend of November so give me plenty of time to play with it with a old friend.

Verendus

Banned
Apparently and he said Gamescom>E3 regarding the games.
Which isn't hard considering you guys got one new game at E3. There are a bunch of folks heading over though. Some from SCEA also. This should be a pretty cool event.

I don't think the overall event will beat E3 though since that covered everything (pricing, DRM, various games, Batman) and had some cool surprises, even if not from SCE themselves.

Nah Verendus already said TLG is going to show up at TGS I believe. The comment that gamescom > E3 when it comes to games is purely based of the fact that Sony just announced one new game at E3. So obviously gamescom is going to be better in this regard. By how much we don't know.

EDIT: beaten by Verendus lol

Verendus

Banned
Nah Verendus already said TLG is going to show up at TGS I believe. The comment that gamescom > E3 when it comes to games is purely based of the fact that Sony just announced one new game at E3. So obviously gamescom is going to be better in this regard. By how much we don't know.

EDIT: beaten by Verendus lol
I did? I don't remember this! I've only ever said that it's on PS4 and in development.

Persona86

Banned
I believe he's just being silly.
ClANPyt.gif

Mario007

Which isn't hard considering you guys got one new game at E3. There are a bunch of folks heading over though. Some from SCEA also. This should be a pretty cool event.

I don't think the overall event will beat E3 though since that covered everything (pricing, DRM, various games, Batman) and had some cool surprises, even if not from SCE themselves.
Is the presser focused only on ps4 with montage for ps3 and vita or will the ps3 and vita titles get some love (I'd imagine a GT6 trailer should be there since this is Europe and the game is close to release).

TriGen

TLG as a launch title confirmed

My TLG guess is fall 2014 Japan, Q1 2015 worldwide. I feel that's both a long way away and optimistic at the same time. But, man if they drop a bomb and announce it for launch/first-half of 2014 it would be amazing.

Theecliff

Banned
My TLG guess is fall 2014 Japan, Q1 2015 worldwide. I feel that's both a long way away and optimistic at the same time. But, man if they drop a bomb and announce it for launch/first-half of 2014 it would be amazing.

Haha I know, I was only joking! But yeah, it would be an absolute megaton if it were announced to come out in the launch window!
Well, only if it would actually make it there without being delayed indefinitely again

Top Bottom