• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC:15 Minutes of Knack Gameplay

I wanted to like this game but that gameplay does look boring. It's like GoW meets Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack but less fun. I wish it'd have combat a la Guacamelee that was varied and challenging

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I feel like anyone expecting this to be a platformer will be disappointed. Onus is on them to do the proper research though. Judging by a lot of comments in previous threads, few people seems to be doing that and are expecting a new Crash Bandicootish game.
It's because Cerny won't stop bringing up Crash whenever he's talking about it.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
sort of want

belvedere

Junior Butler
I couldn't care less when this was first shown but with each reveal I find myself becoming more interested. I think it looks fun.

Hey, this actually looks good now!!

I do think though, the main character is what really does kill it. He's just no Jak or Ratchet.

Apparently Knack talks too.

Gameplay is good, hoping there is nice replayability with secret areas/size. I may actually have to get this, though I'm too broke for a day one purchase

VanWinkle

I just don't like the city environment. I'm glad the game looks much more polished now, and the other environments I've seen I really like the look of. I'm getting excited for it now!

other than the empty city environment and rapidly disappearing bodies, this looks to be coming together nicely. I'm keeping my pre-order.

JordanN

Banned
Some of the environments look really nice but all the plants seem to have super glue. Knack walks through the grass but the grass doesn't move.

I also hope they improve the transitions. I think the "instant fade out" when you beat chapter to chapter hurts its presentation. Maybe a little introductory card could help this.

This proved that they didn't choose the right footages before to show to us about this game.... Because this one showed some potential and was really good.

Will defintly keep an eye on Knack.. Again :)

GhaleonEB

I haven't been tuned into Knack, but as we get closer to the systems coming out, I'm checking out more and more games. It looks like a lot of fun; my eight year old watched with me and agreed. A nice mix of action with a bit of platforming.

It looks pretty cool. I'm sure it's gonna look amazing in person. His character design isn't exactly stellar, but it's different enough to be recognizable at least.

Starting to get the feeling I really underestimated some of these exclusive launch titles. But actually, both Killzone and Knack look pretty damn impressive to me.

An idea on how the builds are progressing (shitty compressed off-cam footage aside):

E3 Build
CqC13rJ.jpg

Gamescon
orvyMyv.png

Lots more shrubbery and overall objects in the stage, so that's good. The disappearing bodies thing is still horrible. Debris and enemies should stay on screen, at the very least until you leave the area, come on now.

Loudninja

The mechanic where the co-op buddy can offer parts to help Knack is really smart. Great way to have two players with different skill levels have a good time in the same game. It will be a good feature to have when playing with my younger daughter, or when the two kids are playing together.

Knack is officially on my radar.
Yeah I like how the devs truing to please all ages.

Speevy

Banned
The main character looks like a boss from another game.

Like one of those downtrodden trolls who found his way into the vat of supervillain juice.

EagleEyes

Definitely looks better then its E3 showing but it will be on the backburner for me at launch since i'm getting both new consoles.

VanWinkle

An idea on how the builds are progressing (shitty compressed off-cam footage aside):

Lots more shrubbery and overall objects in the stage, so that's good. The disappearing bodies thing is still horrible. Debris and enemies should stay on screen, at the very least until you leave the area, come on now.

Nice comparison! Definitely an improvement. Gives hope that it'll look even better by launch.

Love how lush the whole environment feels. It's not groundbreaking, but there's something about the pallete and the smoothness of the whole thing that feels vibrant.

The game won't win any awards, but it looks fun. Hope the co-op is good.

Picobrain

Banned
I don't see anything good about this game. Graphic is medicore, gameplay doesn't look fun, camera is somehow zoomed in and I am getting a little bit claustrophobic, plus it doesn't play like a platformer it's more like god of war style. I'll pass.

nib95

Banned
Looks much improved over the E3 footage graphically speaking. The world looks very rich and colourful, and the inside of the cave had some nice lighting and textures going on. Still not sold on the gameplay, but maybe one to pick up when I'm bored if it goes cheap. Will wait to see how it reviews, only because I've read it's quite story based, which might help the game a lot.

Top Bottom