• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] PlayStation Portal - Decent Hardware But Does Remote Play Cut It?

Senua

If Microsoft made an Xcloud device, they would be talking differently....

Expect the same for every Playstation hardware they review...
who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

MacReady13

Hard pass for me. Anytime there is lag like this device shows i'm out. I cannot play games on my 4K TV without it being on Game mode due to the minor lag. Completely takes me out of the game. tried gaming on my ipad once from the PS5 remote play- worked as i'd expected, with heaps of lag. Looked good but played like shit.

Zathalus

Sorry I dont understand. Right now, i have three connection options available for my router. 2G, 5G, and 6G. Signal is full strength for my 2G connection, 3 bars for my 5G connection and 2 for my 6G connection. Are you saying that even if i select 2G instead of 6G, i will get 6G enhancements?
Wifi 6 and 6Ghz are two separate things. Wifi 6 is the protocol while 6Ghz is the band you are connecting on. So if you connect to 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, or 6Ghz you will still be using WiFi 6 (if you have a Wifi 6 router and WiFi 6 device). Technically if you connect on 6Ghz that is known as Wifi 6E.

hlm666

What are you talking about? I am literally talking about native switch and steam deck performance. If you use it to stream games, good for you. I never claimed it didnt. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I cant believe we are at a point where saying something factual like switch and steam's native performance is generations lower than the PS5 is now considered too controversial of a take.
I didn't put words in your mouth, your talking about streaming a game and comparing it to a native game on other devices that can stream but chose to pretend it's not possible.
I dont know how hard it is to understand that you cannot get this on the switch or even the steam deck which can barely run games at ps4 quality visual settings.

Why are you comparing that to what another device can do natively when it can stream aswell? Using your logic it's not contraversial to say steamdeck is better than a ps5 because it can play pathtraced cyberpunk streamed from a pc.......... Either compare native to native or streaming to streaming. Why not show us a native game running on portal for a native to native comparison on the visuals?

Its rough on games like Call of Duty but perfectly acceptable in single player games
It might be playable to you, for me playing 30fps game with 5 frames of lag is unplayable, and don’t forget the picture quality is bad, feels like there is Vaseline all over the screen.

Steam deck with Chiaki4Deck seems to have less lag than this 😂 Sony this is just embarrassing.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Bad lag, iffy image quality on the stream, wide variance of performance, and mediocre LCD screen, for a device that does only one thing it needs to do it spectacularly well and this thing does not. Hopefully Sony can improve this performance through software but I'm not sure they give a shit.

I am legit blown away by this thing. It's literally a PS5 in the palm of my hands. The switch is literally two gens behind this thing. Not one. Two.
Is this bait?

Last edited:

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Great review. This is a niche device that presents nothing new to the remote play space other than a larger screen with Dual Sense controls. It also lacks features that competitors have like Bluetooth support, streaming apps, emulators, higher bitrate streaming, and better battery life. Still, for those that have to have everything PlayStation, are ok with buying Sony's proprietary wireless earbuds (I'm aware there is a 3.5 jack), and want an easy-to-use remote play device, it's decent enough. I truly do get the appeal, but other than Dual Sense trigger support, I think you're better off getting a second-hand Logitech G Cloud.

All that said, if this thing gets jail-broken and the mod scene adds the other stuff I mentioned, it'll be the best streaming device there is, especially at the cost.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
From what I am seeing it’s a piece of shit.
But its not a piece of shit. This is my main issue with the review. It gives the impression that the device sucks when its anything but. Richard is way too harsh on it. No wonder sony didnt send him a review copy. They have him read like an open book. I bet he doesnt get the pro either after all the nonsense they have been spouting off saying its not needed whilst bitching about 60 fps modes in games dropping below 1080p. DF is literally fucking losing it.
5 frames of lag, banding, compression, makes 60 feel like 30…
This part of the review is nonsense. Ive not seen any of this. You can try this right now on your ipad or phone. See if you can notice the lag, the banding or the compression. Like i said earlier, Horizon FW was the only game where i saw compression artficats but they went away when i switched to 60 fps. game has too much detail. 30 fps modes on Callisto, Spiderman 2 and ratchet are fine.
And you need to have good WiFi dipped in virgin sacrificial blood to have good signal.
Again, nonsense. I literally just tried Spiderman 2 on my 5G phone connection and it was fine. Not as responsive as my home internet but still very playable. Switched to 60 fps and it smooth as fuck. Again, you can try this on your phone right now.
And all of that when you are connected to router with cable and that router is actually good… I’ve seen review from mystic, a ps fan and he hated it. Same with Wulf den.
you dont need to connect directly. but you might need a good router. upgrade your damn router. its especially nowadays when you might have 20 devices connected at once in a house like i do. this in 2005.
Unacceptable. Should have oled, should be streaming directly from ps5 like Wii u.
Should, but not unacceptable. the screen is gorgeous. I put it next to my oled in game mode, and the colors still looked vibrant.
Should stream directly from PS5 like the Wii U, yes.
Edit; btw since I have premium now, I’ve tried cloud streaming some games I already have to compare lag and quality. Even ps5 4k streams like hogwarts legacy look like crap and are very delayed. And the game locks 40fps 120hz option out

Cloud streaming is different from remote play. You are streaming from PS5s on some cloud server in your region. This thing is streaming from your local PS5. Try remote play on your phone or ipad to see how it holds up.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But its not a piece of shit. This is my main issue with the review. It gives the impression that the device sucks when its anything but. Richard is way too harsh on it. No wonder sony didnt send him a review copy. They have him read like an open book. I bet he doesnt get the pro either after all the nonsense they have been spouting off saying its not needed whilst bitching about 60 fps modes in games dropping below 1080p. DF is literally fucking losing it.

This part of the review is nonsense. Ive not seen any of this. You can try this right now on your ipad or phone. See if you can notice the lag, the banding or the compression. Like i said earlier, Horizon FW was the only game where i saw compression artficats but they went away when i switched to 60 fps. game has too much detail. 30 fps modes on Callisto, Spiderman 2 and ratchet are fine.

Again, nonsense. I literally just tried Spiderman 2 on my 5G phone connection and it was fine. Not as responsive as my home internet but still very playable. Switched to 60 fps and it smooth as fuck. Again, you can try this on your phone right now.

you dont need to connect directly. but you might need a good router. upgrade your damn router. its especially nowadays when you might have 20 devices connected at once in a house like i do. this in 2005.

Should, but not unacceptable. the screen is gorgeous. I put it next to my oled in game mode, and the colors still looked vibrant.
Should stream directly from PS5 like the Wii U, yes.

Cloud streaming is different from remote play. You are streaming from PS5s on some cloud server in your region. This thing is streaming from your local PS5. Try remote play on your phone or ipad to see how it holds up.
fair enough. I;ve not tried the device myself so I should hamper my critique.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It might be playable to you, for me playing 30fps game with 5 frames of lag is unplayable, and don’t forget the picture quality is bad, feels like there is Vaseline all over the screen.

Steam deck with Chiaki4Deck seems to have less lag than this 😂 Sony this is just embarrassing.
So you have never used this device and cherry picking "reviews" to call it embarrassing

Got it

SlimySnake

Is this bait?
No, its a fact. Switch is on par with the PS3. This thing is streaming games running natively on my PS5. Why is this so hard? It doesnt matter if the portal is not running it natively because the end result is an image that is vastly superior to what i get on my switch.
Bad lag, iffy image quality on the stream, wide variance of performance, and mediocre LCD screen, for a device that does only one thing it needs to do it spectacularly well and this thing does not. Hopefully Sony can improve this performance through software but I'm not sure they give a shit.

These reviews have made people believe they are getting some pixelated mess that isnt even on par with the 360p switch ports we have been getting when you are literally getting PS5 quality graphics on this.

And there is nothing mediocre about this LCD screen. its stunning even though its not OLED or HDR. Way better than my ipad screen. My oled phone has better blacks but its not a massive difference in image quality and i much prefer the brightness and size of my portal screen.

I will keep saying this. Try it on your ipad or your phone right now. Setup is simple. pair your dualsense to your phone if you dont like touch controls and play it. The same exact tech is in the portal.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I am legit blown away by this thing. It's literally a PS5 in the palm of my hands.

It isn't though. It's a streaming extension, based on the video there's no difference in protocols and performance compared to the bog-standard Remote Play you can do x number of other ways.

Use any 8 inch tablet, tether your DS4 or Dual Sense to it via bluetooth and you can replicate the exact same experience.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I will take a picture of the game running on my portal right in front of my 65 inch LG OLED. The game mode on OLED is very poorly calibrated in terms of colors. it has deeper blacks but in a vibrant game like Spiderman 2, you wont notice it. The difference is there, but its not huge. You can criticize the lag, the lack of wii u like functionality and occasional artifacting, but the screen is way better than i thought it would be. Hope it shows up in pictures.

not all LCD screens are built the same.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I will take a picture of the game running on my portal right in front of my 65 inch LG OLED. The game mode on OLED is very poorly calibrated in terms of colors. it has deeper blacks but in a vibrant game like Spiderman 2, you wont notice it. The difference is there, but its not huge. You can criticize the lag, the lack of wii u like functionality and occasional artifacting, but the screen is way better than i thought it would be. Hope it shows up in pictures.

not all LCD screens are built the same.

LCD is a legacy technology. Let’s not get too crazy, ok?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It isn't though. It's a streaming extension, based on the video there's no difference in protocols and performance compared to the bog-standard Remote Play you can do x number of other ways.

Use any 8 inch tablet, tether your DS4 or Dual Sense to it via bluetooth and you can replicate the exact same experience.
I tend to agree with SlimySnake SlimySnake this feels more like a PS5 in my hands than doing a dualsense/Ipad remote play

It just feels like a gaming device

This isn't directed at you adamsapple adamsapple but damn this device is breaking people, its amazing how its hurting people's minds that some of us are actually enjoying it

Maybe its because I have a stellar router but this thing performs quite well around my house

SlimySnake

I know. I have been telling people to do this to try out the tech themselves in literally every single post ive made in this thread. But what matters is the end result when comparing it to something like the switch which DF are very forgiving with. Same goes with the steam deck. So many of the latest games have them settling for 720p using FSR2 performance to get them to run on the deck at 30 fps. Thats 360p internal resolution at low settings. And they are like what a miracle!!!! Meanwhile this thing is running/streaming the actual PS5 game in all its 10 tflops glory and he's like but what if you have bad wifi??

I will concede that the $200 price tag is too high for a streaming device. Should be $100 max since it lacks HDR, OLED, bluetooth and dedicated PS5 connection chips. But i much prefer it compared to my ipad and iphone because i dont have to worry about pairing different controllers and setting it down somewhere. its more palm of my hands than other remote play devices and the screen is way better.

Killjoy-NL

Does that matter?

Portal is not meant to be an evolution for Remote Play, it's just a device for convenience, dedicated to Remote Play.

This is a non-argument.

adamsapple

I tend to agree with SlimySnake SlimySnake this feels more like a PS5 in my hands than doing a dualsense/Ipad remote play

It just feels like a gaming device

This isn't directed at you adamsapple adamsapple but damn this device is breaking people, its amazing how its hurting people's minds that some of us are actually enjoying it

Maybe its because I have a stellar router but this thing performs quite well around my house

I have absolutely no doubt folks are enjoying their time with it.

I'm just talking specifically based on what's in this DF video. They make a point to state that it is using the exact same back-end and technology that the standard remote play feature does. Outside of the form factor and the built-in dual sense it's not really doing anything different.

This will probably become a much more viable device for a lot more people if/when they add the full cloud support next year or later.

Does that matter?

Portal is not meant to be an evolution for Remote Play, it's just a device for convenience, dedicated to Remote Play.

This is a non-argument.
I was replying to the "this is a PS5 in my hands" comment specifically.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have absolutely no doubt folks are enjoying their time with it.

I'm just talking specifically based on what's in this DF video. They make a point to state that it is using the exact same back-end and technology that the standard remote play feature does. Outside of the form factor and the built-in dual sense it's not really doing anything different.

This will probably become a much more viable device for a lot more people if/when they add the full cloud support next year or later.

Enjoyment is subjective, I was replying to the "this is a PS5 in my hands" comment specifically.
Its for sure not doing anything different but with the built in dual sense it does feel more like a PS5 in the palm of my hand than anything else out there

Senua

I will concede that the $200 price tag is too high for a streaming device. Should be $100 max since it lacks HDR, OLED, bluetooth and dedicated PS5 connection chips. But i much prefer it compared to my ipad and iphone because i dont have to worry about pairing different controllers and setting it down somewhere. its more palm of my hands than other remote play devices and the screen is way better.
And this here is the issue, if it was $100 people would have way lower expectations.

mitch1971

4-5 frames of lag is borderline unplayable. For slower cinematic or turn based stuff it would at least be playable. Anything fast paced or requiring accurate inputs pretty much out the window.

Of course people will claim they're playing it on the other side of the world perfectly fine. To those people I say be thankful you couldn't notice lag if it were kicking you square in the dick
I think people understand that it's not a replacement for their ps5, but a benefit for those with tv sharing or a quick five minutes at work. I doubt anyone is saying that they lost an esports match because of the lag on their portal.

SlimySnake

LCD is a legacy technology. Let’s not get too crazy, ok?
OLED tvs are way too expensive nowadays. I wouldnt call LCD legacy. Steam deck came out last year and didnt have an OLED screen until just last month. Most other pc handhelds arent OLED. 99% of the tablets arent oled. The computer monitor you are using isnt OLED unless you spend $899 on the LG 42 inch at black friday. hell, i have an iphone 14 pro which came out last year. my wife's iphone 14 is still LCD. hardly legacy.

iPhone retina screens were widely praised for having better colors than other premium smartphones. it took samsung a lot of years to catch up.

There is a reason why we all went and bought Sony bravia tvs instead of other brands. Sony LCDs used to be the cream of the crop before Samsung caught up with them with the KS8000. There has always been disparity between the quality of LCD screens which is why we paid premium for Samsung and Sony over TCL and Vizio. And this LCD screen in way better than what i have on the switch and my 9th gen ipad.

I will take some pics tonight. I wish i was talking out of my ass but I am playing this and it is not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
OLED tvs are way too expensive nowadays. I wouldnt call LCD legacy. Steam deck came out last year and didnt have an OLED screen until just last month. Most other pc handhelds arent OLED. 99% of the tablets arent oled. The computer monitor you are using isnt OLED unless you spend $899 on the LG 42 inch at black friday. hell, i have an iphone 14 pro which came out last year. my wife's iphone 14 is still LCD. hardly legacy.

iPhone retina screens were widely praised for having better colors than other premium smartphones. it took samsung a lot of years to catch up.

There is a reason why we all went and bought Sony bravia tvs instead of other brands. Sony LCDs used to be the cream of the crop before Samsung caught up with them with the KS8000. There has always been disparity between the quality of LCD screens which is why we paid premium for Samsung and Sony over TCL and Vizio. And this LCD screen in way better than what i have on the switch and my 9th gen ipad.

I will take some pics tonight. I wish i was talking out of my ass but I am playing this and it is not as bad as some people are making it out to be.
lcd was never good. At best it was acceptable, especially on phones. But on monitors? always bad

Killjoy-NL

I was replying to the "this is a PS5 in my hands" comment specifically.
I know and it might sound hyperbolic, but it isn't far from the truth.

I think most of those that have issues mostly have poor internet.

And from my experience, it could also be certain settings, like 120hz and HDR that need to be turned off on the PS5 itself for better performance/colors (colors might be off with HDR turned on).
As well as ingame settings that might need some adjusting (like sensitivity).

Too many variables case by case to just state that overall performance is lacking.

Edit:

In fact, it surprises me (then again, maybe it doesn't) that DF didn't address the need to change settings and such.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
From what I am seeing it’s a piece of shit.
5 frames of lag, banding, compression, makes 60 feel like 30…
And you need to have good WiFi dipped in virgin sacrificial blood to have good signal.
And all of that when you are connected to router with cable and that router is actually good… I’ve seen review from mystic, a ps fan and he hated it. Same with Wulf den.

Unacceptable. Should have oled, should be streaming directly from ps5 like Wii u.

Edit; btw since I have premium now, I’ve tried cloud streaming some games I already have to compare lag and quality. Even ps5 4k streams like hogwarts legacy look like crap and are very delayed. And the game locks 40fps 120hz option out

I didn't see this on PS+ cloud streaming at all. SpiderMan: MM played really well with little lag at all at my house. I call cap!

SlimySnake

And this here is the issue, if it was $100 people would have way lower expectations.
Thats ok. Fair complaint. Still doesnt make it a piece of shit device like some people are making it out to be.

lcd was never good. At best it was acceptable, especially on phones. But on monitors? always bad
Nah man. I bought the Sony x900H and the LGCX oled back when the PS5 came out within 2 weeks of each other. The difference is there but the games look phenomenal on both tvs. also, the HDR on the OLED tvs isnt very bright. hell, my ks8000 from 2016 has brighter HDR. I only use it for watching movies and tv shows, and i never get the feeling that im losing out on anything.

Bad LCD tvs are bad. But i have always paid extra to get smaller tvs to get better colors.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Sony is a hardware company first and foremost. They could and should do better. Everything about this device screams cost cutting. Valve can add OLED and reduce price at the same time. Let that sink in.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

No you can't. The bolded is LITERALLY a bold face lie!

midnightAI

Sony is a hardware company first and foremost. They could and should do better. Everything about this device screams cost cutting. Valve can add OLED and reduce price at the same time. Let that sink in.
There is a vast difference between the LCD used in the original Steam Deck and the one in the Portal.

Not all LCD's are made equal, there is a vast range in quality. And the same goes for OLED's, cheap OLED's are pretty shit, have really bad burn in and bad smearing when there is motion.

adamsapple

There is an official Sony made remote play app and Sony themselves tell you how to connect a controller to play on Android or iOS tablets on their website.

Which part is the bold face lie?

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
There is a vast difference between the LCD used in the original Steam Deck and the one in the Portal.

Not all LCD's are made equal, there is a vast range in quality. And the same goes for OLED's, cheap OLED's are pretty shit, have really bad burn in and bad smearing when there is motion.

Your post adds nothing. Sony cheaped out on this device. Stop trying to defend that shit. From the screen to WiFi module to lack of Bluetooth support and basic features like ability to use it as a secondary controller. It’s designed to offer as little as possible and to be manufactured for as little as possible.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I think what he meant was, get a good tablet with a1080p 60hz display, then disassemble a DualSense controller and then carefully cutting it in half, probably mold a new housing so that you can attach that Controller to the tablet and then wire the controller directly into the tablet somehow (so you'll need to be very good at electronics), then take a rom dump of an actual Portal and change the OS on the tablet to that of the Portal OS (you'll need to hack the portal and tablet to do that so you may have to wait until a hack is available, along with creating your own drivers for the hacked DualSense). Then you'll be close to replicating the experience, simples.

midnightAI

Your post adds nothing. Sony cheaped out on this device. Stop trying to defend that shit. From the screen to WiFi module to lack of Bluetooth support and basic features like ability to use it as a secondary controller. It’s designed to offer as little as possible and to be manufactured for as little as possible.
Well, I'm using it and have no complaints (other than account switching), so... whatever

Send yours back if you don't like it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
?

I don't want to speak for mckmas8808 mckmas8808 but its not the same "experience" as the Portal unless you meant strictly from a gameplay standpoint

But the experience of playing on the Portal overall is much more enjoyable than the tablet/phone and controller "experience"

adamsapple

I think what he meant was, get a good tablet with a1080p 60hz display, then disassemble a DualSense controller and then carefully cutting it in half, probably mold a new housing so that you can attach that Controller to the tablet and then wire the controller directly into the tablet somehow (so you'll need to be very good at electronics), then take a rom dump of an actual Portal and change the OS on the tablet to that of the Portal OS (you'll need to hack the portal and tablet to do that so you may have to wait until a hack is available, along with creating your own drivers for the hacked DualSense). Then you'll be close to replicating the experience, simples.

troy-laugh.gif

You know exactly what I'm talking about.

A dualsense controller can be paired with any tablet from the last decade to get the full controller experience, so you don't have to fiddle with touch-screen nonsense.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I know and it might sound hyperbolic, but it isn't far from the truth.

I think most of those that have issues mostly have poor internet.

And from my experience, it could also be certain settings, like 120hz and HDR that need to be turned off on the PS5 itself for better performance/colors (colors might be off with HDR turned on).
As well as ingame settings that might need some adjusting (like sensitivity).

Too many variables case by case to just state that overall performance is lacking.

Edit:

In fact, it surprises me (then again, maybe it doesn't) that DF didn't address the need to change settings and such.
The vrr shit is something Sony shouldve sorted out before launch. especially since i have the LGCX which has great VRR and gsync functionality which means every single game i play has vrr turned on. I had to turn off vrr in horizon, gow and spiderman 2 to get a smoother experience but that was an issue when i tried this on my ipad before i even bought the thing. So it was a rather quick fix. I just toggle the vrr modes when i play the games on my portal but i shouldnt have to do that.

I live in a house with 2 kids with ipads, switches, and their own tv in the kitchen. Four tvs total. My wife and I both have laptops and pcs. Thats 10 devices before my gaming devices even come into play. Then there are other things that people dont realize are connected to the internet. Ring security system. iWatch. soundbars. Alexa. I was shocked to see 20 registered devices on my router which led me to upgrade it last year. Just getting 1 gig internet isnt enough. you need better routers.

But yes, playing Callisto on a handheld with no downgrades one would expect from a handheld is mind blowing. Sony can and will never release a PS5 handheld beause even valve and other PC manufactuers arent able to hit 6 tflops 3 years into the gen. The ROG Ally kept lowering the clocks so its like why even bother? Getting to 10 tflops might take another 5 years and by then the PS6 would be out so why bother?

Nintendo's next console is going to be 2 tflops max in handheld mode. If we are lucky. I dont care what dlss secret sauce they use, games will not look as good as PS5 games im currently streaming to this thing. Sony cant afford to go handheld only and have all their devs work on a 2 tflops machine so they have to either match 10 tflops so games run natively or just stream it. 10 tflops is impossible in a handheld right now, so this is their next best option. And it works! just improve it with more features instead of sending it to die like the vita and i will be happy. If not, i can always trade it back in for the pro next year.

Three

There is an official Sony made remote play app and Sony themselves tell you how to connect a controller to play on Android or iOS tablets on their website.

Which part is the bold face lie?

Not all controller functions work via the app IIRC.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I don't want to speak for mckmas8808 mckmas8808 but its not the same "experience" as the Portal unless you meant strictly from a gameplay standpoint

But the experience of playing on the Portal overall is much more enjoyable than the tablet/phone and controller "experience"
Do you have a steam deck or another pc handheld to compare the streaming quality/latency with ?
I was thinking of getting it for my girlfriend so she'd let me my steam deck when she's homeworking.

SlimySnake

Agreed. At $200, this shouldve had OLED, HDR and bluetooth. Sony cheaped out here for some reason, but this thing still feels slick like all sony gadgets.
They're just salty Sony didn't make a Vita successor
I was butthurt over how sony treated the vita. I still look at my vita and get turned on by how sleek it looks. But vita just proved that having dedicated handhelds is never going to work. no one wants to make games for shitty tflops. Nintendo is forcing their devs to do it but you can see, very few third party AAA devs bothered making games for it. i cant think of anyone other platinum who were willing to make AAA games on that thing.

There was no way sony was getting other devs to support a vita 2 with 2 tflops. ND, SSM, GG and other top tier studios werent going to limit themselves. They couldnt get anyone to support ps vr 2 and it was DoA. Streaming everything that the PS5 play was an ingenious move that should appeal to people who like handheld gaming.

I think this is for japan more than anyone else. they care more about handheld gaming than anyone else and they have a great internet infrastructure.

Thinking about it the performance modes on PS5 games will be perfect for this. The smaller screen will mask the settings & res drop (when it goes below 1080p eg FFXVI) and the higher fps will mask some of the added latency. 60fps games through PSNow/PS+ were generally perfectly playable at work whenever I've tried.

FrankWza

Root-uh... Blah blah... Device does exactly what it's supposed to do better than any other. Root-uh... Blah blah... Now let's see how it compares to a WiiU running 480p games and limited range. Root-uh

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Root-uh... Blah blah... Device does exactly what it's supposed to do better than any other. Root-uh... Blah blah... Now let's see how it compares to a WiiU running 480p games and limited range. Root-uh
I figured they would not giving it a glowing review as they kept saying a PS5 Pro was dumb, a team designed to compare performance of consoles being against a Pro variant

Plus I wonder why Sony sent them one a week late?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Top Bottom