• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
electricpirate said:
That's what they did in Halo 2, they were hard to find, then you got some kind of crazy reward till you ended the game. Some would change physics, some made the game crazy hard, one even just made the enemies say funny lines.

This time around they are like unlockables, once you find them you can choose to apply their affects at the start of the game. Using skulls provides multiplayers for campaign scoring, so you need to them for achievements and general awesomeness.

So yea, you will be hardcore to find them, but now they are basically difficulty modifiers that you get rewarded / punished(Not sure are there skulls for easier play and do they affect scoring) for using.

Can't fricken wait. First game I get full gamerscore confirmed?

Darnit, gonna have to buy the guide book >_<

Cocopjojo said:
Here it is:

It comes with Mark VI, C.Q.B., and E.V.A. unlocked for everything.
Head has ten total, left shoulder has seven total, right shoulder has seven total, and body has six total. Those are totals, including the three that come unlocked already. I've unlocked the Scout helmet, the Scout body piece, and the Hayabusa body piece.

Totally LTTP, but all this is unlocked through ranked play?

Thanks for info, does it give an explanation as to how each piece of armour is unlocked? Also,
Hayabusa armor? Ninja?
:lol :lol

Cocopjojo said:
Also, I was just playing around in Forge, and I laid down a two-way teleporter node, and then created another, which I was carrying around deciding where to place, and I bumped against a wall and actually flew through the teleporter node that I was holding. And it came with me through itself. I then proceeded to have a massive brain hemorrhage.

Wait, wouldn't this destroy all life in the universe as we know it? That is some serious 4d stuff right there!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
DoctorWho said:
Thanks for info, does it give an explanation as to how each piece of armour is unlocked? Also,
Hayabusa armor? Ninja?
:lol :lol

Where is A Master Ninja when you need him?

Halvie

Banned
People with Newegg trouble

call Gabriel at 800-390-1119 (dial 25082 immediately)

The online help people can't do shit for you. This guy gave me a $100 credit for shipping the wrong item once...he can do something.

meddow

WOAH, feck me the video mode on Mplayer is insanely good, it soo simple to use, but you can make some killer videos/screen shots.

The one thing it misses tho, is to see through the eyes of you team/ opposing team you cant on replays, which seems odd.

Cocopjojo said:
Also, I was just playing around in Forge, and I laid down a two-way teleporter node, and then created another, which I was carrying around deciding where to place, and I bumped against a wall and actually flew through the teleporter node that I was holding. And it came with me through itself. I then proceeded to have a massive brain hemorrhage.
Did you just create Portal within Forge?

meddow

Also, it records even when you have split screen, we didnt even know it was going, as we were messing around in forge, but looked in movie bit, and there all recorded

Crazy

Karg

meddow said:
WOAH, feck me the video mode on Mplayer is insanely good, it soo simple to use, but you can make some killer videos/screen shots.

The one thing it misses tho, is to see through the eyes of you team/ opposing team you cant on replays, which seems odd.

But you can at least view all other players on a replay through 3rd person though right?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
DoctorWho said:
Thanks for info, does it give an explanation as to how each piece of armour is unlocked?

I don't remember where, but I recall a Bungie employee (maybe Tyson?) saying in an interview that it's attached to your achievement point score. Like, after 50 pts (in whatever assortment of achievements), you get a piece, then after 100 pts, another piece, and so on.

Stinkles said:
Where is A Master Ninja when you need him?

Sadly, I'm a Ninja Dog. :(

I don't remember where, but I recall a Bungie employee (maybe Tyson?) saying in an interview that it's attached to your achievement point score. Like, after 50 pts (in whatever assortment of achievements), you get a piece, then after 100 pts, another piece, and so on.

I'm betting on 1000 points for Mark V.

I'll take the moment to point out that this is the first Halo game I'm buying and the first one where I'm excited to play MP in (the beta did wonders for me -- the game feels so much more fresh and balanced than Halo 2 -- no more do I feel like shit 'cause I can't find weapons when I spawn).

Where do I go for the hugs and welcome party?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The one thing I am looking forward to more than anything (next to the story) is the sound of Halo 3. I cannot wait to hear the music, the sounds of the weapons, the environmental effects; etc.

Karg

DenogginizerOS said:
The one thing I am looking forward to more than anything (next to the story) is the sound of Halo 3. I cannot wait to hear the music, the sounds of the weapons, the environmental effects; etc.

Something I noticed when I watched the Isolation walkthrough by Drew, listen closely to the sounds as he walks around underground on the Flood areas. So crisp even on this capture, I fucking love it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/108145.html

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Cornballer said:
Did you just create Portal within Forge?
Yes. You can have like, eight different portal pairs on High Ground at once. It's probably the same for other levels. Eight different portal pairs (so, sixteen total nodes). That's insane. (I can recreate Chiron! :lol )

I noticed if you stack a portal on top of crates and then delete the crates, the portal stays there, hanging in mid-air. Sweet.

traveler

Not Wario
Cocopjojo said:
Here it is:

It comes with Mark VI, C.Q.B., and E.V.A. unlocked for everything.
Head has ten total, left shoulder has seven total, right shoulder has seven total, and body has six total. Those are totals, including the three that come unlocked already. I've unlocked the Scout helmet, the Scout body piece, and the Hayabusa body piece.

Edit: beaten, but I named two new pieces that I've unlocked.

Hayabusa
?!?!?!?! As in
Ninja Gaiden armor?! HOLY CRAP!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Monsieur Stinkles, et Monsieur Luke,

Are there any plans to let us rampage through Co-Op campaign in our own Spartan/Arbiter armour combinations some day?

I understand that for story purposes it's locked, but perhaps in the metagame, or via a DLC patch in the future?

Seems a shame that we can't have custom made Spartan/Elites in "non-competitive" play.

C'est combien sil vousz plaiz bonjour!

Cocopjojo said:
Yes. You can have like, eight different portal pairs on High Ground at once. It's probably the same for other levels. Eight different portal pairs (so, sixteen total nodes). That's insane. (I can recreate Chiron! :lol )

I noticed if you stack a portal on top of crates and then delete the crates, the portal stays there, hanging in mid-air. Sweet.
If multiple people are in Forge do the portals work with each other or do you have to set up your own?

Cocopjojo said:

Floating portals u say? Hmmmmm...... my brain is brewing something. I need time....

Karg

Son of Godzilla said:
If multiple people are in Forge do the portals work with each other or do you have to set up your own?

I would imagine that 8 portal limit was map specific so 8 total portals between all 8 people? Or are you talking about creating receiver portals for someone else's portal entrance? Hmmm.....

ShinAmano

Cocopjojo said:

You re-make chiron and I will buy you chocolate.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
traveler said:
Hayabusa
?!?!?!?! As in
Ninja Gaiden armor?! HOLY CRAP!
I just looked up a picture and that's definately what it looks like. It's armour, obviously, and not, like cloth. But it's definately reminiscent of that.

Also, if you lay down multiple sender nodes but only one reciever, they all send to the one. Pretty cool - lots of stuff that will be done with that. And I believe Frank or Luke's already mentioned that if you lay down more than one reciever, but only one sender, then it's random.

This game is filled with subtle beauty. Graphics, features, it's all something that, upon inspection, you realize how ridiculously amazing it is. Nothing hits you over the head with its awesomeness... wait, that's wrong - a lot of stuff hits you over the head with its awesomess - but a lot of stuff is also subtle. This game is... it's unreal.

Son of Godzilla said:
I'm sure they work together. There aren't team items. It's just a portal.

Son of Godzilla said:

According to the most recent bit on forge, portals work on a "Channel system" so two players could create 8 portals on channel 1, and where you end up would be totally random. I see mass chaos <G>.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:

Same here, Bioshock was great in that regard.

Proelite

DSC00522-1.jpg

DSC00523-1.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
electricpirate said:
According to the most recent bit on forge, portals work on a "Channel system" so two players could create 8 portals on channel 1, and where you end up would be totally random. I see mass chaos <G>.
Oh my gosh. I hadn't even seen that. I see it now. There are ten channels.

WHAT IS THIS GAME DOING. IT WILL KILL ME.

Halvie said:
really son of godzilla? I would have much rather had higher AA and slightly less detailed environments myself.

I unno, AA is nice sure, but I'm glad it was omitted if it was to make stuff like that Construct level. It just looks incredible.

Cocopjojo said:
This game is filled with subtle beauty. Graphics, features, it's all something that, upon inspection, you realize how ridiculously amazing it is. Nothing hits you over the head with its awesomeness... wait, that's wrong - a lot of stuff hits you over the head with its awesomess - but a lot of stuff is also subtle. This game is... it's unreal.

I think he agrees too. It's probably a good thing the game doesn't have AA, adds to the subtlety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom